1A Football who's gonna win state

ryanturner

I thought he was Cujo's cousin.

But staying with the topic. I think MP has the ability. If they play well and keep injuries to a minimum.

No doubt MP has the athletic ability, they have terrific atheletes; but do they have the discipline, the direction, the focus, the stamina, and the desire?

They don't utlilize their talent. How can u have a all state Junior tight end that is 6-5 230lbs and athletic (at the single A level mind you, and not get him ball at least some every game) They need to use him across the middle with screens, dump passes, drag routes, curls, slants. I do like how coach Smith is splitting him out wide more, but gees use his abilities! and a 6-6 300lbs freshman with that kind of speed on the defensive line! The kid dominates the whole line up front against McEwen (less than 100yds rushing) They just scored on two short fields and the offensive turnovers.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt MP has the athletic ability, they have terrific atheletes; but do they have the discipline, the direction, the focus, the stamina, and the desire?

They don't utlilize their talent. How can u have a all state Junior tight end that is 6-5 230lbs and athletic (at the single A level mind you, and not get him ball at least some every game) They need to use him across the middle with screens, dump passes, drag routes, curls, slants. I do like how coach Smith is splitting him out wide more, but gees use his abilities! and a 6-6 300lbs freshman with that kind of speed on the defensive line! The kid dominates the whole line up front against McEwen (less than 100yds rushing) They just scored on two short fields and the offensive turnovers.

With Marco @ QB, I would think it would be hard for him to both see the middle of the field as well as throw to the middle with his height. Do you think that's the reason he's not fully utilized?

i am from Hampton and I have to agree with you 100%. i believe we play in the weakest region in the state in any division. we have to go through region 2 in the playoffs to play the big boys like S. Pitt, Gordonsville, Trousdale, and FCS and region 2 is also weak, just not as weak as our region 1. for the past 2 years we have rolled through the first 3 rounds winning every game by AT LEAST 3 TD's. then we hit the end of the road when we met Trousdale and FCS. Everything seems to be playing out the same way that it has the past 2 years with us rolling in the first 3 rounds. but I know that we will be in for a game in the 4th round and this might be the best team we have had in the past 3 years...

I must of missed a couple of weeks there, I didn't realize anyone had already blown through round three. Tell us, how IS the weather in round 4?

Exactly, now I am not the only 1 who has stated this.....

With Marco @ QB, I would think it would be hard for him to both see the middle of the field as well as throw to the middle with his height. Do you think that's the reason he's not fully utilized?

Yes, partly. MP should have let David Brown a Jr. be the Qb. He's hurt now. But he's 6-1 and had a good arm. He's also the best pass rusher. The same thing drove me crazy when I played. Half a dozen people in the wrong positions. No real imagination. Zion calls much better plays w/far less talent.

Mt. Pleasant!!!!!!!!!

Only if they learn how to utilize all their players

Exactly, now I am not the only 1 who has stated this.....

I could type 10 pages of stuff that I disagree with just from watching less than 2 hours of football, not just X's and O's, but also the way coaches dealt with players when they were struggling. Pull a player aside and give specific instruction and encouragement!

At this point in time, I think two teams will meet in Murfreesboro, one from the east and one from the west. The winner takes it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> At this point, wouldn't be shocked at who the 2 are. I hope one of them is SP. But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if from the east it was Gordonsville, Hampton, FCS or even Midway.

I honestly believe that this is JBS year to do it if they are going to do it. They have as good of an offense as you will see in 1A and their defense is very capable and at the least should be able to hold teams off enough so the offense will be able to out score them. They are not worried about being undefeated or anything like that this year b/c they have a loss, so I believe they are fully focussed on winning state.....