OCCHS REBELS

sherlockholmes

Hopefully the Rebels will learn from the mistakes of this past weekend and move on as the basketball season is still young /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Humble pie perhaps could be in store after beginning 3-0 but as I've stated before, there is definately talent on this team and the hard work from the past year has payed off. A little home cooking could be just what the doctor ordered this week as Fulton County,Kentucky and South Fulton comes to "Central Station" and the district schedule begins late next week with a trip to Gibson County.. Good luck Rebels ..

getcha popcorn ready /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the games over the week-end, as I was out of town, but from what I have heard, not what the Rebs were looking for post-Thnaksgiving. BUT, as my friend redbird said, the season is VERY YOUNG. Still alot of basketball left to play. This bunch can be very good, if things click and continue to improve as the season rolls on. Should be an ANGRY team that hits the floor tonight as Fulton Co. comes to the "Station" BE THERE!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From talking with some of the Rebel faithful, the young Rebs ( Boys ) will have their hands full most of the season and admitted to me that when the time comes and they play a team like Union City, it will get ugly from the start.

The Rebels basketball is like Union City Football, the right kids to play are walking the halls of the schools and aren't playing. Not knocking the kids playing now but the extra ( so to speak "Stars" ) kids aren't going out.

Good luck rebels, keep your heads high and play your hearts out each night like it is your last. Good things will come around.

Go Union City and Obion Central.......

I don't see how you can say that since you don't walk to halls. I don't think there's any better players at Central than what's on the court every game night. Look at all the other sports and tell me which of those kids would come out and put up twenty points for OC. That's right, no one. That is a slap in the face to those kids out there working their butts off for Central, honestly.I don't see how you can say that since you don't walk to halls. I don't think there's any better players at Central than what's on the court every game night. Look at all the other sports and tell me which of those kids would come out and put up twenty points for OC. That's right, no one. That is a slap in the face to those kids out there working their butts off for Central, honestly.

I don't see how you can say that since you don't walk to halls. I don't think there's any better players at Central than what's on the court every game night. Look at all the other sports and tell me which of those kids would come out and put up twenty points for OC. That's right, no one. That is a slap in the face to those kids out there working their butts off for Central, honestly.I don't see how you can say that since you don't walk to halls. I don't think there's any better players at Central than what's on the court every game night. Look at all the other sports and tell me which of those kids would come out and put up twenty points for OC. That's right, no one. That is a slap in the face to those kids out there working their butts off for Central, honestly.

I really don't think you read the statement I made above very well. I beleive I said, not knocking the kids that are out now but "Lacking" the true "stars". Then if they are on the court, why are some of the Rebels fans support saying the season will be another ,ogh one. Use to , the mens Rebel teams wouldn't get beat by Single A schools and already have lost back to back games to them and will loose another when they play Union City.

Then if the kids on the team you have now playing, they sure don't make them like they use to or I guess it is the style of change I can't get use to after the Whitby days. I know everone wishes he was back at Central Station.

Thats all I am saying.....we have been dealing with the same thing in football. I am NOT making a bad statement toward the Rebels....justr stating the facts.

Good Luck.

OC defeated Fulton Co. last night by 29 points, with Gilliam on the bench. He is vital to the team, but not the only gear in the machine. I agree with Pride&Tradition, there are no "stars" walking the halls. As with any other school, there are kids walking the halls that could contribute, but the "players" are on the floor at gametime. They improve daily and have my respect. The Rebels will return to form, and NOT everyone wishes Whitby was back.

Congrats to the Rebels on a solid performance last evening vs. Fulton Co. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> There were many players who took a step up and really elevated their game to another level and contributions came from everyone. Again the matchup zone/halfcourt defense gave the Pilots fits and really took them out of their offense.

Again, Coach Kail is making a difference with this boys program and with hard work and determination, these guys will make some noise and easily top the 8 wins they had last year /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Another home game vs. South Fulton this Saturday and then preparing for district play next week at Gibson Co.

Good luck Rebels and keep up the hard work /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A star is only a star if it shines, and these boys that give their all night in and night out as far as i am concern ARE SHINNING AND they are the STARS, AND i believe they have not shined their brighest yet, last night agains Fulton Co. KY. was the best "TEAM" EFFORT SO FAR THIS YOUNG SEASON, I believe they will improve and will get better as the season goes along. Roll on /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i say roll on /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> REBELS. 'I LOVE A GOOD BALLGAME" and last night was a lot of fun from a fans prospective. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers here on this subject. I like most everyone else like to see our local kids do well and glad the rebels are off to one of their best season in a while. I is nice though to have a so to speak "Star" on your team....a go to person that stands out from most of the kids.

You know...there is no "I" in team and that is what it takes to make the programs successful year in and year out. Leadership is also VERY important...most important to me. Even a kid who skills aren't the best can still be a star on the team if he is the leader(s) .

Good Luck Rebels...hope you make it to the state finals. We are all behind you 100%.

Question, why is Union City and Obion count only doing one game this year and not a home & Home like we always have....just wondering.

Great win over Fulton Co.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers here on this subject. I like most everyone else like to see our local kids do well and glad the rebels are off to one of their best season in a while. I is nice though to have a so to speak "Star" on your team....a go to person that stands out from most of the kids.

You know...there is no "I" in team and that is what it takes to make the programs successful year in and year out. Leadership is also VERY important...most important to me. Even a kid who skills aren't the best can still be a star on the team if he is the leader(s) .

Good Luck Rebels...hope you make it to the state finals. We are all behind you 100%.

Question, why is Union City and Obion count only doing one game this year and not a home & Home like we always have....just wondering.

Great win over Fulton Co.

Because with the limitations the T.$.$.A.A has put on the amount of games teams can play now it doesn't do any good,from UC's perspective,to play a team they will probably beat 20+ points twice,regardless of the gate....

while i'm not naive and realize the Rebels aren't as talented as UC, when the Tornadoes came to Troy last year they only lost by five if I remember correctly. No doubt OC's larger court and atmosphere is an advantage and I would have loved seeing Union City come to Central. I think it would be closer than many people believe, just like last year.