Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting trio of games tonight.

Greeneville should take the victory. May be one of those games where free-throws in the final minute widens the margin.

Will be interesting to see how Jefferson County rebounds from Friday night. Heard and read here that they played better down the stretch.

Cocke and West is an interesting game. West will be on their fourth game in six days. If this was 5-on-5 and unlimited fouls, it would be another story. Feel that West is too deep for Cocke County and the current drop off from 6 to 7 to 8 for the Lady Red is just too drastic to compete in the conference at the moment. However, if Cocke County can shoot better, they can win any game they are in. Right now, they just arent shooting well - averaging around 2 three's a game and missing a lot of gimmies in the paint. To cap that off, they are struggling from the free-throw line. They left 11 points on the court with missed free-throws in a 14-point loss.

Greeneville beat Cherokee 60 - 35.

Dickson had 26 for Greeneville. By the time Dickson went out Cherokee had only scored four more points than her. Greeneville played their typical tough defense. Neither of the three for Cherokee could get into a rythm.

The sophmores for Greeneville are starting to get in a flow with the other players. Greeneville will have a chance this weekend to defend their championship in the tournament held in Bristol.

It seems like the IMAC will have another crazy season with the way the other games are going. I know that Jeff County beat Morristown East in three overtimes.

Jeff County-East score was 81-80 in 3OT.

Game also apparently featured a power outage.

So that has Greeneville at 2-0 and the field at 1-1 and Cherokee 0-2...Picks right up where everything left off last year.

Cocke County goes to East, Cherokee goes to Jefferson County, West/Greeneville will not play - due to Greeneville's girls in the Bristol Tourney. That "make-up" will come on Saturday Feb 9th. The rest of the conference is finished on Feb. 1, with a built in make-up date on the weekend of Feb 8th/9th.

No stats in front of me from the Jeff/East game

Haley Nelson was the difference in the game for Jeff. 20 or so over her 29 points came from the fourth on I think. She hit two free throws with a second or two left on the clock to force OT, then hit a 3pointer from several feet behind the arc to force the second one. East hit a three at the buzzer to force the third.

64 fouls in the game, 92 free throw attempts.

I dont remember about east, but Jeff County had five girls foul out, including Potts and Elliott in the fourth quarter. Finished the game with three fresh and a soph on the court

Cocke County won tonight but may have lost Courtney Lewis for an extended period. She has a knee injury - the x-ray was negative, but very a significant sprain at best.

The Lady Red survivied without Buda and Lewis for a good part of the 2nd half and Prewitt did not play for violating team rules. We built a big enough lead in the 3rd quarter (w/ both Lewis and Buda) to survive the 4th. Allie Spouse made several contributions. Suggs and Lloyd both played well down the stretch. Neither team shot free throws well.

The 2nd quarter was not pretty. The Lady Red won the 2nd quarter 5-1.

Goins is the real deal - gets off her shot quickly. Fouls hampered her tonight. Smith shoots the eyes out. West is much better than this summer. I believe that they could be tough by February. They went a whole quarter and a half without a basket and still had they made free throws at 65-70% they probably win.

If we shoot like we did in the 2nd Quarter tonight and East scores like they apparently did tonight, Friday could be ugly.

No stats in front of me from the Jeff/East game

Haley Nelson was the difference in the game for Jeff. 20 or so over her 29 points came from the fourth on I think. She hit two free throws with a second or two left on the clock to force OT, then hit a 3pointer from several feet behind the arc to force the second one. East hit a three at the buzzer to force the third.

64 fouls in the game, 92 free throw attempts.

I dont remember about east, but Jeff County had five girls foul out, including Potts and Elliott in the fourth quarter. Finished the game with three fresh and a soph on the court

game of attrition...East had 4 starters fouled out also...awesome show of effort and clutch plays

game of attrition...East had 4 starters fouled out also...awesome show of effort and clutch plays

I agree. A very exciting game even when the lights went out. All the girls on both teams played with a lot of heart and it's tough for either team to have to lose this type of game. The PG for Jeff stepped her game up in the 2nd half and finished strong when they needed it. Congratulations to both teams.

Jeff County, Morristown East. It's a shame either team had to lose this game. It was a game of attrition and heart and both teams showed all they had and left it all on the floor. Jeff County showed me why they're call a team last night. When you see the starters in foul trouble or fouled out on the bench cheering on their teammates on like I saw last night. Everyone stepped up. These girls hang out with one another both on and off the court and I see it paying off big for them down the road. When they made a mistake their teammates were there to picked them up pat them on the back and go back to at the task at hand. It wasn't a perfect game by any means as both teams tried their best to blow the game several times. Free throws and turnovers still seemed to be a problem especially after they would get the lead but this team WILL NOT QUIT. I would like to see that stats on those two catagories If anyone has them. Rebounding and defense seemed much better as I thought they held their own against a much bigger team. Still all in all it was a great and nerve racking game to watch. I think the lights going out just gave the fans a chance to catch their breath. Big congrats to THE LADY PATROITS!!!!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day, but the construction crew has went to work. WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!

barb is too busy riding this Greeneville football team to the end /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hopefully my Cherokee girls can turn their ridiculous amounts of game experience to W's this year.

Are you supporting them or criticizing them? Using the word "ridiculous" is pretty harsh don't you think? When will we all learn that support is much better than criticism...