Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Well I mentioned earlier that I haven't seen any comments on how MP was going to defend JB's offense but I believe I've found my answer...

http://www.walkinghorsechat.com/2007mphsfootball/cascade.wma

http://www.walkinghorsechat.com/2007mphsfo...ll/cascade2.wma

The first link is to the radio broadcast of the 1st half of the MP/cascade game and the second one is to the second half. If you click on the second half link and then jump to the last part of the broadcast (wait for it to buffer first) you'll see what I mean.

It was just an innocent comment but a comment none the less and that's what I was looking for. To paraphrase, while discussing the upcoming game with JB it was mentioned that JB's QB is very accurate "but you can't throw the ball when you're laying on your back". After listening to the game it was clear to me that MP's success on defense comes from the D-line. If you can win the battle up front then you've got a chance. cascade had some success running the ball with #5 and did a decent job in the short passing game. MP's coach mentioned that JB does a really good job with screens and cascade had some success in the short passing game so they'll have to do a better job against JB. If I had to guess, I'd say MP will try to pressure the QB to take away the long developing pass plays and they'll be playing up on the receivers in order to defend the short passing game.

Offensively, MP runs most of their offense out of a "Box" formation (#12 in the shotgun with two fullbacks in front of him and a TB on either his left or right). As usual most of the plays are to #12 but as the broadcasters and head coach said, they've had success all year running a counter with one of the other backs when the defense over commits to #12. They didn't do it against cascade but looking at there season stats, they'll also pass to keep the defense honest.

With all that said, both teams have great skill players but this game will be won on the sideline and in the trenches.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is time for me to pick a winner/score for this game. I believe there will be a few points scored in this game. I do not believe that JBS defense will be able to stop Marco but I do believe that they will be able to hold him back just enough for their very potent offense to out score them.

JBS - 34

mTp - 28

This is just a guess, the score could easily be the other way around. Good luck to both teams and I am looking foward to a great game.....

Nice try, but we really wouldn't want you to miss out on the hospitality of the Dungeon. You haven't been here in three years and there have been many improvements. How long will it take you to get here? I wasn't able to come to the jungle last year so I don't know.

Just under 2 hrs. It seemed a heck of a lot longer than that 2 years ago.

Well I mentioned earlier that I haven't seen any comments on how MP was going to defend JB's offense but I believe I've found my answer...

http://www.walkinghorsechat.com/2007mphsfootball/cascade.wma

http://www.walkinghorsechat.com/2007mphsfo...ll/cascade2.wma

The first link is to the radio broadcast of the 1st half of the MP/cascade game and the second one is to the second half. If you click on the second half link and then jump to the last part of the broadcast (wait for it to buffer first) you'll see what I mean.

It was just an innocent comment but a comment none the less and that's what I was looking for. To paraphrase, while discussing the upcoming game with JB it was mentioned that JB's QB is very accurate "but you can't throw the ball when you're laying on your back". After listening to the game it was clear to me that MP's success on defense comes from the D-line. If you can win the battle up front then you've got a chance. cascade had some success running the ball with #5 and did a decent job in the short passing game. MP's coach mentioned that JB does a really good job with screens and cascade had some success in the short passing game so they'll have to do a better job against JB. If I had to guess, I'd say MP will try to pressure the QB to take away the long developing pass plays and they'll be playing up on the receivers in order to defend the short passing game.

Offensively, MP runs most of their offense out of a "Box" formation (#12 in the shotgun with two fullbacks in front of him and a TB on either his left or right). As usual most of the plays are to #12 but as the broadcasters and head coach said, they've had success all year running a counter with one of the other backs when the defense over commits to #12. They didn't do it against cascade but looking at there season stats, they'll also pass to keep the defense honest.

With all that said, both teams have great skill players but this game will be won on the sideline and in the trenches.

Dang MOTO did you listen to that whole thing? You are deffinately a hard core fan if you did.

you could stop by Mikes bbq on the way down 41n from springfield toward adams & cedar hill its just before you get into cedar hill on the left, he has of coarse bbq, chicken,slabs of ribs and all the fixins. I think I have heard Holder mention your name so if you guys are comin up early fri tell him to give me a call so we can hook up if possible, have safe travel and look foward to meeting some more coacht users, early if possible

I will give you a call when we get over Friday night.

.... wholder , the bets still on isnt it /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> H-burger & coke isnt it ,,, Go Trojans

What kind of bet do we have? You need to say Go Tigers instead of Trojans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />