AE @ Catholic

Digger20

I see what you mean about 300 yards. I never really looked at it that way but it makes sense to me. About the game...Catholic had the biggest OL I have seen in HS. They looked more like a small college team on the DL and OL. This will be the difference in the game I think. They will try to control the game with that big OL and say here we are see if you can stop us. I don't think they want to get in a gun fight with AE b/c they are one of the most athletic teams I saw this year. AE is going to have to play tough hardnosed football to have a chance against the Irish. IMHO

As for AC and Fulton. I was really impressed with AC's Defense. They were probably the best I seen this year. But playing at Fulton is no fun. Which of the four teams.. I thought Fulton was 3rd or 4th best we played this year. If AC shows up they have a good chance to beat Fulton. Both games should be real good ones to watch. I hope to catch the next round regardless who wins Friday night. Good luck to all 2- 3A teams. Have a injury free game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean about 300 yards. I never really looked at it that way but it makes sense to me. About the game...Catholic had the biggest OL I have seen in HS. They looked more like a small college team on the DL and OL. This will be the difference in the game I think. They will try to control the game with that big OL and say here we are see if you can stop us. I don't think they want to get in a gun fight with AE b/c they are one of the most athletic teams I saw this year. AE is going to have to play tough hardnosed football to have a chance against the Irish. IMHO

As for AC and Fulton. I was really impressed with AC's Defense. They were probably the best I seen this year. But playing at Fulton is no fun. Which of the four teams.. I thought Fulton was 3rd or 4th best we played this year. If AC shows up they have a good chance to beat Fulton. Both games should be real good ones to watch. I hope to catch the next round regardless who wins Friday night. Good luck to all 2- 3A teams. Have a injury free game.

How big is Knox Catholic across the OL and DL? Ruse? - I'm sure you have this data in a spreadsheet. ;^) How are they team speed wise?

SND

HappyHour22.

11-0 is great. No doubt, and I am not suggesting that Catholic does not have "any discipline." In fact, I am not suggesting anything. The fact is, that a team that plays without consistency does lack discipline. The fact is, that a team that has 300 or so yards in penalized play does lack dicsipline. And yes, the fact is... Catholic is 11-0....I know, I know.

ruse?

I was at the game it was not 300 yards in penalties. They lost yards as a result of some penalties, but many of those (which were HIGHLY questionable) was due to the fact that Catholic had to play so many kids out of position b/c of the injuries to key starters. At one point in the third qtr they had 3rd string guys in there playing. As for Pemberton not being the coach you thought he was, name a coach/team that can play a kid at running back (a position that kid never has played) and get 148 yards. Cozart had 23 carries for 170 yards, Harrison Smith never had that many carries in a game. Pemberton and his staff did a heck of a job. Some coaches and (in many cases) players in that situation panic when the score is close and Uncle Mo is with the other team. I was talking to a Gibbs fan he said this was the best he'd ever seen the Eagles play in 3 years. I understand what you mean about playing down to your competition, but when you're number one everyone gives their best effort. In the playoffs it's win, anyway you can and advance.

How big is Knox Catholic across the OL and DL? Ruse? - I'm sure you have this data in a spreadsheet. ;^) How are they team speed wise?

SND

sportsnutdad.

Can't remember exactly who plays where @ OT. One is Irwin. 6-5, 245 or so, and a Sr. Built just like his old man was in high school (former UT/10+ yr. NFL vet Tim Irwin). The other is Hood. 6-5, maybe 10 or so pounds heavier than Irwin, and a Jr.. One OG is a Coulter, 6-3, 240, Jr. Don't know the name of the kid that took Tait's place, but he looks to be about the same size as Coulter. Center is Johnson, I think. Maybe 6-2, 225-230. These and others all rotate @ DT. NG is Wood. 6-1, 240, Sr. Very good. I've seen quite a few bigger OL/DL; however, this is a very athletic group. No fat, quick, good motors, and from a DL technique stanpoint, very advanced. They are a fast group. All in the 4.9 to 5.3 range. The LBs/FBs/TEs/DEs all rotate 2 or 3 deep. They all look, run. play the same. All 6-0, 6-2, 200-225 pound range. 4.7-4.9 speed. The ILB's Trusler, and Tait will remind you of your boys Lehning and Binkley, maybe a bit bigger. DB's same deal. All 5-11 to 6-2. 185 to 205. Lindsey, the QB is IMO, is an outstanding safety. They run like Rogers, Moneypenny, Tenpenny. Fast and quick. Usually take good angles. WR is where they are different this year. Kennedy is big. 6-4, 210. Good blocker. Walden, 6-2 185, with legitimate 4.5 speed. Maybe quicker than fast. Very good athlete. Apparently, first year playing football. Has had quite a few long TD receptions.

