My All-Conference Team

POTY - Nicole Dickson

Greeneville - Rachel Collins, Devan McIntyre

Cocke County - Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Morristown East - Leah Leeper

Cherokee - Ashlee Price

Jefferson County - Haley Nelson

Morristown West - Kelly Smith

Thats only eight members of the team (POTY has always been a seperate award than all-conference). You could add a member to each Greeneville and Cocke County - or you could add one each to East and Cherokee. I'm not really sure. But I think you have to keep the list to 10 as the conference isn't strong enough to warrant more than that.

Coaches of the year, all three are valid picks - although West's record makes Galyon a bit of an out-of-the box pick, but given the circumstances, understandable.

Crumbley took a team that had three experienced starters, and really three scorers when the season began and got them to another crown and a third consecutive solid season against competition this side of the mid-state (Two losses, @ Webb and @ M-West).

O'Neil finished second place with a team that had four returning starters which added Lloyd and Pruitt and not much else when the season began. He developed depth and added scoring after Christmas all while overcoming an injury and a 1-3 start in the conference.

Galyon took what was already a young team that was thin inside, to a very competitive effort in non-conference games, shocked Greeneville, played most every else close, all while losing their best player just after the halfway point of the IMAC schedule.

Stat of the Season: Not really a stat, but a trend that I find interesting. Take points per game for the entire season, rank them from high to low. That gives you Morristown West, Jefferson County, Cherokee, East, Cocke County, Greeneville.

Reverse that list and you should have a familiar list (the probable final standings).

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My All-Conference Team

Galyon took what was already a young team that was thin inside, to a very competitive effort in non-conference games, shocked Greeneville, played most every else close, all while losing their best player just after the halfway point of the IMAC schedule.

Stat of the Season: Not really a stat, but a trend that I find interesting. Take points per game for the entire season, rank them from high to low. That gives you Morristown West, Jefferson County, Cherokee, East, Cocke County, Greeneville.

Reverse that list and you should have a familiar list (the probable final standings).

Most people don't realize that there wasn't a single girl on Galyon's team who started last year. He took not only a young team but an extremely GREEN team and barely lost every game he played. I think that counts for more than having experienced starters returning. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!! Ha Ha

Most people don't realize that there wasn't a single girl on Galyon's team who started last year. He took not only a young team but an extremely GREEN team and barely lost every game he played. I think that counts for more than having experienced starters returning. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!! Ha Ha

So finishing around the bottom with a team with only one senior merits superlatives at year end!

Then, I think Cherokee may have been cheated some recognition for several years.

I would promote holding off on all year end superlatives until after tournament play. The whole conference, minus Greenville, has been so close this year, I think the true superlatives are yet to be unfolded.

Should be a great tournament!

I totally disagree with your picks for Cocke County's all conference team. I think if you check out the stats, the Suggs girl was higher in rebounds, points, possibly stills, and assists than Budda. The only thing Budda beat her in was turn overs. I am a mother of a junior varsity boy and I saw just about all of their games and the Suggs girl seemed to be the glue that held this team together. She hustled constantly and never gave up along with her teammate Depew.

My All-Conference Team

POTY - Nicole Dickson

Greeneville - Rachel Collins, Devan McIntyre

Cocke County - Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Morristown East - Leah Leeper

Cherokee - Ashlee Price

Jefferson County - Haley Nelson

Morristown West - Kelly Smith

Thats only eight members of the team (POTY has always been a seperate award than all-conference). You could add a member to each Greeneville and Cocke County - or you could add one each to East and Cherokee. I'm not really sure. But I think you have to keep the list to 10 as the conference isn't strong enough to warrant more than that.

Coaches of the year, all three are valid picks - although West's record makes Galyon a bit of an out-of-the box pick, but given the circumstances, understandable.

Crumbley took a team that had three experienced starters, and really three scorers when the season began and got them to another crown and a third consecutive solid season against competition this side of the mid-state (Two losses, @ Webb and @ M-West).

