Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna be a longggggggggggggg season

Typical Warren County post. Just relax. This team only has 3 starters returning from last year's squad. We are going to take our lumps early. One positive from the game is none of the players quit or gave up. Dekalb Co. played well offensively. The QB is a really good player. It was a test for our whole new secondary and linebackers and our lack of experience showed. Dont give up on these kids. I was close to the field and heard alot of positive coaching and feedback to the players. That was nice to hear and see. Tip your hat to DC they played a heck of a game. Pioneers keep working hard and good things will happen.

When our own radio station announcers make comments that last nights loss maybe the worst in the Pioneer history then I think saying it is going to be a LONG YEAR is not a typical statement by a Pioneer fan. The talent on the football field just is not up to par with other 5A schools and a 2A school proved that.

The 1st person to blame coaching for this is the one who needs to be called typical. They are overmatched talent wise in position after position and you cant blame anyone on the staff for that.

Man its been a long time since i've been on here lol so lets see i didn see the game so i really cant say to much about it I'm doing the whole marine thing in in Iraq but if we cna't beat DC its going to be a reallly reallly long season. But I still cant wait till nov and get to ome homw and see us play

SEMPER FI Bro! How ya been? It has been awhile.

Ok I am new to this whole thing but, I would like to let my opinion be heard. I would like to comment on Rob Nunleys' article in the Southern Standard this morning. He was blaming the loss on one certain player not being able to play. I am sorry but that is not true. I mean football first and foremost is a team sport. When the boys take the field there are 11 players out there, not just the one. I mean do you really think we would have won with that one player getting us 4 yards a carry the whole game. DeKalb County just over powered us on the field. No wonder these boys around here don't want to get out there and give their all. We have too many people in this county on the Wilcher Band Wagon. Give some of the other boys some praise.

Ok I am new to this whole thing but, I would like to let my opinion be heard. I would like to comment on Rob Nunleys' article in the Southern Standard this morning. He was blaming the loss on one certain player not being able to play. I am sorry but that is not true. I mean football first and foremost is a team sport. When the boys take the field there are 11 players out there, not just the one. I mean do you really think we would have won with that one player getting us 4 yards a carry the whole game. DeKalb County just over powered us on the field. No wonder these boys around here don't want to get out there and give their all. We have too many people in this county on the Wilcher Band Wagon. Give some of the other boys some praise.

First off,"wichitaks1980" , I would like to welcome you to "Coacht", with that said, I think your comments are TOTALLY out of line. It is one thing to single out a sports reporter, but simply not acceptable, in my opinon to single out a player. I am going to guess that you have never played the game or you would not have made such a remark about a very good football player, who is NO DOUBT one of the leaders on this football team. I have every reason to believe that this team relies on a proven warrior like Wilcher and feeds off him. Respect is earned not given out generously. I look forward to reading more of your posts, hopefully you will give them more thought next time.

To my understanding Mr Nunley never said the game was lost because of the lack of Wilcher, it was just a major factor.....and i do believe Wilcher not playing had an impact. the DID miss his 4-5 yards per carry. if he'd been out there it would have freed Northcutt and Hutchings up for the outside game rather than having to bang it in between the tackles with the bigs.......as far as the season goes, this is just one game....lets hope these guys view this as an eye-opener rather than and end game....this team has talent and can still make some noise in the standings this season. its up to us as a community to stay behind these guys and not allow them to hang their heads over one game!

To my understanding Mr Nunley never said the game was lost because of the lack of Wilcher, it was just a major factor.....and i do believe Wilcher not playing had an impact. the DID miss his 4-5 yards per carry. if he'd been out there it would have freed Northcutt and Hutchings up for the outside game rather than having to bang it in between the tackles with the bigs.......as far as the season goes, this is just one game....lets hope these guys view this as an eye-opener rather than and end game....this team has talent and can still make some noise in the standings this season. its up to us as a community to stay behind these guys and not allow them to hang their heads over one game!

Excellent post, pioneerfan54 is right we don't need to let our guys hang their heads. The boys need more support right now. They are a young team and we as a community need to stand behind them. I heard some people at the game Friday night saying "I am ready to go home" in the second quarter, to the people that say things like that, no one drug you up there and forced you to watch the game. I get so mad when I hear people say things like that. Friday night is a new game lets stand behind our boys and show up at Shelbyville like we did at Dekalb Co.

Ok, I'm not some motto speaker or something, and you can forget the thing I said about this is going to be along season. I said that after a really hot day and i get off and I come on here looking at the score, and i was shocked lol. I never thought i'm my wildest dreams that we could lose to DC much less get the crap kicked out of us. But like someone said this is a young team friday was some of these players first time every playing on friday night. Like Bradley Steg first time as the starting QB he is one of my best friends in the whole world and I know that he will be able to lead this team no matter what anyone else thinks. But the only thing this team needs to do is work hard and believe thats all like i said I'm not no motto speaker I don want to be but as long as they don quit i think they will be fine I really do. I know what its like having ppl tell you can't do something, and you are going to fail. Lets see 15 months ago all i was was a over weight boy who got out of school, and didn't know what I was going to do with my life. Now 15 months later 130 pounds less I'm a 20 year old man but most of all I'm a United States Marine serving are country in Iraq. So i don even care if i get kicked off this site for saying this i really don but this team needs to tell all those ppl in the stands that only know how to cheer for them when they are winning to kiss there a** and go out there and do it for themselves. They don need to do it for no one else they just need to do it for themselves thats it. Those ppl in the stands havent been there the past year while the team was getting ready for the season, they werent there for all those hot days at pratice. They just pay there 5 bucks and go to the game and complain. Screw them, screw what the ppl say, screw everythin just go out there and just leave everything on the field, and if its not good enough screw that too make it good enough. Thats it all the hard work you kids put in every single day will be for nothin if you go out there and listen to the ppl in warren co saying this is going to be a long season, there too young, and i say someone will get on here and try to put the blame on the coching lol always happens. JUST GO OUT THERE AND WIN!!!!!!!!!