Hampton v/s Midway

dawgbacker

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Were all just getting over tonight, Midway people don't do near as much talking as most people we play. We just have to prepare hard this week and see if we can improve a little. Midway is a good team , not sure they are much better than the bunch we played tonight. That Oneida bunch came up here to win.

I don't like Midway's chances as much now with QB Eric Stansbury's broken wrist. Their offense looked out of sync to me tonight and Hampton will be a tough place to get a win if you're not clicking on all cylinders. Midway's defense, however, played lights out tonight and held Harriman to 108 yards while forcing four turnovers. They still rushed for 271 yards, but it didn't seem like the same Midway offense to me. Their timing just wasn't the same.

Well its round 3 now. There are not any push overs now. Midway will show up ready to win on Friday night. We just need to come out play Hampton football just as we have for the past 12 weeks. This game will be much like tonight I think. Two tuff defenses that will bend but want break. I just dont see either team scoring over 24 points. I really think homefield is a big deal now since we want be the team travling this week. I think the score will be Hampton 19 and Midway 12. Hampton will jump out early and hangon again. Does anyone have some stats on Midway. GO DOGS,,,,,,,,,,,,

Were all just getting over tonight, Midway people don't do near as much talking as most people we play. We just have to prepare hard this week and see if we can improve a little. Midway is a good team , not sure they are much better than the bunch we played tonight. That Oneida bunch came up here to win.

You know the drill pujo, prepare one game at a time. never look ahead. I'm sure coach JC steers that focus on his players each week. Good luck against Midway next week, they will come ready to play as you know. each round will become tougher. 3rd yr in a row to the Qtr.finals. win or loose that even has something to say in its self. again good luck Friday night.

3-putt

Harriman played Midway pretty close, alot closer than the score and alot closer than the first meeting of the year.Harriman had 4 turnovers, 2 INT's and 2 fumbles, that will hurt anyone and still just lost 19-7. Harriman finishes with a recorf of 6-6, with not any big wins. I have said all along, too much pariety in Region 2. Midways only loss comes from 2A Rockwood, who also did not have a good year and they beat Midway by 22. Midway seems to have a decent offense, they are averaging almost 40 per game, defense is good also, maybe not as good as Oneida. I think we will have another tough game on our hands, but if we take care of the ball, execute, and play like we are capable, this game will come out alright for us. Playing against stingy defenses is only helping us. Too erly to predict, but I still like Hampton by at least 14 right now.