Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

This has been an interesting read!! One loss and you guys have fallen apart!! The West game proves Statman3's point--take Nicole out of the game and the rest of the teams have a chance. I would about bet that any team who holds Nicole to 9 or less will win!! I believe that I have already addressed the rest of the IMAC's chances of winning at Greenville. EVERYBODY knows that Greenville has the most biased calling in the conference. It even beats Cocke county who you guys complain about!!! A classic example of that was when Webb came down last year to play you guys. Glory Johnson had "...4 quick fouls in the first quarter...and picked up her fifth immediately in the 3rd.." Right guys!! The tournament thread about the reffing had posts from other teams who said they weren't coming back-that they had NEVER seen such bad officiating. Also, one team pointed out that even with the "home cooking" Greenville finished 5th in their own tournamemnt. The top spots belonged to Middle Tennessee. And Barb(ie), you made the comment about other people being nasty on their posts but you are pretty nasty too. Clean the beam out of your own eye before you pick on the moat in others!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Statman never has had a valid point IMO. Holding Nicole to 9 wasn't the reason MW won because Kelley, Shipley and McIntyre more than made up for what Nicole usually does and they usually don't do offensively. However, not having Collins' usual contribution did hurt quite a bit.

Regardless, Greeneville simply didn't adjust to a very clever 4-corner spread offense on MW's part. Greeneville also didn't adjust out of their normal offense to try staging a comeback soon enough. MW just had the better game plan and were able to execute it. Greeneville didn't adjust. I think we have all established that.

Also, Webb and Greeneville have played close both at home and in Knoxville the last two outings. The difference is that in Greeneville, even as questionable as the IMAC refs we have here are, they don't allow lowering the shoulder and plowing through someone. That's called a charge and they called it. They also don't allow hooking people in the back with the elbow like they do in Knoxville. I'm afraid if Miss Johnson doesn't change her illegal ("misunderstood" was the quote in the paper from the Webb coach last year) style of play, she will spend just as much time on the bench in foul trouble at UT.

I have never read anything malicious from Barb. She never personally attacks anyone. She does have some good-humored jabs sometimes but it's all in fun -- never nasty. I don't know who she is but I can tell she is a true fan and and even truer lady.

One thing I'm in total agreement with you on -- regarding the Ladies Classic, the refs were equally inadequate in every game including all of ours.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like an answer to my two questions about breaking the spirit and Greeneville getting behind. I stated many facts and gave you an opportunity to dispute what you have said.

So you know, I have opinions, and I will state them as I feel. If you have personal questions for me, I suggest you send an email, and I might decide you are worthy of an answer (but I doubt it) . You don't have to like my opinions just like I don't have to like yours, but if I feel as if I am being attack, I WILL BITE BACK!!!! Just like you do not like people commenting the coaching staff, I am sure there are hundreds of mothers and father on here feeling the same way about their love ones. Ladies Devil have some very talented players no doubt in that, and when we criticize them, it seems to be okay with people. Well, I am more willing to protect young impressionable women than grown ones. YOU give the coaching staff a tissue, and we will all move on!

"I would like to say that Morristown West shot 20 free throws to Greeneville's 6."

With 3 min. to go Gville only had 2 team fouls. Down 10, you got to foul and send them to the line. As bad as I have to admit, the refs did a "B" rated game.(Never seen an "A", only 1 "B+"). West had no TO's in the 3rd and 1 in the 4th. You don't have to out rebound or out shoot a team if you take care of the ball.

The refs must of realized how bad they were doing this is the stats from the boys game.

Copied from the tri cities paper.

Free throws were the biggest differential on the evening. The Greene Devils were 20-of-27 and the Trojans just 2-for-3. Ouch!!!!!!

Refs are terrible everywhere as I feel most are there for the money. No other reason. However the Green Bank Classic what they did to the first team Greeneville beat was the worst I had ever saw. That mad scramble at the end of the game and the clock ran down to 2 seconds(and Greeneville knocked the ball out of bounds IMHO) and they put 5 seconds on the clock which was BS as there was no way they were watching the clock with all of the action that was going on. Then they didn't even bother to tell the opposing coach as he came out of the timeout asking what was going on and they never bothered to tell him.

