Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winners

West, Greeneville, Cherokee - because all three of these teams play good sound defense.

ok just to be dis-agreeable LOL /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

East over Cherokee by 5 ...i'll say 54-49

Jefferson over West by 8 ... " " 50-42

Cocke over Greeneville barn burner 51-50

why not this is fun

Greeneville dominated Cocke county the entire game. Cocke county never really threatened at any point in the game. Greeneville jumped out to a 14 - 2 lead. Dickson scored 20 of greeneville's first 24. Cocke county needs to find more ways to get Buda a shot. Depew didn't look as smooth as last year. I think that Cocke county losing the post from last year will really hurt Depew's numbers this year. Just a quick opinion before I hit the bed.

Guess you got a surprise - West was up by 17 at one point.

Wow! Guess I overestimated Jeff Co. Are they still adjusting to new coach or is it the lack of a post game?

Saw Greeneville and Cocke Co. Both have some very good players (does Dickson ever miss?) but are beatable. Buda had a real burst of speed at times, but appeared very tired at the end when she put up some air balls. Thought Cocke stayed in the 2-3 way too long. They had some success with the press as ballhandling appears to be a weakness with Greeneville. There were plenty of phantom foul calls on both sides, but it seemed to rattle the younger Cocke girls more than Greeneville. Depew picked up a real one within seconds of getting an imaginary one.

Greeneville dominated Cocke county the entire game. Cocke county never really threatened at any point in the game. Greeneville jumped out to a 14 - 2 lead. Dickson scored 20 of greeneville's first 24. Cocke county needs to find more ways to get Buda a shot. Depew didn't look as smooth as last year. I think that Cocke county losing the post from last year will really hurt Depew's numbers this year. Just a quick opinion before I hit the bed.

Jeff needs a post bad. I think they could compete with about anyone if they had one but they don't. They also need someone who can guard Sidney Goins. Very impressed with her and all of the west guards and team defense. Jeff's point needs to be a little more under control. I thought she had a good game but was a little out of control at times in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I think she's a very good player just needs a little patience at times.

Jeff needs a post bad. I think they could compete with about anyone if they had one but they don't. They also need someone who can guard Sidney Goins. Very impressed with her and all of the west guards and team defense. Jeff's point needs to be a little more under control. I thought she had a good game but was a little out of control at times in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I think she's a very good player just needs a little patience at times.

Sidney Goins put on a clinic tonight with 32 points. Jeff's point does play out of control at times and tries to do to much. Of course she is still young, just a sophomore but did see a lot of playing time last year. Jeff put a blanket on Kelly Smith and Goins completely took over the game. They are really young but so athletic. If they keep improving they could definitely make some noise in the conference.

Don't really think Greeneville dominated Cocke County. It was an even game for the most part, but Cocke County never really threatened outside of a couple occasions.

Five-point edge at halftime. Cocke County historically has bad third quarters, and being outscored 15-7 in the period, really brought the game out to its widest margin at that point, 13-points.

Of course, Dickson had 23 at the half, compared to 23 points for the Lady Red.

Dickson was pretty darn impressive. 27 points, 17 boards, 10-15 from the field. Greeneville really struggled from the field in the first half. Medlin hit a three-point basket and Collins had a 2-point bucket and those were the only other field goals besides Dickson. Even more impressive for Dickson's first half performance, she was really the only offensive threat on the floor - as seen from the rest of the team's performance. You have to wonder if Collins doesnt pick up two first quarter fouls, how different this game really is.

The team really stepped it up in the second half. A lot of good ball movement set up outside shots. Shipley and McIntyre hit two big three's after Cocke County had cut it to 28-25 with 6:10 to play in the third.

Some other impressions.

Greeneville is deeper this year. Not sure how much experience and talent the rotation has, but there is more there. Crumbley played 8 girls the entire night.

Cocke County has to, as greenevillefan said, get more looks at the basket for Buda. The performance she had last year against Greeneville was taking the ball to the basket and getting to the rim. The Lady Red's offense just isnt getting that. I think a lot of it has to do with a lack of depth, but, a high-paced offense favors Cocke County.

That depth played a part, I feel in almost the fourth quarter. Cocke County played 8 girls the entire game, one of which was only for 2 minutes. With all that action, you could tell with the shooting that they just didnt have their legs under them at the end.

Cocke County must shoot free throws better. 12-of-23 at the line.

Well coached game by Greeneville. Crumbley showed some fire with her players a few times. Liked the intensity. Perhaps thats why this team plays such good defense.