Dyer County vs. Liberty (11/16/2007)

nebuntyn

But my question is how does he come up with all these players transferring in from Dyersburg...If Dyersburg had not had all these players to transfer to Dyer Co. Dyersburg would be tops in 13AA....there was talk before the season that Victor McLin almost transferred to Dyer Co....Why would he do that with it being his senior year at Dyersburg!!!!! I hope the Choctaws have a great season this year and hopefully make a shot back at the 'boro!!! Good Luck this season!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But my question is how does he come up with all these players transferring in from Dyersburg...If Dyersburg had not had all these players to transfer to Dyer Co. Dyersburg would be tops in 13AA....there was talk before the season that Victor McLin almost transferred to Dyer Co....Why would he do that with it being his senior year at Dyersburg!!!!! I hope the Choctaws have a great season this year and hopefully make a shot back at the 'boro!!! Good Luck this season!!

They wanted an opportunity to play Basketball. Many of these players, including Justin Blake simply wanted opportunity. He played dual sports at the time and the coach had a problem with it. About Vic, that was just another rumor.

A. Sampson - Freed Hardeman

Josh Sain - MTSU

J. Long - Murray St.

D. Jones - Some school in Florida, not really sure which one.

A. Long - Not sure. He was deciding between football and basketball.

Thank you D. Jones I do believe is at Florida Atlantic.

I just saw that Josh Sain had 18 points in 3 games. He did not play in one of them. But he had 9 in each of the other ones.

Is ant red shirting??

Get over it! Dyer Co. is not the best team in the state overall as much as you guys want to, your not!!! Your going to lose games this year and most likely it'll help you on down the road when IT REALLY MATTERS! You say Liberty is over-rated...their not! I have seen both DC and Liberty play this year and like I said, it'll be a 5 point game and it just turned out to be a 3 point game...what a bummer, huh??? I hope this tape is sent to TSSAA so maybe why their dealing with DC they'll investigate into all these kids coming to Dyer Co. to play basketball!!!!! You go from winning 3 games one season to advancing to the state semifinals with newer players the next season!!!! Why would anyone want to go to a HS to play basketball where the previous season they only won 3 games...something is fishy about that...

First off I wasn't at game and I'm not bent out of shape they lost,it happens. Alot of kids make the choice to come to DC because they see a fair shot at being ABLE TO ACTUALLY PLAY instead of sitting on the BENCH WHILE a player of not the same caliber plays only because of "politics" if you will. Not trying to start anything by the way. Our county school couldn't afford to recruit if they wanted to. Our school isn't as "dog eat dog" or "class concious" as others close to here. Tight knit community with great fan support.

Don't worry DC fans...you don't have to count that loss on your record...Liberty doesn't believe in counting Hall of Fame losses on their record as evidenced by their refusal last year to count their loss to Raleigh Egypt! All year they claimed to have never lost to another Tennessee team, so you haven't yet either by their standards.

This game was officiated horribly. The first 4 min. were o.k. then all kind of bad stuff started happening. Bad calls for both teams and bad game for a fan to sit and watch.

However, I'm worried about what is going on at DC these days. The kids come from D-burg completly legal, no problem there, but the new attitude is not good. Kids getting out of control, fans, etc...

What I don't understand is how the officials let this happen. When McCord walked out to half court I thought he was going to check on Pierce but he did'nt right away. If the officials had set him down early with a "T" then it would have helped. If you really wanna see who is the better of these two they gotta play again with better officiating.

As far as the kids from D-burg just wanting a chance to play. That was when Brown was there now this new guy will be different. I don't think we will see as many kids leave D-burg as you did the past 2 seasons.

As far as a tight knit community with great fans support. If DC ain't winning then ain't nobdy watching. What about the kids that just want a chance to play that are from DC. I know alot of kids that were there last year that I did'nt see last night. I heard they got cut, I don't know if Kurt Jackson was hurt but unless something has gone wrong with Kurt he deserves to dress.

After this junior class graduates lets see what kinda program DC has then.

Kurt Jackson did not get cut or injured he isnt gettin to dress out and i agree that he deserves it...there are no bad attitudes on the DC squad. The new kids (that we legally got by the way just if you were wondering) act just fine and are very well mannered boys. The Liberty game was pretty rough but its a Hall of Fame game against a team we wont play again this year. DC will be just fine.

This game was officiated horribly. The first 4 min. were o.k. then all kind of bad stuff started happening. Bad calls for both teams and bad game for a fan to sit and watch.

However, I'm worried about what is going on at DC these days. The kids come from D-burg completly legal, no problem there, but the new attitude is not good. Kids getting out of control, fans, etc...

What I don't understand is how the officials let this happen. When McCord walked out to half court I thought he was going to check on Pierce but he did'nt right away. If the officials had set him down early with a "T" then it would have helped. If you really wanna see who is the better of these two they gotta play again with better officiating.

As far as the kids from D-burg just wanting a chance to play. That was when Brown was there now this new guy will be different. I don't think we will see as many kids leave D-burg as you did the past 2 seasons.

As far as a tight knit community with great fans support. If DC ain't winning then ain't nobdy watching. What about the kids that just want a chance to play that are from DC. I know alot of kids that were there last year that I did'nt see last night. I heard they got cut, I don't know if Kurt Jackson was hurt but unless something has gone wrong with Kurt he deserves to dress.

I agree with you when you say that we probably won't see many transfers since there has been a coaching change at Dyersburg. And yes, there were several cuts on the DC team from last year. As far as Kurt, can't tell you why but he hasn't dressed in the last 2 varsity games and he did not dress in the JV game against D-burg. ??????????

The kids coming up from Northview will be just fine at DC to carry on the tradition. They will prove to be a competitive team in the region.

For crying out loud, IT'S A HALL OF FAME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! These games mean nothing! Count 'em if you want to, don't count 'em if you don't want to...that's how it goes...I'm going to laugh when the tape is sent to TSSAA because most likely it'll be thrown in the garbage for the previous reason I just gave you.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good teams find ways to win!!!

If the same thing was happening to your Pioneers you would be different about the situation. What if it was your kid out there getting undercut and treated like a dog? You would have a different opinion. I can't wait till ya'll come play us. I would say we'll see you in the region championship game but you will probably finish last in the region anyway.

If the same thing was happening to your Pioneers you would be different about the situation. What if it was your kid out there getting undercut and treated like a dog? You would have a different opinion. I can't wait till ya'll come play us. I would say we'll see you in the region championship game but you will probably finish last in the region anyway.

Just for the record we beat you without Justin Blake last year and when ya'll had Justin Blake we only lost by around 10 points!! That's not that big of a margin!!!! Dyer Co. is NOT the best team in the state...get over it!