So you know, I have opinions, and I will state them as I feel. If you have personal questions for me, I suggest you send an email, and I might decide you are worthy of an answer (but I doubt it) . You don't have to like my opinions just like I don't have to like yours, but if I feel as if I am being attack, I WILL BITE BACK!!!! Just like you do not like people commenting the coaching staff, I am sure there are hundreds of mothers and father on here feeling the same way about their love ones. Ladies Devil have some very talented players no doubt in that, and when we criticize them, it seems to be okay with people. Well, I am more willing to protect young impressionable women than grown ones. YOU give the coaching staff a tissue, and we will all move on!

Obviously you are posting on threads that you don't even read...where is the "we" that criticizes the girls? You, my dear, are the only person on this thread launching hurtful criticism. In competitive sports, the need for discipline is imperative. If developing that discipline hurts little Suzy's feelings, maybe she should take up scrapbooking. I have seen nothing in these young women that is indicative of broken spirits and frankly, I find the notion a bit melodramatic. There is no room for that kind of drama in the gym.

And if you find a way to bite back online, let me know...there is this MORON on the Big 9 board i would like to take a chunk out of. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Obviously you are posting on threads that you don't even read...where is the "we" that criticizes the girls? You, my dear, are the only person on this thread launching hurtful criticism. In competitive sports, the need for discipline is imperative. If developing that discipline hurts little Suzy's feelings, maybe she should take up scrapbooking. I have seen nothing in these young women that is indicative of broken spirits and frankly, I find the notion a bit melodramatic. There is no room for that kind of drama in the gym.

And if you find a way to bite back online, let me know...there is this MORON on the Big 9 board i would like to take a chunk out of. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I am sure you are scratching and biting daily! If you truly believed it is melodramatic, you would not respond and move on. By the way, you must not read because I stated I would never let MY child be ruined! /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I am sure you are scratching and biting daily! If you truly believed it is melodramatic, you would not respond and move on. By the way, you must not read because I stated I would never let MY child be ruined! /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Sooooo if little Suzy hasn't played for Coach C, what is your point of reference?....idle gossip?

So guys...whats on tap this week and hows it gonna shake out...you guys have to throw me a bone since I'm laid up and can't go...we aim to please

On tap this week, barb.

Cherokee @ Cocke County

Jefferson County @ Greeneville

Morristown West @ Morristown East

Cherokee/Cocke County winner is in 2nd place. East must win against West to remain in a tie for second place with that winner.

One would have to think the Cherokee/Cocke County winner is in the drivers seat with one game remaining with East playing Greeneville in their last conference game of the year.

But, either one winning isnt a sure thing to finish second, with both having road games (Cocke County @ Jeff and Cherokee @ West) in the final Friday night of the season.

A West win over East would put them percentage points ahead of Jefferson County (Presuming Greeneville beats them on Friday), with two games left for the Lady Trojans and one for Jefferson County.

Lots of jockeying for positions 2, 3, and 6. No one wants 4 and 5 right now.

Lots of jockeying for positions 2, 3, and 6. No one wants 4 and 5 right now.

Oh, I don't know PTS. It seems the talk for the last 4 pages of this thread is all about the "falling apart" of Greeneville, that spot may not be so bad.

That was joke, actually....

This season has come down to match-ups. In the last two weeks, Jeff hands it to East, East beats Cherokee, and Cherokee beats Jeff. I think the first round "match-ups" are going to be more important than the seedings.

Although most of the attention is going to be focused on Cocke County/Cherokee Friday, the other two could prove very interesting. West is on the verge of playing its way out of last, and everyone else is in a position to finish anywhere, although it is unlikely that Jeff can finish 2nd.

And I am going to jump into the "greeneville" fray, or as I like to call them GreenEVILle. There are a lot of things I admire about Caoch C, and there are some things she does I don't like, as a fan, and as a player's parent. Her teams play tough all over the court, and play hard nosed defense. And she wins. Is that talent? Some. Is it coaching? Some of that too. One of the best things that happened when she came in was the assistant coach stability. I think both of Greeneville's assistants have head coaching potential. And yes, she wins.

And I think she does a great job of preparing her team for thier games. I got to watch her take her team through a walk through on the morning of the last day of the Classic. She was walking them through all of South Greene's plays, even down to the two or three in bounds plays they would run. And then I watched the game later that day, and saw Greeneville time after time get to a defensive spot before South Greene could get the offense run where they wanted to. Greeneville knew what was coming. South Greens success that day came when they just played up tempo, and beat Greeneville down court.

