Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way is anybody hanging 40 on Camden's defense unless somebody comes up hurt. If Camden scores in the mid to upper 20's they win this game.

We thought the same thing last year when we played CPA, and look what happened 55-28 Loss. SO we can't say no one can put 40 up on us this is a very good GP team. I will say I like this matchup better, because CPA is a passing team and GP is a pound it out team. Although as pointed out earlier by RobJim GP does have the ability to pass effectivively as well, and therefore our beloved Camden Lions will have to play the best game they've played all year. I believe if we keep this a low scoring game Camden will have the chance to win. Our D will have to be the leader, but on the same token our best Defense is our Offense right now. The Lions have to keep GP's O off the feild, and wear down those big linemen that GP have. Also our LIons will have to come out hittin and knawing at the bit, and not come out flat like they did against Fairveiw. This looks to be a good game on paper, but I have no idea how this one is gonna turn out. Good Luck to both these good teams.

No way is anybody hanging 40 on Camden's defense unless somebody comes up hurt. If Camden scores in the mid to upper 20's they win this game.

Remember your post this time next Saturday. If Camden score in the 20's, they lose. You have not seen offensive execution and speed like GP has. You better outscore them in the 40's to win, get some turnovers and have some big special teams play.

I think Camden fans should be cautious with writing checks that our team...NOT THE FANS...have to cash on the field next week. Goodpasture deserves our respect because, until we beat them on the field, running our mouths is nothing more than blowing smoke.

With that being said....

I will guarantee that Coach Ward and staff will have the Lions as prepared as they possibly can be to take on the Cougars and will not lay down just because the folks on this website and others give us slim to no chance to win. That's the kind of doormat-attitude that no longer exists in Camden. The Lions have overcome as big or bigger odds and come out on top and this week, as much as any other week, it can happen again. Will Camden have to play the game of their careers? Yes... Can they? ABSOLUTELY... Will they? Stay tuned...

I for one will be standing loud and proud next friday...rooting on the Lions with hopefully a bunch more of the "Loud and Proud", proud of our young men and very proud to tell any who want to listen that these boys are a true team...that they are MY team.

Go LIONS!

Remember your post this time next Saturday. If Camden score in the 20's, they lose. You have not seen offensive execution and speed like GP has. You better outscore them in the 40's to win, get some turnovers and have some big special teams play.

I will have to agree with divepix. this goodpasture teams offense is an explosion of speed, ive been watching cougar football for 20 plus years and I have never seen anything like this. Even then it took that to defeat cpa last nite. what a great matchup it was. Camden better hope it has an outstanding defense. If not they are in for a long evening.

I think Camden fans should be cautious with writing checks that our team...NOT THE FANS...have to cash on the field next week. Goodpasture deserves our respect because, until we beat them on the field, running our mouths is nothing more than blowing smoke.

With that being said....

I will guarantee that Coach Ward and staff will have the Lions as prepared as they possibly can be to take on the Cougars and will not lay down just because the folks on this website and others give us slim to no chance to win. That's the kind of doormat-attitude that no longer exists in Camden. The Lions have overcome as big or bigger odds and come out on top and this week, as much as any other week, it can happen again. Will Camden have to play the game of their careers? Yes... Can they? ABSOLUTELY... Will they? Stay tuned...

I for one will be standing loud and proud next friday...rooting on the Lions with hopefully a bunch more of the "Loud and Proud", proud of our young men and very proud to tell any who want to listen that these boys are a true team...that they are MY team.

Go LIONS!

Good Post Lions4Ever. I have nothing but respect for Goodpasture. I have only played this school once in my career, and though I wish I could have played them again I consider this to be one of the classiest teams I can remember playing. As for talking trash this does not need to be done from any Camden loyal player or fan, because this team doesn't need anymore reasons to win. Goodpasture is a historically good and rich program, and Camden is still aspiring to achieve the things they have done.

I for one will leave school early if I have to to be at this game. I'm gonna try to be one of the loudest for this game for sure. I think the Letter boys of Camden will tone down the message, but will still be there with painted chests and yelling. As for the other fans we need all the support and fans in the community to rally behind our boys friday night. I am just as proud of these young men I'll gladly tell them that the Camden Lions are my team now, and will be forever. GO BLACK & GOLD!!!!

mbsdude's observations are right on. CPA has played Goodpasture for the last 10 years or so even when we were in different classifications. This is the most potent Goodpasture offense I have ever witnessed including the Patrick Turner years. Last year they used their physical size and rammed it down your throats. This year "explosive" is the descriptor that comes up time and time again on these boards and it is accurate. You can go the individual stats and conclude that no single person has staggering numbers. Add all the numbers up of the offensive players who can carry (or catch) the ball and you realize how difficult it is to defend against them. You can focus in on on one player, but there are several others who will burn you badly.

I predict Goodpasture 42 Camden 14

I will have to agree with divepix. this goodpasture teams offense is an explosion of speed, ive been watching cougar football for 20 plus years and I have never seen anything like this. Even then it took that to defeat cpa last nite. what a great matchup it was. Camden better hope it has an outstanding defense. If not they are in for a long evening.