Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Game capsule from the Chattanooga TFP....anybody else catch the mistakes???

Gordonsville Wildcats (10-2) at South Pittsburg Pirates (12-0)

Friday, 8 EST

Playoff history: South Pittsburg has been to the quarterfinals twice this century, beating Gordonsville 21-6 in 2001 and losing to Boyd-Buchanan 21-7 in 2003. The Pirates have a postseason record of 47-21. Gordonsville has a 29-21 playoff record. They and the Wildcats have played eight playoff games with each team winning four times. However, Gordonsville has won the last two, 41-7 last year and 27-12 in 2004.

Last week: Gordonsville defeated Lookout Valley 38-13; South Pittsburg defeated Friendship Christian 49-7.

Common opponents: Gordonsville defeated Silverdale Baptist 35-19 and Friendship Christian 16-14 and lost to Trousdale County 21-6. South Pitt defeated Trousdale County 32-16, Lookout Valley 41-6 and Silverdale Baptist 52-7.

Noteworthy: South Pittsburg has an array of offensive showpieces including running back Robert Robinson, who had a 99-yard score in last week's win over Friendship Christian, and runner/receiver Rashawn Weatherspoon, who pulled in three scoring passes from Cody Robinson in the Friendship victory. . . . Gordonsville's primary threats are running back Jordan Davis and quarterback Justin Smith, who scored two TDs and passed for another in last week's win over South Pittsburg. . . . Gordonsville has advanced to the title game only once, losing to Evangelical Christian in 1983. South Pitt has a 2-3 record in the championship game, beating Moore County 42-13 in its last appearance in 1999.

Up next: The winner will host the Hampton-Midway winner.

So what has he done predicted the future? With our last weeks win over south pitt? I hope its that easy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This guys already in the holiday bottle

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game capsule from the Chattanooga TFP....anybody else catch the mistakes???

Gordonsville Wildcats (10-2) at South Pittsburg Pirates (12-0)

Friday, 8 EST

Playoff history: South Pittsburg has been to the quarterfinals twice this century, beating Gordonsville 21-6 in 2001 and losing to Boyd-Buchanan 21-7 in 2003. The Pirates have a postseason record of 47-21. Gordonsville has a 29-21 playoff record. They and the Wildcats have played eight playoff games with each team winning four times. However, Gordonsville has won the last two, 41-7 last year and 27-12 in 2004.

Last week: Gordonsville defeated Lookout Valley 38-13; South Pittsburg defeated Friendship Christian 49-7.

Common opponents: Gordonsville defeated Silverdale Baptist 35-19 and Friendship Christian 16-14 and lost to Trousdale County 21-6. South Pitt defeated Trousdale County 32-16, Lookout Valley 41-6 and Silverdale Baptist 52-7.

Noteworthy: South Pittsburg has an array of offensive showpieces including running back Robert Robinson, who had a 99-yard score in last week's win over Friendship Christian, and runner/receiver Rashawn Weatherspoon, who pulled in three scoring passes from Cody Robinson in the Friendship victory. . . . Gordonsville's primary threats are running back Jordan Davis and quarterback Justin Smith, who scored two TDs and passed for another in last week's win over South Pittsburg. . . . Gordonsville has advanced to the title game only once, losing to Evangelical Christian in 1983. South Pitt has a 2-3 record in the championship game, beating Moore County 42-13 in its last appearance in 1999.

Up next: The winner will host the Hampton-Midway winner.

Old Pirate says this is not quite correct. SP has won 3 (69,94,99) and lost 3 (75,85,86?) title games.

Op is not sure on the loss years.

since when were we the wildcats? last I checked we are the Tigers...

and we have been to the title game twice, we are 1-1 in that title game

Winner !!!! Go Wildcats /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I guess taking away the Gold ball kinda hurts too. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Somebody must have let their young kids write for them. The whole thing is full of mistakes

South Pitt might be in trouble in this one. I think those players are still having nightmares of that murdering they took last season from the G-Men. South Pitt has a pretty good offense, but the defense is pure MANURE. The defensive front looks soft and those linebackers act like they don't read many keys. As for the secondary, I am not sure they could cover Grandma Moses 2000 years after her death. I think they more than likely have the same mentality as alot of pee wee teams. They just run around and try to find the ball. I wish them the best of luck but I don't look for a victory. I am betting on that black kid from Gordonsville to make them look stupid again. Make no mistake Gordonsville WILL be ready to play so you better be ready to answer the bell or you will be dribbling that round ball. I don't guess that would be a bad thing though because that game is not near as physical as what you will be up against in 26 hours and 15 minutes.

Hmmm...interesting. Seems to me if the Pirates were manure on defense, some pretty good teams would've scored more than they did on them. Believe me - FCS is a very talented team, and for S. Pitt to dismantle their offense the way they did, makes me think that manure is a good thing. And Pee Wee team mentality has been working pretty good.

I'm not about to let down my guard so easy. The G-men got a big task ahead of them - they know it. But I think they will be ready. They're not going to take S.Pitt for granted and neither should S. Pitt. These are two really good teams, and it should be a dogfight.

Go Tigers!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

South Pitt might be in trouble in this one. I think those players are still having nightmares of that murdering they took last season from the G-Men. South Pitt has a pretty good offense, but the defense is pure MANURE. The defensive front looks soft and those linebackers act like they don't read many keys. As for the secondary, I am not sure they could cover Grandma Moses 2000 years after her death. I think they more than likely have the same mentality as alot of pee wee teams. They just run around and try to find the ball. I wish them the best of luck but I don't look for a victory. I am betting on that black kid from Gordonsville to make them look stupid again. Make no mistake Gordonsville WILL be ready to play so you better be ready to answer the bell or you will be dribbling that round ball. I don't guess that would be a bad thing though because that game is not near as physical as what you will be up against in 26 hours and 15 minutes.

I'm not sure about some of those statements, manure, but that is a pretty funny post. I thind SP's D is very good. When you are as fast as they are, you can afford to just run to the ball. Most other 1a teams have to worry about always lining up right and coaches have to put players in the defenses they think is best. SP is fortunate enough to have so many atheletes that running to the football means the ball carrier has about 3 seconds till he gets hit