MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. Coach Fulmer, a football genius, is now only recruiting HONOR student/athletes.

You know - Yes, your honor. No, your honor. Not guilty, your honor.

That is a joke. I am a UT fan.

As that great former Tennessee high school football player and immanently quotable and hated (at least among SEC coaches) coach, Steve Spurrier, would say after last night's performance, "You can't spell Citrus without UT".

I'll say this: I'm sure this time next week, someone will probably start a thread about "Best in State - All Classifications". I'm sure Maryville will get a lot of nods (and not undeservedly) after they smoke Maplewood. However, given the class MBA plays in and the schedule it had, plus its standing in three ratings services (I have Composite Ratings on the site, and MBA is at the top of the three systems used), MBA certainly can certainly stake a claim to its place. It's also worth noting that, before Friday, Brentwood Academy was #2 in the average ratings.

Do you intend to participate in that inevitable thread?

BTW, we all know who the best two teams in the state are this year. Even going back a week, who would you pick in a Father Ryan or Ensworth v. Sullivan South game? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

(consider this a semi-substantive 'bump'.)

Do you intend to participate in that inevitable thread?

I'd actually be more inclined this year if it were a DII team other than MBA, so as to not show too much bias. Nevertheless, I become less and less inclined each year to participate in that debate, regardless of who the large DII champion is. The blinders that are worn in that debate many times keep the discussions from being reasonable and open-minded.

I'd actually be more inclined this year if it were a DII team other than MBA, so as to not show too much bias. Nevertheless, I become less and less inclined each year to participate in that debate, regardless of who the large DII champion is. The blinders that are worn in that debate many times keep the discussions from being reasonable and open-minded.

We've been trying to shed the light for 6 years on this board....re DII.......getting thru to those guys is hostile.......can be fun picking at them, but very hostile...