Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

I think GP will win, but Camden can win, because they are proven winners, are at home, and really feel they have something to prove.

Here are, IMO, Camden's keys to having a chance to win:

- Limit (you won't stop completely) GP's big running plays. CPA did a good job containing GP's running game, holding runs to less than 5 yards on most plays, but then gave up 5 long runs in long yardage situations. For example, on GP's first series, they had 3rd and long, CPA had the QB scrambling in the backfield and they missed a tackle and he went 70+ yards for a TD.

- Tackle well at line of scrimmage. Once the GP backs get to the linebackers they are too fast for most highschoolers to tackle.

- Win time of possession and limit GP's touches. Have some time consuming drives. CPA's Lowery was able to get 4-5 yards consistently. CPA didn't have a lot of big plays, but they moved the ball and used clock. GP only punted once but still almost lost the game.

- Kick away from the speed backs. If you kick to them, you will give up a long return eventually - book it.

- Look at film: CPA lined up fast DE's wide to force sweeps inside. It worked most of the time.

- Pick your poison. You have to stop the run and hope GP's passing game is off. It was on against CPA - otherwise, CPA would have won.

- Don't throw desparation passes that aren't open. The interception will be returned for big yards. It is better to throw controlled passes, then punt.

Do you know whether or not Camden has a defensive end with the size, wingspan and athleticism as Zaceus? If so, your defensive end allignment suggestion sounds like a great idea.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know whether or not Camden has a defensive end with the size, wingspan and athleticism as Zaceus? If so, your defensive end allignment suggestion sounds like a great idea.

I don't know anything about that player, but I do know that our D-Ends are good athletes. The D-ends we have are kinda tall, and are quick much like we've had the past three years. They are strong, probably not as strong as those of GP, but they are quick. THey get their hands up when its pass, and dig in and stay home on the run plays. I don't know if we'll be able to stretch the perimeter like Divepix suggested, but if we can sounds like a plan.

I don't know anything about that player, but I do know that our D-Ends are good athletes. The D-ends we have are kinda tall, and are quick much like we've had the past three years. They are strong, probably not as strong as those of GP, but they are quick. THey get their hands up when its pass, and dig in and stay home on the run plays. I don't know if we'll be able to stretch the perimeter like Divepix suggested, but if we can sounds like a plan.

Zaccheus Mason is 6'5" DE for CPA.

Zaceus is a fantastic basketball player for CPA that played DE on the football team. Arguably one of the best basketball prospects in the state. I'm not gonna be a moron and say he's Jevon Kearse (in his heyday). I was just pointing out he is extremely athletic, you know a kid who can probably touch the top of the square on the backboard. Sounds like Camden has good talent at that position too. Who knows, GP may try to trap, but then from what I hear they'll have to deal with the possible Mr. Football. I'm sure they'll go inside and outside and keep working both to see which of any of the two options is most productive.

Goodpasture has some of the best coaches in 2a. I highly doubt they will be that predictable. If anyone has Goodpasture's gameplan how bout sharing it with us folks at Camden, we won't use it to our advantage too much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />. Seriously though I think this is gonna be two well coached, well prepared teams battling it out for 48 minutes friday night. Looks to be a good game on paper, and I for one can't wait to see how this game plays out.

14 QB - Good all around quarterback... - has all the tools

22 -RB, DB and Returner also may see him split out as a WR. VERY fast, great hands, returned a KO about 90 yards 2 weeks ago for a TD

3 - RB very fast, good hands also returns Kicks

83- WR DB fast very good hands had 3int's last week

82- WR DB not the fastest, but excellent hands

85- TE, WR, & OLB good hands and big when he catches the ball your whole defense better be jumping on for the ride.

40- FB & MLB POWERFUL FB carries 4-5 players with him every time he touches the ball

46- FB & OLB DITTO of the one above these two can pick up four yards with the whole defense knowing what your going to do!

7- the other OLB he makes brutal hits on QB's and TB's

I could go on there are several more that come to mind...

Number 22 is probably one of the fastest besides the Brazzell kid a few years ago to ever wear black and gold. . 85- TE, WR, & OLB good hands and big when he catches the ball your whole defense better be jumping on for the ride

.Can you say sophomore.

Congrats to Chase "Moose" Horton on being the first ever Mr. Football finalist from Camden! Couldn't have happened to a finer young man. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Chase Is A Beast. I Hope He Wins It.

But Lions4Ever, I Too Grow A Lil Tired Of The Legend. But I Fall Sorta Into The Category Of Him As Well. I Know Lil About Camden Football, Except That They Whooped My Rebels. Now Our Run Defense Is Tough This Year And Your Man Made It Look easy On Us. I Have been Posting On Yall's thread All Season. And Had You Guys Not have Whooped Us Handily, And Your fans Being Classy I Probably Would Be Somewherelse Myself. I Really Hope You Guys Stomp Goodpasture. Now With that Said I Know Even Less of them Other than What I've Read In Here. Which Seems to Be Pretty Informative. So With that Said Go Lions. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Certainly not to be disrespectful, but I can tell you without a doubt you've never seen this much speed on an AA high-school team. Camden will have to be awfully sharp to steal this one. GP will utilize the wing T to it's fullest capabilities. They will use speed on top of speed to get to the corners. When you spread the defense to maintain, they'll utilize the two tremendously big and fast fullbacks to pound the middle. When Camden tries to counter with holding the linebackers tight, they will throw over the top with excessive speed with the receivers. The one weak spot right now is defense. They have lost a few top defenders and will only get one back this week. The line is somewhat undersized, but the linebackers and corners control the tempo. It should be fun for the first half, but it will be a long night for Camden chasing the speed. There are 4 running backs and 2 fullbacks in the mix at all times. Like all the teams GP has played this year, they get worn down by the 4th quarter. Good luck.