OCCHS REBELS

sherlockholmes

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the recap Purple & Gold- Nice Job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> OC did a nice job, especially in the 3rd quarter of being patient

and attacking the half court zone defense of McKenzie with outstanding ball movement and excellent shot selection.

The Rebels of McKenzie only dressed eight players for the game as some of the guys(Carr and Payne) are still just 3 weeks or so of playing basketball after advancing to the state title game in football.

All in all a good win for the Rebels of OC who showed very little signs of rust after an almost 2 week layoff.

Collinwood at 6:30 on Saturday night will play the OC at the Huntingdon Point Guard Classic -- Should be a fun game to watch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Great job REBELS, keep on rolling /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Great "TEAM PLAYING" As Purple & Gold has given you the individual scoring. Great defense during the WHOLE game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe the Rebels learned something from those two bad losses to 1A teams in the Westview Thanksgiving Classic...

They could very well be 12-0 right now,should be actually....

The Rebels jumped on this out-manned McKenzie bunch early and kept their foot on their throat the whole time when the varsity was in....The Collinwood game is a big game...The Rebels can close out 2007 with 10 wins and start 2008 with Westview and South Fulton....Two winnable games although the Chargers will be a tough one...

i COMPLETELY agree with the assumption that they should be 12-0 right now. The Halls loss was just a let down in the fourth after a complete effort for three quarters where they stretched the lead out to fifteen or more probably. The loss to Greenfield, while, to me, the Rebels are a better team, I think they just had a hangover from the previous night. So if you could peg a legitamit loss on the Rebels, that would be it. The munford game was just poorly played with only a few kids coming to play that night. That being said, they still took a six point lead into the fourth, but just couldn't finish it off. I think that thats the achilles heel of this ballclub. Sometimes they don't have that killer mentality that tells them its not over until that final horn blows. But hey, who honestly could say that they thought the Rebels should be 12-0 right now at the beginning of the season? Not me thats for sure. I can't wait for tomorrow night and the rest of the season. I haven't been this excited about a Central team in about ten years. Go Rebels!!!!!!

OC lost last nite to Collinwood at the Huntingdon Point Guard Classic 67-58....

Really a disappointing game....The Rebels have now lost three of their four games to 1A teams....

OC is going to just have to take one game at a time...I don't think they were looking ahead..I think the OC fans need to stop looking ahead though....9-4 is a good record...Much better than last year....This team isn't good enough to overlook anybody...They are going to have to find some consistant scoring..In those 3 losses to 1A teams the Rebels have averaged 45 points...That's just not going to get it done....

I'm sure coach Kail will have the guys back in the gym and working hard to get ready for Westview on Friday nite..The Rebels have a 2-0 district record and need to win their home games...

Yeah Purple i gotta say congrats on a great job so far this season to the Rebels and their coaching staff..Im glad that the fans can go to the ballgames and actually believe they can win and give them something to cheer about..I dunno why they are unable to get it done with the 1a schools..I guess they are just overlooking the teams like u said..But i think OC will learn from it and keep rolling..I say OC will win 18 or 20 games this year and make the region tourny..And i also think they will give it heck of a run and make some noise..U gotta believe Rebels!

Yeah Purple i gotta say congrats on a great job so far this season to the Rebels and their coaching staff..Im glad that the fans can go to the ballgames and actually believe they can win and give them something to cheer about..I dunno why they are unable to get it done with the 1a schools..I guess they are just overlooking the teams like u said..But i think OC will learn from it and keep rolling..I say OC will win 18 or 20 games this year and make the region tourny..And i also think they will give it heck of a run and make some noise..U gotta believe Rebels!

Well Rebels i kinda messed up! Sorry! Im gonna say yall will win 15 games until yall can prove me wrong.

OC could get in the 17-18 win range and surprise some folks come tourney time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They'll be tested big time in the next couple of weeks with the likes of Westview and Dyer County coming to

Central Station for the 13AA games /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Getcha POPCORN READY!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OC could get in the 17-18 win range and surprise some folks come tourney time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They'll be tested big time in the next couple of weeks with the likes of Westview and Dyer County coming to

Central Station for the 13AA games /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Getcha POPCORN READY!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If the Rebels could figure out how to tap into the emotion and intensity they played with against Union City in Troy last season they would be very,very tough.....

OC lost last nite to Collinwood at the Huntingdon Point Guard Classic 67-58....

Really a disappointing game....The Rebels have now lost three of their four games to 1A teams....

OC is going to just have to take one game at a time...I don't think they were looking ahead..I think the OC fans need to stop looking ahead though....9-4 is a good record...Much better than last year....This team isn't good enough to overlook anybody...They are going to have to find some consistant scoring..In those 3 losses to 1A teams the Rebels have averaged 45 points...That's just not going to get it done....

I'm sure coach Kail will have the guys back in the gym and working hard to get ready for Westview on Friday nite..The Rebels have a 2-0 district record and need to win their home games...

Just got through watching this game on TV. The Rebels look much better than they were last year at this time. I know the U C vs. O C game doesn't mean anything but it will be a VERY LONG night for the Rebels. Union City is Much, Much to quick for them.

hang in there Rebels...every win is a sign of much improvement over last year.