ruse?

KC does a outstanding job of finding players from all over. Just ask Knox Central and other knox county PUBLIC schools. KC should play with the PRIVATE SCHOOLS!! Not Public. They have different RULEs, and unlimited $$$$$$$.

I wish TSSAA would wake up. I guess after they buy a state title. they will change It is just not fair!

RIPPER

sportsnutdad.

Can't remember exactly who plays where @ OT. One is Irwin. 6-5, 245 or so, and a Sr. Built just like his old man was in high school (former UT/10+ yr. NFL vet Tim Irwin). The other is Hood. 6-5, maybe 10 or so pounds heavier than Irwin, and a Jr.. One OG is a Coulter, 6-3, 240, Jr. Don't know the name of the kid that took Tait's place, but he looks to be about the same size as Coulter. Center is Johnson, I think. Maybe 6-2, 225-230. These and others all rotate @ DT. NG is Wood. 6-1, 240, Sr. Very good. I've seen quite a few bigger OL/DL; however, this is a very athletic group. No fat, quick, good motors, and from a DL technique stanpoint, very advanced. They are a fast group. All in the 4.9 to 5.3 range. The LBs/FBs/TEs/DEs all rotate 2 or 3 deep. They all look, run. play the same. All 6-0, 6-2, 200-225 pound range. 4.7-4.9 speed. The ILB's Trusler, and Tait will remind you of your boys Lehning and Binkley, maybe a bit bigger. DB's same deal. All 5-11 to 6-2. 185 to 205. Lindsey, the QB is IMO, is an outstanding safety. They run like Rogers, Moneypenny, Tenpenny. Fast and quick. Usually take good angles. WR is where they are different this year. Kennedy is big. 6-4, 210. Good blocker. Walden, 6-2 185, with legitimate 4.5 speed. Maybe quicker than fast. Very good athlete. Apparently, first year playing football. Has had quite a few long TD receptions.

ruse?

Ruse?,

Sounds like a good group athletically. It's good they've got the depth as I know they've lost another guy or two besides the Tait kid. I hate to hear this for anyone.

There will be some interesting match-ups in the coming weeks. Did you see the article on the DL linebackers in the Nashville City Paper? Lipscomb linebacker trio sparks defense to No. 2 state ranking

SND

KC does a outstanding job of finding players from all over. Just ask Knox Central and other knox county PUBLIC schools. KC should play with the PRIVATE SCHOOLS!! Not Public. They have different RULEs, and unlimited $$$$$$$.

I wish TSSAA would wake up. I guess after they buy a state title. they will change It is just not fair!

RIPPER

Here we go again. Most of the those kids mentioned came from their feeder school, (Sacred Heart, St. Joe's, St. John Neuman). They were in with the private now they play up based on the multiplier. Get over it and let it go. If Catholic was'nt winning this would never be an issue. However it's okay for Fulton, A-E, Central, Powell, West etc. to have kids not in their zone playing for those schools in all sports. Especially Central, they've been "finding players" for years but it's okay b/c they're public.

