Grundy County

Guest orange

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........ No way... you mean..... a Head Football coach that use's profanity? Jeez.... I've never heard of such thing...

You know that generally means your to close to the sidelines /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. I'm willing to bet its nothing you don't hear when your flipping channels through the TV.

The way this man acted at South Doyle he should have been at Brushy Mt. Prison. Can not speak without a vulgar word coming from his mouth. Got fired cause he hit a kid during practice.

I've known Coach Swafford for over 20 yrs. I find it very hard to believe he would lay a hand on a player. I think if I was you I would rethink the statement on the reason for his depature unless you have alot of proof. That might end up getting you sued for slander and defamation of character. I will not comment on any language he may or may not use on the football field as long as he doesn't say them to me on the field. Besides anything said on the field during the game isn't really said unless it deserves that little yellow flag.

I've known Coach Swafford for over 20 yrs. I find it very hard to believe he would lay a hand on a player. I think if I was you I would rethink the statement on the reason for his depature unless you have alot of proof. That might end up getting you sued for slander and defamation of character. I will not comment on any language he may or may not use on the football field as long as he doesn't say them to me on the field. Besides anything said on the field during the game isn't really said unless it deserves that little yellow flag.

Tell us how you really feel.....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what kind of coach Mr. Swafford is, but the kids sure are excited. I have heard from several that they are working out hard and that there are more of them working out than there ever has been. I know the Coach's younger brother quite well as we are the same age and were in college together and I know all he ever talked about was Friday Night Football. We used to laugh about the terrible rain our Senior year (90) and playing in the mud. If the coach has half the energy and enthusiasm as it sounds like he does, I think this will be a very good thing for us here on the mountain. I for one can't wait for the season to get started and am excited about the future of Grundy County football!

I don't know what kind of coach Mr. Swafford is, but the kids sure are excited. I have heard from several that they are working out hard and that there are more of them working out than there ever has been. I know the Coach's younger brother quite well as we are the same age and were in college together and I know all he ever talked about was Friday Night Football. We used to laugh about the terrible rain our Senior year (90) and playing in the mud. If the coach has half the energy and enthusiasm as it sounds like he does, I think this will be a very good thing for us here on the mountain. I for one can't wait for the season to get started and am excited about the future of Grundy County football!

It would be hard to find a coach with as much energy and enthusiasm as Coach Swafford. The fans and players for Grundy County are in for a definite treat having him on the mountain. By the end of the season you will all be Jim Swafford fans. Great job on the part of Jody Hargis getting him on the mountain. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I assume I know who you are and let's set the record straight. YOU laughed about the mud because you all came back and beat us by 1 in 90. Just kidding, it is great to see that you are still above ground and able to take nourishment. I assume that you are still around the mountain somewhere, I hope to be able to come up for a ball game or two and maybe get to a scrimmage this spring if my schedule will let me. I can't comment about the coach's ability (my opinion would be very biased), but I can tell you that he is very excited and will work his tail off for Grundy County. Good luck up there and give me a shout sometime.

Fall Scrimmage with Sequatchie is one you need to be at Eric55. Jim and I are getting together for some valley fun and old school Bledsoe County style football.

I would not miss that one for anything it should be a lot of fun to watch. Say Hi to your folks from me and tell your Dad I am still working on the "bunker" issue for him.

Coach Swafford will do a good job getting his team prepared at Grundy. His team will be ready and will play clean and hard. I knew him when he was an assistant at Spring Hill and Head Coach at Stewart Co. and he did a good job in both places. I can't speak for his language or mannerism in practice. I do know that his schemes were hard to stop on offense and his Defense was very agressive and hard hitting. I had heard some about the SD situation and was sadden for all parties involved. Maybe he made a mistake or over-reacted or it was blown out of proportion I don't know. Whatever the case I hope it's behind him and his true talents as a coach comes out at Grundy. Good Luck to you all!