south doyle

notright

I don't agree with that at all. S-D did have some talent, but i've seen more talented S-D teams. Early 2000s teams with Harper and that group were more talented than what i've seen them put on the field since. The past couple of S-D teams had some good skill position players, but they sorely lacked talent in the line, and i'm not talking about just size, but talented size.

I'm just not sure that fan expectations on the south side of the river are realistic.

BULL.

I know for a fact that 3 of the 5 starting offensive linemen have been invited to and have visited college programs.

Those are the facts,make of it what you will.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULL.

I know for a fact that 3 of the 5 starting linemen have been invited to and have visited college programs.

Those are the facts,make of it what you will.

I hope they have the opportunity to further their educations.

What I witnessed was a defense that had no player bigger than 212 pounds in the front 7 completely control that S-D line, and that is the fact. Make of that what you will.

I hope they have the opportunity to further their educations.

What I witnessed was a defense that had no player bigger than 212 pounds in the front 7 completely control that S-D line, and that is the fact. Make of that what you will.

No,I merely responded to your comment about "talented size".Obviously someone thinks there was some talent there.You ask what I make of that.....well that probably adds fuel to an old fire.

I have been doing some research and have found a few interesting stats. Other than Maryville and Powell, SD scored more points on every opponent this season. They also lost 1 game to an opponent who did not make the playoffs (Clinton) and closed the gap on Halls. The team has improved steadily for four straight years in the toughest 4A region in the state, and averages over 360 yards a game this season. Sounds like a coaching change is needed here? IF so, I hope Jon Gruden or David Cutcliff are available for SD to hire /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

South Doyle hasnt beat anybody since Mr. Hutchins has been here that is any good. Except Central this year and they really werent any good.Who have they beat since he has been here? Lets see Gibbs wow! Lenior City wow! Carter wow! Clinton maybe once not sure wow! A very bad seymour came to our side and beat us WOW! Yes I think we should keep him and his brilliant staff. Mr. Duncan im sure is aware of this we will see if he really cares about the football program or is it just a check?

Notright, you are an idiot!! How many times in the history of South-Doyle or Doyle for that matter has the football team beaten HAlls, Maryville, Central, or Powell? Maybe once or twice in twenty five years. This years team went 4-6 and lost the starting QB. BE REALISTIC!!

Come on now, we all know being realistic is not at the top of most SD fan's priority list. Go ahead let them run coach Hutch out of town, sometimes a fan based needs to find out whether the grass actually is geener on the other side. There won`t exactly be a laundry list of coaches beating down the door for the SD job, meanwhile Coach Hutch would have no trouble finding another job IMO.

I say bring back Swafford. He was loved at S. D. by players, students, and fans.

I'm assuming that response was meant to be a joke! Coach Swafford was a terrible example for the young people of our community. The administration absolutely did the right thing by firing him. I agree with an earlier post regarding who would line up to apply for the job. As I hear it, when the job came open the last two times there were not many who applied. Unless there is some type of misconduct by the Coaches, they should not be fired strictly because of community pressure. That is ridiculous. These guys are teachers, not professional coaches.

I'm assuming that response was meant to be a joke! Coach Swafford was a terrible example for the young people of our community. The administration absolutely did the right thing by firing him. I agree with an earlier post regarding who would line up to apply for the job. As I hear it, when the job came open the last two times there were not many who applied. Unless there is some type of misconduct by the Coaches, they should not be fired strictly because of community pressure. That is ridiculous. These guys are teachers, not professional coaches.

Great Post and you are right. If they will give Hut time he will get your program where it should be. When the school was Doyle they had some great teams in the 70"s and 80"s.

I say bring back Swafford. He was loved at S. D. by players, students, and fans.

OF course. How could we all be so blind? Notright must have been Swafford's professional wrestling manager /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />!! It makes total sense. Notright holds the administration personally responsible for ruining his ticket to fame and fortune!!

Come on now, we all know being realistic is not at the top of most SD fan's priority list. Go ahead let them run coach Hutch out of town, sometimes a fan based needs to find out whether the grass actually is geener on the other side. There won`t exactly be a laundry list of coaches beating down the door for the SD job, meanwhile Coach Hutch would have no trouble finding another job IMO.

If you think our fanbase is unrealistic, you're prolly right, but it's only because we have a vision for our program and our school, and we wanna see it come to fruition. I'm not expecting us to be 10-0 every season, and beating the crap out of Maryville. But I'm expecting at least a playoff berth every other year or so. That's really not all that much to ask for. Our program is one with an invariable amount of potential.

And how the heck do you know that Hutchins has a long line of AD's waiting for him? Did you go around to all the schools and ask around. And how do you know that there won't be a line of coaches waiting for a chance to coach at the Doyle. Have you interviewed all of the possible candidates for our position?

I'm guessing no to both of my questions

If you think our fanbase is unrealistic, you're prolly right, but it's only because we have a vision for our program and our school, and we wanna see it come to fruition. I'm not expecting us to be 10-0 every season, and beating the crap out of Maryville. But I'm expecting at least a playoff berth every other year or so. That's really not all that much to ask for. Our program is one with an invariable amount of potential.

And how the heck do you know that Hutchins has a long line of AD's waiting for him? Did you go around to all the schools and ask around. And how do you know that there won't be a line of coaches waiting for a chance to coach at the Doyle. Have you interviewed all of the possible candidates for our position?

I'm guessing no to both of my questions

Maybe when Maryville moves up to 5A, the playoffs may be a little more realistic. Rather than argue your point regarding the number of coaches lining up for the SD job, I will ask you this: If you were a successful FB coach, with a proven track record, what would attract you to the SD job over other opportunities that are out there every year? I've heard, and I have no proof of course, that the job has been turned down numerous times by qualified candidates before the last two hires were finally made. No doubt there is tons of potential at South-Doyle. I feel like the potential is squandered by the negativity among a few in the community. I think we should focus on the accomplishments of this last season, continue to support the coaches and players, and build pride in the program from the bottom up.