I was at the game it was not 300 yards in penalties. They lost yards as a result of some penalties, but many of those (which were HIGHLY questionable) was due to the fact that Catholic had to play so many kids out of position b/c of the injuries to key starters. At one point in the third qtr they had 3rd string guys in there playing. As for Pemberton not being the coach you thought he was, name a coach/team that can play a kid at running back (a position that kid never has played) and get 148 yards. Cozart had 23 carries for 170 yards, Harrison Smith never had that many carries in a game. Pemberton and his staff did a heck of a job. Some coaches and (in many cases) players in that situation panic when the score is close and Uncle Mo is with the other team. I was talking to a Gibbs fan he said this was the best he'd ever seen the Eagles play in 3 years. I understand what you mean about playing down to your competition, but when you're number one everyone gives their best effort. In the playoffs it's win, anyway you can and advance.

ScottA11.

I'll try again. 300 yards lost, is 300 yards lost. Think big picture. Ok, think small. Lets say you go to Dick's or Kessler's and by a jock that is marked 50% off because it's small. But, you buy it. Even though it's 50% off, you still parted with the money when you might not have needed the jock. Even though Catholic got called for a 5 yrd illegal motion or whatever, they still parted with the 97 yards.

I doubt kids were playing out of position. They were in all likelyhood 2nd, or to your point, 3rd team guys that may have had jitters or were getting adjusted to the speed of the game. Regarding Pemberton, I wrote that if he did in fact have kids playing out of position during the 11th game of the season, he would not be the coach I thought he was. He did not, thus he is the coach I thought he was. I've seen kids all over this area play ball for a long time, including the Faris kids. If he ran for a buck fitty, he knew where the holes were in the Wing-T, which means he has lined up in the WB position at some point in his life. No?

You are right in stating that when a team is ranked #1, they will get the other teams best effort. That said, the #1 ranked team should consistently defend that position. In the W/L column, Catholic has consistently defended it. That I'll give you. We'll see how long it lasts?

ruse?

Here we go again. Most of the those kids mentioned came from their feeder school, (Sacred Heart, St. Joe's, St. John Neuman). They were in with the private now they play up based on the multiplier. Get over it and let it go. If Catholic was'nt winning this would never be an issue. However it's okay for Fulton, A-E, Central, Powell, West etc. to have kids not in their zone playing for those schools in all sports. Especially Central, they've been "finding players" for years but it's okay b/c they're public.

You are right about the other schools. fulton is getting the kids Central used to get. I still thank private schools should play in the private classes you can recruit and by rules public schools cannot. Also with the multiplier for Catholic they should be playing 4-A but tssaa has a rules that said no private school can go up two classes in one classification period. I don't like this rule if a school has the numbers they should have to move up just like the public schools have to. Also this has nothing to do with Catholic winning this has been going on for a long time. Public schools and private schools do not play by the same rules.

Back to the game Catholic will win because their recruiter is better than fulton's recruiter.

Catholic 28

A/E 14

Coach you are right on the money with everything except the teams that are playing. Could be a possibility next week. I'm sure Catholic and Fulton are expected to win by just about everyone, but AE and AC are very much capable of winning !! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You are right about the other schools. fulton is getting the kids Central used to get. I still thank private schools should play in the private classes you can recruit and by rules public schools cannot. Also with the multiplier for Catholic they should be playing 4-A but tssaa has a rules that said no private school can go up two classes in one classification period. I don't like this rule if a school has the numbers they should have to move up just like the public schools have to. Also this has nothing to do with Catholic winning this has been going on for a long time. Public schools and private schools do not play by the same rules.Back to the game Catholic will win because their recruiter is better than fulton's recruiter. Catholic 28fulton 14

Thats funny oldcoachg. I'm not so sure that Fulton or Catholic are getting Central's players because of recruiting. Now Buck is a heck of a recruiter, and the Blacks can coach, but Halls is getting them too. Maybe Central is doing things differently these days?ruse?

Coach you are right on the money with everything except the teams that are playing. Could be a possibility next week. I'm sure Catholic and Fulton are expected to win by just about everyone, but AE and AC are very much capable of winning !! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I agree.

You are right about AE and AC I hope they do win. Sorry about the mess up on the teams I have taking care of it. I have seen so much about the next fulton and Catholic game I just mess up. Maybe that game won"t be until next year.