Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

this thread is exactly what you would expect

both teams are well supported and the give and take is what makes these discussions worth while.

I hope school being out doesn't hurt the crowd or the support for both teams.

win or lose both teams deserve kudos getting to the final 8 5a teams still playing football.

We all know wc was picked last so their accomplishments speak for themselves, but the season hasn't been all peaches and cream for smyrna. This Smyrna team is not last years team.

We lost our best lb (day) in the pre season

we lost our only senior lb (carr) in the lavergne game

we lost our olb (craig)

we start a freshman and a 2 sophmores at lb

we start a freshman tb

the defense is the no name unit - quick name one player besides wilks -- couldn't do it could you. A different player seems to make a play all the time.

so while wc deserves a lot of credit the road has not been easy for smyrna they have had to overcome obstacles especially on defense also.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good I wanna see if you will still be sticking by the gold and blue on monday. And your right WC is a different team from week ten but everybody forgets not only WC has gotten better but so has Smyrna. It will be a battle but is WC willing to do what it takes to win on a level they have never played before. Good luck to all and I'm sure it will be a battle. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

im sure my wildcats will come ready for a war!

they had a war against the warriors and they won it! so what will be the difference..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Your ridiculous you can ask anyone who has won a state championship how it affects your team. We have been there we know what it takes and what you have to do to get there. WC is good but one great win doesn't mean they will have two great wins. Just remember that the game is at Smyrna... WC is another stepping stone on the way to the gold ball.

game is at smyrna wow. an last week was at riverdale. home or away central will show up and play. last time i checked there picking the game close is because yall did barely beat us. bad call here bad call there missed call here thats how it went that night an the big ones were against us. so dont think it will be so easy. i see wc winning it in the cold friday night by a field goal

woe is us...a shame yall dont have upperclassmen that can get it done. why dont you throw #44 coach middleton's son out there to while your at it, he's bout as big as one of your starters on defense #3

Funniest thing I heard all day, and yes I do agree #3 is probably the weakest Corner on the Smyrna High School roster.

But tdntn, I forget...who is Riverdale playing this Friday night?

woe is us...a shame yall dont have upperclassmen that can get it done. why dont you throw #44 coach middleton's son out there to while your at it, he's bout as big as one of your starters on defense #3

still kinda a little bitter aren't you. i guess y'all didn't have the upperclassmen do it get it done as well...

still kinda a little bitter aren't you. i guess y'all didn't have the upperclassmen do it get it done as well...

bubba

Thank god for the pipeline of talent Smyrna has now and what is coming up. I cant imagine where we would be if these underclassmen had not stepped especially the 2 freshman.

Bryson - is doing the work of what 2 tbs did last year (hendricks/harris)

Meadows - replaced the region and bcbs bowl defensive mvp (day)

Smyrna had a great practice yesterday and for a monday it was very physical.

Today will be full pads and the full speed inside drills on offense and defense. They have really uped the tempo the last 2 weeks and it has paid off.

cookeville 1 offensive td

lc one offensive td

Certainly those teams dont bring near what wc does but they were certainly physical games ands will help this week.

im sure my wildcats will come ready for a war!

they had a war against the warriors and they won it! so what will be the difference..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

smyrna can actully throw forward passes and spread the field something that is not coffee counties or riverdales list of things that they do well. I would imagine neither of them practice a 5 wide package as a huge part of their offense.

These playoff games are all about poise confidence and concentration and executing on both sides of the ball.

whoever does that will win.

smyrna can actully throw forward passes and spread the field something that is not coffee counties or riverdales list of things that they do well. I would imagine neither of them practice a 5 wide package as a huge part of their offense.

These playoff games are all about poise confidence and concentration and executing on both sides of the ball.

whoever does that will win.

Good ponit? Smyrna should have the edge, but I don't think you can count WC out! I was very impressed with them last week which was the first time I have seen them this year. The few passes that Riverdale threw a WC defender knocked them away at the last second. I'm sure they will have a plan for the passing attack, the question is can they pass defend all night and stop the run? Smyrna will score several points and WC will have to find a way to control the clock and stay focused of they get down early.

OH give me a break Cat..you guys SHOULD win this this game. if you dont then somethings wrong. nobody's picking against ya'll, they might be on our band wagon and want us to win but thats not anywhere close to saying you guys don't have a chance. ya'll have EVERYTHING on your side.

Experience

Home field advantage

All the Stars

You have already beaten us once!!

And you have the absolute BEST fans in the world!!!!

How can we match up with any of this?

ya'll can make up all the stories this week you want and share them with the players...it doesn't matter...like I said last week...Lets go Cats...win or lose were behind you 100%......

being home isnt always a good thing for us...we've lost 3 home games this year and are 13-0 on the road the last 2 seasons