There are things that Coach C does that I don't like, especially the way she is very obvious in her disgust with a player's play. She wears her emotions right out on her sleeve, and I don't think that is a particularily good thing to do as a coach. I have seen her grab girls physically and verbally berate in a way that I would not want her to do to my daughter. And I think that emotion works against her in making during-game situations. However, I am hoping this is due in part to her lack of experience, and that she will grow with coaching. Possibly parenthood will temper some of that.

And before you ask, no, I have no "professional" coaching experience. I consider myself an experienced fan, who has seen a lot of coaches, and quite a few styles. There are only a few I have admired, so I have pretty high standards.

You can pick apart every coach, and every player, especially as you get earlier in the development stage. I think is unfair to blame or condem without also pointing out success and positives. Even the best teams have bad nights, and unless you have incredibly superior talent, even your weaknesses are going to be unveiled, and used against you. There are no undefeated teams in the NBA, and there are now only two undefeated teams in college basketball (well, three if you count UCONN women, but they ARE the other evil empire.....), so it is tough to NOT lose. How Greeneville responds to this will be important to watch. I know several of the Lady Greene Devils, and I think they will respond with a fury. I would not want to be Elizabethon Monday, nor am I incredabily happy that our Lady Patriots have to go to Greeneville Friday. That will be a tough game, but I am sure the Lady Patriots will go up there fighting!

And think of this way. Has any other single loss in the conference in the past 2 years attracted this much analysis?

One last comment. Jeff County played Dobyns Bennet last Saturday, and I actually saw an officating crew work that were worse than any IMAC trio I have seen this year. I am hoping it was not the best the Big 9 have to use. And Buc, if they were, then I pity you guys!

Good luck to the IMAC in the games early this week. South Greene will give West a different look than Greeneville did. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ray, you make some good observations.

The majority of our comments here are based off in-game decisions, etc of what is seen during a game. That's really not fair, since not many others are seeing what goes on the other 3-4 days of the week at practice. Your observation from the Ladies Classic confirms that, I believe. It also shows - as you said - the assistant coaches at Greeneville are probably head coach material.

I admit I've questioned some of the game decisions by Coach Crumbley - and did some more questioning just to fire barb up a bit /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. But, most of those questionable decisions came in year one.

Despite that, overall she's probably a pretty darn good coach. 81-18 (or whatever the record is) is something most established, long-time head coaches would love to have; let alone a first-time head coach. Take away two losses at the state tournament level, and three losses against tough competition to begin this season and its even better.

To me, she teaches discipline, which is evident by their defense, and then the players respond to her. Twice she has called timeout this season to chew her players out for a lack of rebounding. They came back and won the rebounding battle the rest of the game from that point. I know ray mentioned something about that tactic, but perhaps she knows who she can push like that, and who she cant? Of course, she appears to have a good relationship with the players off the court.

Also, another point I think some people overlook. To me, a coach can be judged by how the team performs in the final 2-3 minutes of close ball games. Buzz Peterson's teams folded like none other in this time. Crumbley seems to have a good track record here, pulling out the majority of the few close games her teams are involved in, including two last post season (Cocke County, Daniel Boone, Science Hill).

I know a lot of folks are making a lot out of this loss for whatever reason, but if West had Goins - would it be as shocking? I thought West probably matched up well, or better than Greeneville guard wise, especially in terms of point production. West obviously lacked in the post match-up, but seemed to overcome that one somehow. Its tough to discount the Galyon factor, as he is likely the only coach with a winning record (4-3) over Crumbley in playing more than one or two games.

Ray, you make some good observations.I know a lot of folks are making a lot out of this loss for whatever reason, but if West had Goins - would it be as shocking? I thought West probably matched up well, or better than Greeneville guard wise, especially in terms of point production. West obviously lacked in the post match-up, but seemed to overcome that one somehow. Its tough to discount the Galyon factor, as he is likely the only coach with a winning record (4-3) over Crumbley in playing more than one or two games.

He took Smith out of the guard position and put her on Dickson. When they rolled into another West girl's area, Dickson would pick up the double team. Smith scored 9 on Dickson while holding her to 7.