MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA will win this game on defense. MBA has a good enough defense to keep the BA offense on a slow ride. Therefor, BA must translate on the defensive side of the ball. MBA will have to pass, as running against BA has proven most difficult for many teams, considering BA's line size. I dont predict a big score or any big plays, it should low enough in a high ten/ low twenty scoring game. GL to both.

BA - 20, MBA - 17

P.S. thats the first score prediction I have made all year

P.S.S. . . . It's also the first credible post I've seen you make. Logically thought out, doesn't appear to be a blatant gig at MBA fans . . . even if folks don't agree, at least you've backed up your post with some thought.

There is hope!

I am sure that this game will be similar to the first one, a battle of the defenses, low scoring, and fought in the trenches. Both teams have had great years, making it to state with two 1st year head coaches.

While I have a bias, I dont see BA penetrating MBAs defense, the only points BA scored in the first game was a long td where the nose and left tackle both were undisciplined and came too far upfield, and Tate cut it up, which is what MBA is going to have to defend against, BAs speed.

I do see MBAs offense doing better, with Waddey, MBAs hardnosed running back, back, Wise much more mobile, and Bailey having more power and speed than last time. While BA has a good D-Line, I believe that MBA has the best O-Line in the state.

It probably will be a game that comes down to the kicking game. That is where MBA has the clear edge, with an outstanding sophmore kicker in Fletcher, who has done an incredible job stepping up this season. Because MBA has a better kicking game, Ill give them the edge.

MBA: 20

BA: 13

Because Waddey is healthy for this game, it'll just add another dimension to the already outstanding rushing game for MBA. The o-line won't necessarily man handle the BA d-line, but they can get enough movement of those guys to open up some holes. MBA has been great of being able to get to the 2nd level and get a hand on the backers, resulting in many long runs....that'll happen again this game too. Especially Wesley Johnson...man that guy can flat out play and he's only goin to get bigger. I'm really excited to see who recruits him next year.

as for d.......they won't be able to run up the middle because bubis will have it clogged up again. but running outside zone plays isn't that effective because of MBA's speed. it'll be tough on BA to move the ball

mba 17

ba 10

Both defenses are good and both have steady offenses. I dont know whether the BA pass game has greatly improved, or if the EHS secondary is just that bad. I mean BA was out running them on deep routs and running through weak tackles on short passes. EHS couldnt tackle at all. That'll be an interesting matchup to watch on Saturday because the BA pass attack has been up and down this season.

Both defenses are good and both have steady offenses. I dont know whether the BA pass game has greatly improved, or if the EHS secondary is just that bad. I mean BA was out running them on deep routs and running through weak tackles on short passes. EHS couldnt tackle at all. That'll be an interesting matchup to watch on Saturday because the BA pass attack has been up and down this season.

no disrespect to BAs passing game, I would say that at least some of their success was due to EHS's absolutely horrendous secondary, while EHS had a decent team this year, their secondary was their weakest part besides their lines