O'Neil finished second place with a team that had four returning starters which added Lloyd and Pruitt and not much else when the season began. He developed depth and added scoring after Christmas all while overcoming an injury and a 1-3 start in the conference.

morgan buda brings so much to the table she will be hard to pass over!

her ball handling ability and defense are hard to overlook.....

alex is also a fine player!

the thing i hate about post such as the last one is the way it can split teammates

im sure morgan and shannon and alex and all the cocke co girls are of like mind and are only focusing on district play! (not post season superlatives)

obviously they do pay attention because you are still responding. Go Hoops

Nobody pays attention to what hoop$ says....it's like reading the Inquirer.....As you get older, you will understand that naysayers have to post because nobody would listen to them in person... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I know what you mean. She did a great thing by getting King College to look at you, and what about the other girls? I agree she gets and does the best for her players.

First off i jus want ot start this off by saying i have played basketball at greeneville for 4 years and have had the privelege to play under coach burkey and coach crumbley. All 4 of those years i have hated to look at this website because of the crap that is posted on here..... this website has not been set up to bash players and coaches but to talk about athletics in TN. Im not on here to get hateful or to make a big deal over anything... yes everyone has his or her own opinion but wat is the point of getting on her and bashing a high school player or even a coach. If it bothers you that much about the person please do the grown up thing and talk to him or her in person! About Coach Crumbley, I am 1 of the 4 girls that have graduated under her and love the woman to death. Im pretty sure if you ask any of the 4 of us there not gunna say mean things bout her. i am astonished to hear what you and it seems like everyone else on here have said bout her. I mean really sit down and think bout wat you have said.... what coach doesnt get mad and yell and say things? And yes maybe she has watched some of Coach Duncan's practice but a coach is jus like a player... they continue to learn new things to get better! Coach Duncan has a lot of knowledge of the game and i bet most people would love to get a few pointers from him. i know there has been alot of coaches that have. To get on here and degrate her like that is just really childish! So pretty much i didnt get on here to be hateful or anything but the truth of the matter is that there are somethings that just dont need to be said... seriously if you have a problem with the lady greeneville basketball program or how coach crumbley does it maybe you should go talk to her bout it rather than all of Tn on here!!!

Courtney Lewis had successfuls surgery yesterday to repair a torn minicus. Crutches for a week. Rehab 4-6 weeks. Total recovery expected!

Her surgery was done through KOC. Watching Courtney as a close friend of the family, I have learned a few things that rural schools are missing. She and her family were told the Knoxville schools have trainers associated with orthopedic clinics and assigned to schools and not employed by schools (i.e., not someone who had to go back and get a teaching certificate) whereas we can't keep trainers b/c they have to be employed in the school system requiring them to return to school to recieve a teaching degree/certificate. I admit I do not know who actually pays their salary - ortho clinics or school systems. As teachers/trainers they are in the classroom all day, then on the field/court for all sports all year long. In Knoxville, when injuries take place, the students are immediately sent to orth clinics and not private family doctors or ER rooms. We have had good trainers but can't keep them because they are not teachers and don't want to go back to school. What do others schools do?

Greeneville wins. Sounded like they held on from reports I heard. Heard that they won 39-35 and/or 39-32. Not sure which is correct (Scoreboard here is down, too).

Either way...

1) Greeneville

2) Cocke County

3) Morristown East

4) Cherokee

5) Jefferson County

6) Morristown West

Wednesday, Feb. 13

6 PM - #4 Cherokee vs #5 Jefferson County

7:30 PM - #3 Morristown East vs. #6 Morristown West

Friday, Feb. 15th

6 PM - #1 Greeneville vs. Cherokee/Jefferson County winner

7:30 PM - #2 Cocke County vs. Morristown East/Morristown West winner

Monday, Feb. 18th

6 PM - Consolation

7:30 PM - Championship

In Knox co Schools there are trainers who are actually placed there by st marys & k.o.c.

i believe there salary is actually paid by st.marys...........if someone knows better let us know

i know that washington county schools boone and crockett have paid trainers. they are paid by the

school systems.