Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

It amazes me how great Greeneville is but when they lose its all the things that they had go wrong instead of all the things West did right. The stars weren't aligned, overlooked their opponent, Nicole had a off night, McIntyre and Collins shots weren't falling, and the coach made bad calls. Give it a rest. They're a good team and should win the district and regional especially since they get home court advantage so everyone else can get used to the gym. What a bunch of BS. Give West all of the credit. They're small but they play as good of defense as anyone in the conference. They just have trouble scoring most nights. The only thing that matters is West won plan and simple. Go West you earned it and outplayed the almighty Devils.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick overview of Cocke County/East....

Depew had 23 points and 23 rebounds tonight. Cocke County had 56 rebounds to East's 18.

Cocke County started out with a 10-0 lead and East came back and led by as many as 29-21. Cocke County pulled to within 36-29 at the half.

The second half was all Cocke County. 24-4 in the second quarter and East only scored 14 second half points, after putting up 26 in the second quarter.

I sat with Courtney Lewis's father tonight. She will have surgery to repair her minicus (sp?) the first week in February followed by 8-10 weeks of recovery. The doctors were just to worried about taking another hit that would do more damage. They expect a complete recovery by volleyball season. She did warm up with the team tonight but will not play any more this season.

Back to back solid team wins for the Lady Red over West and East. Probably one of the more complete games that we have played in terms of not having a real bad quarter even though East scored lots of points in the 2nd quarter. 1-8 all made good contributions tonight. Another solid game for Prewitt - she can get her shot off in the lane. Hard game for Allie Sprouse, she just got moved out of the lane - but she is coming on. Nicole Ball made another couple of outside shots. Kelsey Lloyd had her best game of energy in a long time. Buda, Shannon and Alex good games. We also played smart at the end.

From mid-way in the 1st quarter to the end of the first half - best offensive basketball I have seen from two teams in the same game. Lots of running up and down the court tonight - and we play best that way.

Big crowd last Friday for G'ville, huge crowd - maybe 4/5's full tonight for East and Homecoming.

Congrats to West. My question is - did we wake the giant or did we wake up the notion (and confidence) among five other schools that even though Greenville is very, very good, they are not an automatic win everytime we all play them?

Looks like we are headed to another great finish and could be a great tournament.

And suddenly, the thread TAKES OFF! Nice to have you back Barb!

1/18

Jefferson County @ Cherokee

Morristown East @ Cocke County

Greeneville @ Morristown West

Greeneville over West (where will West's points come from?, because Nicole will guard Smith)

Cocke County over East (Cocke County at home = sure thing)

Toss-up in Rogersville - I like the Lady Pats!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry to disappoint you, but Cherokee won 56-47- three way tie for second with M. East and Cocke co. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sorry to disappoint you, but Cherokee won 56-47- three way tie for second with M. East and Cocke co. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My guess is Raiderray already new that. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sidney Goins is out with a torn ACL and will be having surgery soon. Tough break (again this season, as has happened the last 4) for the Lady Trojans. Also tough break for the Lady Trojan track team as Sidney was projected to finish in the top 2 in the state in high jump.

I read these thread and have held my tongue. Lady Devils get into to trouble because of the calls from the coach. Crumbly needs to want more wins than losses. Settle those issues before you take the court Crumbly.

I read these thread and have held my tongue. Lady Devils get into to trouble because of the calls from the coach. Crumbly needs to want more wins than losses. Settle those issues before you take the court Crumbly.

What kind of statement is this? "want more wins than losses"? For crying out loud if you are going to criticize the woman, you should at least find a point of reference. Yes it sounds like COACH Crumbly had a tough night....sometimes it happens. And she will do like she always does after a tough loss...put on her big girl panties and deal with it. But for you to question her desire to win makes you sound like your little Susie isn't getting enough playing time.I doubt thats the case but it hardly makes you look like an "obvious fan". As for your statement about getting into trouble because of calls from the coach...I have to agree, Galyon called a brilliant game and his girls executed it to perfection. I believe ,however, turnovers were the Devils downfall.

It amazes me how great Greeneville is but when they lose its all the things that they had go wrong instead of all the things West did right. The stars weren't aligned, overlooked their opponent, Nicole had a off night, McIntyre and Collins shots weren't falling, and the coach made bad calls. Give it a rest. They're a good team and should win the district and regional especially since they get home court advantage so everyone else can get used to the gym. What a bunch of BS. Give West all of the credit. They're small but they play as good of defense as anyone in the conference. They just have trouble scoring most nights. The only thing that matters is West won plan and simple. Go West you earned it and outplayed the almighty Devils.

If you will notice, I did give credit to MW for a perfectly executed game plan. Greeneville, however, did contribute to their own loss as well. Also, I believe ALL the AD's voted for and approved the location for the tournaments.

What kind of statement is this? "want more wins than losses"? For crying out loud if you are going to criticize the woman, you should at least find a point of reference. Yes it sounds like COACH Crumbly had a tough night....sometimes it happens. And she will do like she always does after a tough loss...put on her big girl panties and deal with it. But for you to question her desire to win makes you sound like your little Susie isn't getting enough playing time.I doubt thats the case but it hardly makes you look like an "obvious fan". As for your statement about getting into trouble because of calls from the coach...I have to agree, Galyon called a brilliant game and his girls executed it to perfection. I believe ,however, turnovers were the Devils downfall.

Barb, I agree. Coach Crumbley wants to win more than anybody (maybe even Duncan, ha) and she and the girls will put on the correct undergarments (you crack me up) and deal with it.

If you will notice, I did give credit to MW for a perfectly executed game plan. Greeneville, however, did contribute to their own loss as well. Also, I believe ALL the AD's voted for and approved the location for the tournaments.

Everyone contributes to their own loss if that's the case. Not a West fan here, but they won plan and simple. As for the AD's, green probably goes a long way. I will say this in Greeneville's defense however. First and foremost they're a great bunch of young ladies and a great team but even great teams will lose from time to time. It just seems there is always someone or something else to blame instead of just taking a bump in the road and move on. Which I'm sure they will. The rest of this league isn't chopped liver however and on a given night they'll all give Greeneville a run for their money especially now that they know they can be had. The wins won't and haven't been as easy to come by this as in past years for the Lady Devils.