Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

I have a question that I don't know the answer.

How many games can you play in a season? I understand that TSSAA allows 24 and HOF games don't count toward that 24. A reduction of 2 games from last year. Tonight we will play our 25th game. 1 HOF game. 10 districts games. 8 non-conference games. And 2 holiday tournaments of 3 games each for a total of 6 games. Somewhere I think I heard that holiday tournament games count as 2 games regardless of the number you play. If that is the case, could we have played 2 more games this year? I ask this because I would have liked for us to have had another 2 games against more 3A teams and in light of Greeneville who will play their 31st game tonight. I am not complaining toward G'ville, I am just curious how they played that many in order to encourage our AD for us to play more next year.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games can you play in a season? I understand that TSSAA allows 24 and HOF games don't count toward that 24. A reduction of 2 games from last year. Tonight we will play our 25th game. 1 HOF game. 10 districts games. 8 non-conference games. And 2 holiday tournaments of 3 games each for a total of 6 games. Somewhere I think I heard that holiday tournament games count as 2 games regardless of the number you play. If that is the case, could we have played 2 more games this year? I ask this because I would have liked for us to have had another 2 games against more 3A teams and in light of Greeneville who will play their 31st game tonight. I am not complaining toward G'ville, I am just curious how they played that many in order to encourage our AD for us to play more next year.

All those points are correct.

24 Games (2 off of last year's total)

10 District Games

The rest is filled by non-conference and tournaments (2 games for each tourney)

HOF Games - can play 2, do not count against the 24.

The Greeneville schedule on here is not the one posted on TSSAA.org.

The schedule on TSSAA does not have the Seymour game, nor does it have the 2 HOF games, nor does it have tonight's Hampton game, which I believe is a boys only contest against Cumberland Gap HS, which gives them a total of "24 games".

Cocke County had problems with the schedule this year. The improvement of both squads saw West Greene, Knox Central and Knox Carter drop them. Cocke County doesnt get many Tri Cities teams to come play them with a home-and-home because they usually only come down as far as Greeneville or Morristown for mid-week games. The other option would be to try and schedule those teams on a Saturday night.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Greeneville played their 24th regular season game against Morristown West on Saturday. I think the Hampton game that is on the CoachT schedule for tonight is there in error. Greeneville had 3 HOF games (Knox Cath, Seymour, and Univ. High) and played in three tournaments (count as 6 games even though we played 9). Unfortunatley, I don't think there is any way around the TSSAA rule.

Greeneville's record on here is 25-5, three of which are HOF games.

They have played 20 regular season scheduled games, and two tourneys (3 games in one, and 4 games in the Ladies Classic) to come to 27 games.

The trick is to find tournaments that have a minimum of at least 3 games, but have a possibility of more than that.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They have played 20 regular season scheduled games, and two tourneys (3 games in one, and 4 games in the Ladies Classic) to come to 27 games.

The trick is to find tournaments that have a minimum of at least 3 games, but have a possibility of more than that.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Excellent and correct post

Region 1-AAA Watch

Dobyns-Bennett clobbered Daniel Boone 53-25

TN High beat Crockett 76-46

Both of those teams qualify for the Region 1-AAA tourney and will play in a semifinal on Friday.

Science Hill/Sullivan East and Sullivan South/Sullivan Central both play on Tuesday. Winners advance to the Region tourney and a semifinal game on Friday.

Region 1-AAA Watch

Dobyns-Bennett clobbered Daniel Boone 53-25

TN High beat Crockett 76-46

Both of those teams qualify for the Region 1-AAA tourney and will play in a semifinal on Friday.

Science Hill/Sullivan East and Sullivan South/Sullivan Central both play on Tuesday. Winners advance to the Region tourney and a semifinal game on Friday.

I wasn't sure how the two games at the Eaglette Tip-Off Classic were counted. I counted it as another tournament. It looks like you counted them in your 20 regular season games. Is that because it really isn't a bracketed tournament, just exhibition? Thanks for the clarification.

I wasn't sure how the two games at the Eaglette Tip-Off Classic were counted. I counted it as another tournament. It looks like you counted them in your 20 regular season games. Is that because it really isn't a bracketed tournament, just exhibition? Thanks for the clarification.

It was not played as a tournament, and they just played two games, so that is why I think it would be considered as "regular" games. It has a different format, as they bring a lot of teams together in one location, but you don't play a round robin or bracket, so that is why I believe it would be considered as a regular scheduled games.

I think it is possible due to the new 24 game restriction, that you might see more 4 game tournaments, as a way around the rule. Coaches and players always want to play more games.

It would also be a great drawing card to get more or better teams in your tournament. How you play 4 games in a short window is probably the biggest hurdle, but AAU tournaments regularily play more than one game a day. Is there a rule in HS basketball that limits the # of games you can play in a day?

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

District 2 AAA begins tonight

Jeff Co vs Cherokee

West vs East

tonights losers

Jeff Co. loses to Cherokee for the 3rd time this year- close game, head coaching experience is the difference

East - these teams are not the same as in the beginning of season (injuries), as in the first game coaching will make a difference

it is softball time for these two schools

District 2 AAA begins tonight

Jeff Co vs Cherokee

West vs East

tonights losers

Jeff Co. loses to Cherokee for the 3rd time this year- close game, head coaching experience is the difference

East - these teams are not the same as in the beginning of season (injuries), as in the first game coaching will make a difference

it is softball time for these two schools

Is orrick playing tonight for east?