south doyle

notright

S.D. is coming off of the most competitive season in recent years. Why would there be a coaching change? I am amazed that a few malcontents get things stirred up when a coaching staff can't work miracles, don't play the right players, kiss up to the booster club etc.. I am not familiar with the situation at S.D. except to say that they had a good year by their standards and with some stability and GOOD PLAYERS the teams will perform better in the years to come.

Coaches prepare the players but players have to make plays. In some cases the other teams players are better. Here is a good measuring stick. G.Q. at Maryville is considered by many the best High School Football Coach in Tennessee. How many games would he and his staff won in they Coached S.D.? Would they have a 55 game winning streak, would they have won 5 State Championships in a row. "NO" Certainly G.Q. is a very good coach. But he would be the first tell you that he is blessed with very good talent, great community support, and a few transfers. now and then.

If the parents will let the kids play, coaches coach, and support the program when the talent is there S.D. will win. Face it South, Young, South Young, Doyle, or South Doyle has never experienced a great deal of success on the grid iron. Can anyone tell me about any power house teams from any of these schools in the last 25 years, 30 years, 40 years, etc...

In my opinion a public school Coach should only be removed from his Coaching Position for the following reasons: Profanity/Verbal Abuse, Physical abuse, Inappropriate relations with a student, mis-use of funds.

actually the 86' Doyle team ( i think it was 86' won a championship)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with that at all. S-D did have some talent, but i've seen more talented S-D teams. Early 2000s teams with Harper and that group were more talented than what i've seen them put on the field since. The past couple of S-D teams had some good skill position players, but they sorely lacked talent in the line, and i'm not talking about just size, but talented size.

I'm just not sure that fan expectations on the south side of the river are realistic.

The line was not lacking on eithers side of the ball this year. With good linemean such as Chase Phillips, a D-1 Prospect, Daniel Courtney ,who's career is definately not over, John Gipson, and Hakeem Worthen. 2 of those guys will be back next year. It doesn't matter what school it is fans should expect to win.

Htv excellent post. Region 3-4A is a tough a region as there is anywhere top to bottom. When your starting QB Mitchell breaks a arm and is out for 5 or 6 games that doesn't help and you lose your #1 tailback Wilcox before the season even gets under way thats two big hits. Can't blame coaching for that. I can say this Halls beat you guys 70-13 two years ago and this year you came within a frogs hair of a big upset. Give it some time. The talent looks to be there to compete if everyone rallies around the program and doesn't cause any roadblocks.

I totally agree if you look our offense ran so much smoother with J Mitch at QB, and Mitchell set a record at SD his first game back. As for Derrick he is doin good at Fulton, and yea we could have used him in the secondary. If johnathan hadn' gone down early in the season i think you would have seen a 3rd or 4th place team

actually the 86' Doyle team ( i think it was 86' won a championship)

In 86 Doyle did not win the championship. Carter won that year in 3-A that was before the 5-A system.

Carter won theirs at 10-0 and Halls won the other Dist. at 10-0. Carter won at Doyle 38-19. The Doyle team of 84 I beleive won the Dist. and got beat in the play-off by Oak Ridge.