Grundy County

Guest orange

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me for this but.......

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm just thinking about the poster that is no more "orange" who guaranteed an announcement long before Christmas because he was in the know. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He actually may have done more harm than good to the person he was supporting for the job. I hope that coach pays him a vist and tells him thanks. Whoever he was he was full of bull.

I believe we have at least 8 of the interviews complete. They seem to be interviewing all 11 of the candidates.

We MIGHT have announcement in a little over a week. That would be of course if the first person picked accepts the offer right away. If the #1 doesn't accept it could take 2-3 weeks to announce something.

To my friend BigMoney....I haven't posted names of the outside people because there are some who didn't want their names published. And why cause them problems if they don't get the job....or cause them problems until they get the job?

The inside folks who applied were Greg Brewer, Tommy Andrews and Nick Bryant. All were getting interviewed according to my info. I was invited to sit in at the beginning of the process but was out of town. I probably would have passed anyway since my brother is a candidate and several friends are as well. I wouldn't think it would be appropriate for me to be there under those conditions.

DL.

Thanks for the update. I do understand what you are saying. I for one am just anxious to see where grundy goes from this point. I truly hope for the best for the kids and staff at GCHS and look to see some positive things for a community that has seen more than their share of heartache lately.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Del, Thanks for the link to that article. Congrats to Coach Swafford on the new coaching position. Grundy County has gotten yet another coach who loves the game. This is a great hire. Jim I wish you much luck. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope this isnt the same Coach Swafford that coached at South Doyle back around 2003. If it is then Grundy is getting a loose cannon. We (Sequatchie Co.) scrimmaged them back in 03 and he shouted every word in the book and had no consequence for his players using profanity on the field either. There were women and children standing near the sidelines watching the scrimmage also but he had no regard. His team played us dirty. I dont know if anyone else remembers this scrimmage to add on to what I've said, but if this is the same coach that Grundy is getting....well, good luck but not exactly what I would call a class act. I'm not trying to stir the pot these are just some observations. Maybe its not the same guy.

I hope this isnt the same Coach Swafford that coached at South Doyle back around 2003. If it is then Grundy is getting a loose cannon. We (Sequatchie Co.) scrimmaged them back in 03 and he shouted every word in the book and had no consequence for his players using profanity on the field either. There were women and children standing near the sidelines watching the scrimmage also but he had no regard. His team played us dirty. I dont know if anyone else remembers this scrimmage to add on to what I've said, but if this is the same coach that Grundy is getting....well, good luck but not exactly what I would call a class act. I'm not trying to stir the pot these are just some observations. Maybe its not the same guy.

That's the same Coach Swafford. I think the last few years he's been at Taft Youth Center as the DC, but certainly not positive on that.