MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

They should really stop playing the game in Murfreesboro, especially at a place like MTSU. I think Vanderbilt stadium would be a more fitting atmosphere but I know neither party really cares, they dont wanna lose money.

Finally something I can agree with. The Clinic Bowl for Childrens Hospital was a great event, but the TSSAA went for the big bucks. I guess they need the money to pay their legal fees.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Coverage Moose!

Thanks Yamrocks.... in the midst of it i got pretty thirsty though, grab me a water will ya.

I agree, it would be better at Vanderbilt.

I agree that for this particular game it would be better if it were played at Vandy just because the two teams and their fans are closer but it does make sense to play at MTSU cause its probably the most inpartial site.

no disrespect to BAs passing game, I would say that at least some of their success was due to EHS's absolutely horrendous secondary, while EHS had a decent team this year, their secondary was their weakest part besides their lines

Actually, in the Ensworth game the one long scoring pass to Luna was exactly the same post route that he beat one of the MBA defenders on, and as against MBA, he was open by about three yards. Against MBA, he was overthrown by 8 yards. Against Ensworth, he was hit in the hands in full stride. Granted, MBA was able to put more pressure on Nelson than Ensworth was, but I think you probably will see what people are talking about come Saturday.

Finally something I can agree with. The Clinic Bowl for Childrens Hospital was a great event, but the TSSAA went for the big bucks. I guess they need the money to pay their legal fees.

I'm certainly a big fan of the old Clinic Bowl, having followed it since 1969 (MBA 35, Gallatin 7). Is there some issue with Murfressboro that makes it undesirable, other than the fact that it involves change, probably for the TSSAA's profit? I remember as late as 1979 it was played on one of the team's home fields.

I'm certainly a big fan of the old Clinic Bowl, having followed it since 1969 (MBA 35, Gallatin 7). Is there some issue with Murfressboro that makes it undesirable, other than the fact that it involves change, probably for the TSSAA's profit? I remember as late as 1979 it was played on one of the team's home fields.

There is nothing wrong with MTSU per se. The TSSAA moved the game from Vandy when Blue Cross offered to sponser all the State championship games. So instead of it being a fundraiser for Childrens Hospital put on by the Jr. Chamber of Commerce, now it's a fundraiser for the TSSAA.

They should really stop playing the game in Murfreesboro, especially at a place like MTSU. I think Vanderbilt stadium would be a more fitting atmosphere but I know neither party really cares, they dont wanna lose money.

it was moved from vandy to MTSU because a lot of the profits at vandy were going to the vanderbilt children's hospital, and the tssaa wanted more of the profits, so they moved it

Its gonna be a great game, pretty low scoring, and hard fought. I give MBA the edge because they have a kicking game, which BA lacks

MBA-20

BA-13

BA will win this game on defense. MBA has a good enough defense to keep the BA offense on a slow ride. Therefor, BA must translate on the defensive side of the ball. MBA will have to pass, as running against BA has proven most difficult for many teams, considering BA's line size. I dont predict a big score or any big plays, it should low enough in a high ten/ low twenty scoring game. GL to both.

BA - 20, MBA - 17

P.S. thats the first score prediction I have made all year

Nice to see some logic from you.... However, I do recall a score prediction of BA 66, MBA 0....

What type of turf do they have on the field at MTSU?

Isn't the turf at MTSU and at Vandy artificial? I'm thinking that it is more similar to the turf at MBA than at Vandy, though. Prefer natural turf at a well kept field.... I like the atmosphere at Vandy just because of the nostalgia of working at clinic bowl while a part of Junior Chamber and raffling cars off!

I also agree that Vanderbilt would be the better venue for this game. It just seems to have been a better atmosphere when the games were over there. This year, in particular, I think more people would go if it were there. I have heard that Vandy will be installing FieldTurf before next season, so maybe the games can return to Dudley Field sometime in the near future.

Roll Red!

I also agree that Vanderbilt would be the better venue for this game. It just seems to have been a better atmosphere when the games were over there. This year, in particular, I think more people would go if it were there. I have heard that Vandy will be installing FieldTurf before next season, so maybe the games can return to Dudley Field sometime in the near future.

Roll Red!

Unfortunately I don't think the turf at Vandy is the "green" that caused the move to the 'Buro . . .