Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

Thats what's wrong with warren county sports. Everybody thinks that because they coached their kid in the JC league that they are the experts at the high school level. Coach Madewell is is very good coach. He has tried to put very good coaches around him but the "powers to be" have not liked him from day one so they make it as hard as they can for him to be successful by not rehiring coaches that have worked their tails off. The one coach that everybody was dieing to have here fell on his face and was beaten twice by this staff. But everybody still thinks he's the answer. Players and their parents need to quit complaining and either get on board or get out of the way. If you don't like it here, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The coaches that have stayed with the program love these kid and are doing a great job teaching them about football and more importantly, about life.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what's wrong with warren county sports. Everybody thinks that because they coached their kid in the JC league that they are the experts at the high school level. Coach Madewell is is very good coach. He has tried to put very good coaches around him but the "powers to be" have not liked him from day one so they make it as hard as they can for him to be successful by not rehiring coaches that have worked their tails off. The one coach that everybody was dieing to have here fell on his face and was beaten twice by this staff. But everybody still thinks he's the answer. Players and their parents need to quit complaining and either get on board or get out of the way. If you don't like it here, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. The coaches that have stayed with the program love these kid and are doing a great job teaching them about football and more importantly, about life.

Preach it, Brother!

isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. i believe i've read you dogging coaches on here. i'm not agreeing that i like the powers to be but i believe they have gave coach madewell a fair shot. are you saying they run off coach willmore? I really believe most of the coaches are great people. i support anything they do but i don't have to agree with it. I really believe the coaches read this and thats what they really need to be doing. the people on this forum express there opinion thats our right. if it steps on your toes your doing something wrong. and by the way name the expert on the staff?

What's wrong with WC sports is nobody is working together. Don't be putting down some of the coaches of the youth league, because they are usually the ones who try and help the most and are turning out some pretty good talent for you guys to work with. I believe a few of them have taken on some duties that have really freed up some time for the coaches. Why? Because they want to help and care about the program! As far as the "powers to be", all of us have the right to "VOTE". We vote for several positions that have a direct impact on our sports programs. Find out what your school board member or commissioner has to say about what they will do to improve teacher & coaches pay and our sports programs. I can tell you one thing, one school board member and the booster club president who catches alot of undeserved crap, worked his tail off all day at the car wash Saturday and tried to get the handful of players that were causing problems, horse playing etc. to stop when nobody else would. Also, coach Britton didn't fall on his face and your staff didn't beat him. It was the Pioneer staff, players and community that won against Franklin Co. I think coach Turner and Britton would be a great combo among others to coach the lineman, but that's my opinion.

Coach Wilmore leaving was a blow, but we must move forward. Everyone will miss his enthusiasm and passion for the team and the sport. I know all the past and present players will tell you that they respect him and loved playing for him. Would they say the same about you?

Your always going to have complainers. That's part of life and part of coaching. Sometimes a complaint maybe a sign of an improvement if we are open minded and don't let our ego get in the way or feel intimidated by a few people who are trying to help.

...i believe they have gave coach madewell a fair shot..and by the way name the expert on the staff?

A fair shot? You mean by firing his defensive co-ordinator after his first year on the job? Or firing his head freshman coach the next year? Or by getting into a power struggle with him on who should delegate roles on his staff the year after that?

And define expert. A coach that won a couple of NC's in college running virtually the same system the high school runs now? Another coach who played on a school-record setting offense in college? Or another one who is one of, if not the, best teacher in the county? Or one who is probably the most impressive young all-around coach in the area? Let's see, check, check, check, and check.

I applaud the youth coaches that have worked hard and supported coach Madewell. The others are the ones I was talking about. I saw what was going on the last couple of years that my son as there. Some parents worked hard in the booster club and supported the staff even tho they didn't agree all the time and then there was the parents that it didn't matter what the coaches tried to do, it was wrong. You all have seen them. I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore but the pioneer pride in me still wants them to do good. I will still buy the pioneer pride tickets this year and support this team. Everyone needs to support them regardless of who the coach is. I do think that coach Madewell has done a better job than the other head coaches.

I applaud the youth coaches that have worked hard and supported coach Madewell. The others are the ones I was talking about. I saw what was going on the last couple of years that my son as there. Some parents worked hard in the booster club and supported the staff even tho they didn't agree all the time and then there was the parents that it didn't matter what the coaches tried to do, it was wrong. You all have seen them. I don't have a dog in the hunt anymore but the pioneer pride in me still wants them to do good. I will still buy the pioneer pride tickets this year and support this team. Everyone needs to support them regardless of who the coach is. I do think that coach Madewell has done a better job than the other head coaches.

Don't have a dog in the hunt anymore? I'm pretty sure you have one @ WCMS and one @ WCHS and are an assistant on the WCHS staff. But, I must be mistaken.

A fair shot? You mean by firing his defensive co-ordinator after his first year on the job? Or firing his head freshman coach the next year? Or by getting into a power struggle with him on who should delegate roles on his staff the year after that?

And define expert. A coach that won a couple of NC's in college running virtually the same system the high school runs now? Another coach who played on a school-record setting offense in college? Or another one who is one of, if not the, best teacher in the county? Or one who is probably the most impressive young all-around coach in the area? Let's see, check, check, check, and check.

utchuckd, could you put names with everyone you are referring to? There have been many coaches come and go in all sports and I have a hard time keeping up without "posters" listing names unless of cource listing names might hurt someone. I definitely don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to be sure I speak intelligently on the subject.

utchuckd, could you put names with everyone you are referring to? There have been many coaches come and go in all sports and I have a hard time keeping up without "posters" listing names unless of cource listing names might hurt someone. I definitely don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to be sure I speak intelligently on the subject.

Hey bro,

I'd rather not put specific names on here cause that just gives people a chance to take free shots at them, as obviously the coaches themselves can't respond on here. I will say that my post was in reference to the remaining guys on the football staff.

I would send you a pm about it but I can't do that /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Edit: It was about the guys that were still on the staff when I originally posted it. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />