Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

I can't give you the exact stats but in the Friday Columbia Daily Herald the passing yards were almost exactly the same for Carkuff and Dailey. One or the other had just a few more passes and completions but the yardage was within 10 yards. It was like 667 to 663 or something like that. That's the best comparison I can give.

Also 43 of 94 is just under 50%.

45.7 % not a good completion percentage at any level. Daily will not beat anybody passing the ball. The only pass he threw the other night was about 10 yards behind a wide open receiver. The receiver could of walked in the endzone if the pass was even in his neighborhood. I don't see Jo Byrns stopping their run, so it will be irrelevant. Mt Pleasant's line is larger and stronger. If Jo Byrns can have long sustained drives and keep M.P. 's lineman on the field for long stretches, their blocking isn't near as effective when they get back on offense. This is the only way Jo Byrns wins the game. Mt. Pleasant has the better team, but I think Jo Byrns has enough coaching to beat them. Should be a heck of a game.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45.7 % not a good completion percentage at any level. Daily will not beat anybody passing the ball. The only pass he threw the other night was about 10 yards behind a wide open receiver. The receiver could of walked in the endzone if the pass was even in his neighborhood. I don't see Jo Byrns stopping their run, so it will be irrelevant. Mt Pleasant's line is larger and stronger. If Jo Byrns can have long sustained drives and keep M.P. 's lineman on the field for long stretches, their blocking isn't near as effective when they get back on offense. This is the only way Jo Byrns wins the game. Mt. Pleasant has the better team, but I think Jo Byrns has enough coaching to beat them. Should be a heck of a game.

I agree.....

You guys can argue pass all you want too. You guys can argue run all you want too. I am finding myself completely amazed that all you hear is "IF" you can put 8-9 in the box contain Marco and you'll beat mTp; and for the past two games of the play offs Coach Smith has amazed me in the style of offense he's bringing. Smith has stacked 10 in a box with 1 wide out and ran it down the throats of the beast almost daring some one to stop the mule. And they haven't. I for one have always liked the power run and when you put a kid like Marco behind those types of blocks he's almost good for 10 yards a carry. Good ole smash mouth football. Keep bringing it Coach. I like it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now I know some one might step up eventually and stop it like JCS did last year. But if I were to take my chances, I would side on the side we are on now.

GO TIGERS!

I counted 10 in the box much of the night against our run. 340 yards later we are moving on.

yes

I have seen a little film on MTP. Both sides of the ball their line play really looks good. number 74 for mtp is a man child the DE"s look good. Those of you who have seen or perhaps been at games of JBS and MTP how do the lines match up. I guess I am addressing this to Cascade, Wayne County, and Moore County more than anyone.

^ Why exactly are you laughing Cascade11? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I checked Cascade wasn't even in it anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Leave cascade11 alone. He and his friend Radio just lost their job as Waterboy and ball shagger this week. They are in their off-season now. I guess they will will be the bat boys in a few months.

Ok, i think the Cascade game is in the past! Who cares about Marco's arm, how this pass looked and how that pass looked! MP has a game this week, Cascade DOESN"T!!

MP and Jo Byrns, doesn't get any better than this!! Both teams know what to expect as these teams have become accustomed to meeting this time of year!! I can remember 2 years ago, MP leading at the half 20-7, and Jo Byrns comes storming back to win 21-20 with Marco continueing to play with cramps or injury in the 4th quarter!!

Then last year with MP making a late score with Marco making probably the best run i have ever seen to give them the win!! Who knows what this years game will bring but you can promise that both teams will lay it all on the line Friday night!! May the best team win, and whoever it may be hopefully they can go all the way!! Go MP!!

Ok, i think the Cascade game is in the past! Who cares about Marco's arm, how this pass looked and how that pass looked! MP has a game this week, Cascade DOESN"T!!

MP and Jo Byrns, doesn't get any better than this!! Both teams know what to expect as these teams have become accustomed to meeting this time of year!! I can remember 2 years ago, MP leading at the half 20-7, and Jo Byrns comes storming back to win 21-20 with Marco continueing to play with cramps or injury in the 4th quarter!!

Then last year with MP making a late score with Marco making probably the best run i have ever seen to give them the win!! Who knows what this years game will bring but you can promise that both teams will lay it all on the line Friday night!! May the best team win, and whoever it may be hopefully they can go all the way!! Go MP!!

I agree with you totally. I would like to add that 2 years ago was the coldest I've ever been at a high school game. The weather turns cold again Thursday or Friday according to the weather. I hope it holds out til Saturday though.

As hard as this is to do for a Moore Countian, I've got to go with MTP and Region 6 in this game. I'd like to think that MC might have played a part in MTP's run in the playoffs. Our win over MTP may have pulled some heads back down out of the clouds. Everyone needs a little adjustment occasionally.

Jo Byrns is like most 1A schools, they have one player that can carry their team. In this case it's their quarterback. If you don't pressure him, he's going to have a field day.

Good luck MTP and represent Region 6 well!