Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Red Bank fans are expecting to see the best team they have seen all year. The Red Bank Lions.

GO RED BANK....!!!!

So are you saying that you expect your team to look its best when

a. you are playing against your toughest opponent of the season and

b. you are playing without your best player?

That seems like flawed logic to me.

coachspanky aftur all tha cab drivers in town haiv a little reefreeshmint, thay need sum of that black tarr coffee two gettum back out on tha rode....so YES.....tha Frog has coffee.....Eye still miss Lowell's Place!!!!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Shutin down Lowell's Place caused me to halfto by a karaoke machine. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I don't believe I would be overlooking Henry Co.

Hillsboro has virtually the same team they had last year but only better. Granted HC is better than they were last year when they lost 42-6 (correct me if I am wrong) they will not beat Hillsboro. Dont get me wrong I believe they will make a better game out of it this year but the results will be the same.....

If it even happens:

Hillsboro - 35

Henry Co. - 17

All this "THIS IS OUR YEAR" and "BEAST MODE" talk is skeerin' me. Eye mite jest stay home.

Stars, Don't stay home I hear this here Red Bank team played a team from Canada this year. I don't think our field is long enough to play Canadian rules football, but the way the refs the last few weeks have let the backs go in motion toward the line of scrimmage, we might have our hands full. The good news is they only get 3 downs and we get 4 if they use their rules and we use ours. I just hope they don't run out onto cedar street thinking the field is 110 yards long.

I almost forgot GO RED REBELS

So are you saying that you expect your team to look its best when

a. you are playing against your toughest opponent of the season and

b. you are playing without your best player?

That seems like flawed logic to me.

Yes! Red Bank is going to have their best game because they are determined, and one player doesn't make the team. How many people from Red Bank have posted that Red Bank will be a better team because Benford won't be in the game? Everyone agrees that they will be playing with Tim in mind because he brought them so far and aren't going to let him down. Maryville will be playing with skill and logic, but Red Bank will be playing with talent and heart. It's not "flawed logic" it's spirit and confidence in our team as a whole.

Well, I've been trying to refrain from getting involved in this, but it just seems like you guys are having too much fun. I want to start off by saying good luck to the rebels from North Knox county. We're all counting on you for a little bit of revenge. QBqueen's desciption of the RB Powell (not Knox Powell, just Powell that really drives me nuts) game is a little off. RB did have some twos in but it was mostly ones who just took their foot off the gas and Powell started making plays and RB struggled to turn in back on.

I graduated from Powell in 06 and played in some ferocious battles at Maryville, but all of my friends and I still joke that the Rebels are the only team that will consistenly knock you on your butt, pick you back up, and tell you what an excellent job you did. I want to hate Maryville so bad that I can't stand it....they are just way too classy for that. I wouldn't expect any problems out of the Rebel faithful.

I don't really know what to make of this game either. I don't know how much of an experience difference there is because Red Bank has been in this situation before. Coaching edge goes to Maryville although I think that RB has a really solid group of coaches. Maryville fans know this, but number 27 for the lions is one of the most impressive high school football players I've seen. The kid is huge and fast and his motor never stops. He had a run against Powell down the visitor sideline where Powell's safety hit the kid square in the thigh and he never broke stride and walked into the end zone. He's a beast. The loss of the Benford kid is going to be a big blow for the Lions. I don't doubt that they will rally around it, but I don't think you can question that he is a big time play maker for that team and he will be missed. I think his injury could be the difference. Ledbetter is solid at QB he doesn't seem make a lot of mistakes. Both teams are pretty solid in the trenches although I really think the edge goes to RB up front.

So basically, I think Maryville has the better coaches and QB. Red Bank has better athletes and better linemen. When I try to think about it from an outsider's point of view I want to pick RB. Maryville turned the ball over against Powell which is very uncharacteristic and the running game wasn't as solid as it usually is for the Rebs. I think this is one of the more beatable teams that Maryville has fielded in a while, but I just can't pick against Maryville at home. Burnette, Douglas and CO. are going to find a way to get it done. I think it'll be a dog fight and I don't think it's gonna be pretty but I'll take Maryville by 4-7 points.

I'll say 24-17 Maryville.

Go get another one for 3-4A Rebs.

I thought i would send this to u on this forum panthers 08. Since all the SS fans hate us. Hey thanks for that info buddy I remember Casson dang he ran all over us. I thought Zach went somewhere. Thanks for the info also keep on with what ur doing to these south fans. U have provided very good info to back up everything u say don't listen to them everytime u post there in there in the conference room at the holiday in taking turns swapping licks on a good Ole Curt circle jerk. Let me tell u about there offense from my standpoint if u wanna come see another game this is the one. Ok yeah to be honest curt is all they have he usually accounts for more than 80% of there offense and I have been keying in on the fact that they have 6 guys going both ways. I think this will help us late in the game i know we can hang close and then beat them.

Red Bank has a chance with or without Benford... I don't know what you're talking about! Red Bank is an outstanding team!!

Missy, most of us know Red Bank has a chance and very good one. We respect RB for what they have accomplished and could accomplish. Don't think for a second anyone is looking past your Lions. I been reading things like "They are determined" and the "Beast" and other silly comments that RB will win just because of this or that. Take a note Maryville is determined and focused as well. Most of these guys won't even eat turkey because of the melatonin factor! But there are things that Maryville has done that always gives them the edge in any game. Some of the Rebels are not 100%. They been banged up all season and that has made many think Maryville is not as good as they have been. I agree in some areas they are not as good but we are talking about Maryville compared to Maryville. Like RB the Rebels are undefeated this season as well. There have been few teams who could go toe to toe with Maryville over the past 11 years. We've had some powerhouse teams and the record speaks for itself at 148-11 since 1997! Red Bank has lost one of their most dynamic players and anyway you slice it, it will affect the Lions. In Maryville's case they won't care if Benford plays or not they are not going to take any rest knowing they won't have to cover him. Trust me we have seen better players this and many other years and Maryville shut them down as a key to the game. Good luck to Red Bank but expect a game and unless Maryville lays the ball on the ground the Lions are going to have their hands full as well.

By the way dress warm because the temps will be in the lower 30's and if you see a few of us start shaking our car keys, it means to go and warm your car for the ride home because we will be convinced the game is in hand. If you don't see the keys it means GQ hasn??™t called that razzle dazzle play yet and the game is still on! Drive safe. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />