Peabody @ G W Carver

freeacen

Trenton needs to hop in their little bus and go play the Cobras in Memphis. This is the playoffs.Find Elvis Presley Blvd. and take a right at Whitehaven High School. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Cobras by 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree 100%. The playoffs are the playoffs regardless of what each team’s record is, Carver is a higher seed and should have home field or at least Trenton should not have home field. However, it would not surprise me if the allure of making more money didn't entice Carver school officials to agree to the trade. And if Carver agrees, the TSSAA will not turn down the extra gate money generated because of where the game is played. Trenton could even pay another school and play at a neutral site (probably not though)

how do they benefit?

$ MONEY$

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt sound like it is going to happen now. Actually Carver initiated that move from what I understand. If it would have happened it would have been great for us and them. The TSSAA is gonna get a big majority of the gate money anyway, no matter where it is played, so if Carver could have made some money to cover their seasons expenses it would have been a good thing. My understanding is that they (Carver) were asking more than we wanted to pay. I dont know what kind of arrangement they have as far as using someone elses field, if they have to pay that school or not, but it could have been a moneymaker for them.. Trenton will carry a crowd to memphis and the kids will go down there and play there butts off, just like they would have here at home. I'm sure it will be a good game and Carver will come out ready to play. When you get into the 2nd round of the playoffs, you better not concede anything, it will be a long night and a long ride home. We will be there with bells on to cheer for our Tide and win or lose we will come home proud of the kids and the effort they have given weekin and weekout. I dont see location as being a detriment to my making the trip, we have been to several schools in Memphis in the not so great parts of Memphis and we have been treated very good by the host team and the fans that we have come into contact with for the most part. Yes, something could happen, but it can and has happened in our own neighborhoods and county schools, its the society we live now, which is a shame that we cant feel comfortable going to cheer our local kids playing a game.

I agree 100%. The playoffs are the playoffs regardless of what each team’s record is, Carver is a higher seed and should have home field or at least Trenton should not have home field. However, it would not surprise me if the allure of making more money didn't entice Carver school officials to agree to the trade. And if Carver agrees, the TSSAA will not turn down the extra gate money generated because of where the game is played. Trenton could even pay another school and play at a neutral site (probably not though?

LOL!!! I wasn't expecting to hear that...If you guys wouldn't go to Jackson and play in a football game I wouldn't say much about Trenton playing in Memphis!!!

Doesnt sound like it is going to happen now. Actually Carver initiated that move from what I understand. If it would have happened it would have been great for us and them. The TSSAA is gonna get a big majority of the gate money anyway, no matter where it is played, so if Carver could have made some money to cover their seasons expenses it would have been a good thing. My understanding is that they (Carver) were asking more than we wanted to pay. I dont know what kind of arrangement they have as far as using someone elses field, if they have to pay that school or not, but it could have been a moneymaker for them.. Trenton will carry a crowd to memphis and the kids will go down there and play there butts off, just like they would have here at home. I'm sure it will be a good game and Carver will come out ready to play. When you get into the 2nd round of the playoffs, you better not concede anything, it will be a long night and a long ride home. We will be there with bells on to cheer for our Tide and win or lose we will come home proud of the kids and the effort they have given weekin and weekout. I dont see location as being a detriment to my making the trip, we have been to several schools in Memphis in the not so great parts of Memphis and we have been treated very good by the host team and the fans that we have come into contact with for the most part. Yes, something could happen, but it can and has happened in our own neighborhoods and county schools, its the society we live now, which is a shame that we cant feel comfortable going to cheer our local kids playing a game.

Nice Post. Agree 100%

Milan has gone to Memphis to play playoff games several times. When is the last time Gibson County played in memphis in a playoff game?

Yea, of course you've got to say that as that is your only comeback...Milan is known for football and Gibson Co. is known for Girls Basketball....when was the last time your girls have been to state??? OK then were equal

My dad can beat up your dad. I don't think anyone knows what happened back in 03 with JCM. I would also say there is a HUGE difference in a regular season out of region out of class game and a second round playoff game. Playoff games and seeding is determined by performance on the field throughout the duration of a season(not as much this year) while regular season games are left up to the coches and school systems.

Then why didn't Milan just forfeit the game since it was regular season and out of region???? If Milan didn't want to play at JCM they could've easily have just said no and called it a deal!!!

You don't know the facts, I don't know the facts. It happened 4 years ago. Bottom line....The two programs came up with a deal...It happened 4 years ago....No bearing on the Peabody/Carver game.

Yea, of course you've got to say that as that is your only comeback...Milan is known for football and Gibson Co. is known for Girls Basketball....when was the last time your girls have been to state??? OK then were equal

No thats not my only comeback. Given the fact that Gibson County is terrible at fooball but you are none the less an expert on everyone elses team, and you jump bandwagons faster than the games can be played, my comebacks are virtualy endless. Now if you consider Fooball and Girls Basketball to be "equal" then yes we're even. And since football gets over pretty early there at Gibson County and basketball is all you have then thats fine. Personally, I prefer football but to each his own.

As for the football game. I think Carver will upset the Tide.