The Trojan-Spartan Battle

Trojantackle78

This next fridays game at Millington is gonna be a game. Without a doubt, the two best teams in the state are going to battle. With two opposite yet both very effective offenses, this game is once again(as did the millington-whitehaven game) going to come down to defense.Who wants to man-up and take the reigns is who is gunna come out on top.This is gonna be the battle of the year.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfishly on behalf of both teams I wish each of us could play Region 5 & 6 teams ( and win of course ! ) before we meet each other.

You guys have arguably one of the best running games, as well as the best defenses in the state. And it seems when you pass, you make a touch down about a third of the time. And we play at your place! Boy do we have our work cut out for us. I just hope we can give you guys a good game, we'll do our best.

How is parking around your stadium ? How soon do you suggest we get there in order to set up and do some tailgating ? It's been decades since I have been up to see a game. Let's hope the weather is good.

to tell you the truth parking stinks! the two small parking lots are filled then it starts filling over into the streets. So if you have tailgaiting in mind come EARLY!

usually the parking lots are filled at 6:15. the school is in the MIDDLE of millington, and there is really only one parking lot on campus that holds about 60 cars. i would advise you to get there before 6. and if those games in the past filled the parking lots up, imagine how many people are going to come to THIS game?!

this is not exactly how i hoped that millington would make it to state. i wish 2 of the top 3 teams in the state didnt have to go to war in the 3rd round. both teams could go farther than this, no doubt. but only one will advance.

the millington/WH game was rough for the fans. it was a very emotional roller coaster of events. the 2 fumbles that millington lost could have closed the game for good. one fumble was on fryerson around the 12 yd line. that would have put millington up 17-0. but alas, it didnt happen. the other fumble was the 27 yd return by WH that put them up 14-10. the most impressive play of the game(for me) was the option pass from fryerson to simpson.

not be bash my millington team, but they need to step it up on the pass defense against jeff link and co. this is going to be a slugfest between both teams. as much as i want this to be an easy game, i still stand behind what i said: the be the best, you must beat the best. this will be a low scoring game.

I tend to agree, it might be a low scoring game. So much depends upon our ability to slow down your running game. It's going to be a long night if we cannot at least cause you a little trouble.

So I guess we just park on the street, etc ? Do the police mind if we set up on the side of the streets for those who wish to tail gate, etc ?

yea sorry to say youre just going to have to get there early. we have cops EVERYWHERE. good luck though. idk if youve ever heard of the M&M bowl (millington vs munford), but people parked as far away as the middle school and walked half a mile to the stadium. i would be wise on when you leave to get here. everyone in millington will be at this game. gaurenteed

Millington had 254 yards rushing and was 5-9 for 67 yards passing.

Whitehaven had 95 yards rushing and was 10-25 for 171 yards passing.

Travis Simpson had 24 carries for 183 yards for Millington

Marcus Rucker had 4 catches for 99 yards receiving for Whitehaven.

Anything else?

It was nice meeting you last night MarkH. That was one whale of a ballgame. Both defenses had their hands full all night long. Millington had fits covering our WR's ... especially Rucker ... and as you can tell from the stats ... Simpson had a wonderful night. If you were at the game ... you would have to agree ... that was anybody's ball game last night. Whitehaven threw a long pass that scored but the officials called offensive pass interference. Man ... that call hurt! I wish Garrick would have thrown some more intermediate passes ... oh well.

For those guys on the WH sideline questioning Hightowers injury, let me just say ... I saw him after everyone had left and his inury was legit. He reaggrivated the high ankle sprain ... he probably shouldn't have tried to go that second time when he did. Man ... we had a lot of wounded folk last night. Whew!

Congradulations to the Millington Trojans on your hard faught win. The winner of this WS/Millington game should win the state tittle.

That was a war last night.

Whitehaven ... hold your head up high ... you did well ... now take some time off and then start preparing for next year.

It was nice meeting you last night MarkH. That was one whale of a ballgame. Both defenses had their hands full all night long. Millington had fits covering our WR's ... especially Rucker ... and as you can tell from the stats ... Simpson had a wonderful night. If you were at the game ... you would have to agree ... that was anybody's ball game last night. Whitehaven threw a long pass that scored but the officials called offensive pass interference. Man ... that call hurt! I wish Garrick would have thrown some more intermediate passes ... oh well.

For those guys on the WH sideline questioning Hightowers injury, let me just say ... I saw him after everyone had left and his inury was legit. He reaggrivated the high ankle sprain ... he probably shouldn't have tried to go that second time when he did. Man ... we had a lot of wounded folk last night. Whew!

Congradulations to the Millington Trojans on your hard faught win. The winner of this WS/Millington game should win the state tittle.

That was a war last night.

Whitehaven ... hold your head up high ... you did well ... now take some time off and then start preparing for next year.

are you reffering to the long pass caught but called back late 4th quarter? if so i was right there and he caught the ball with 1 foot out of bounds 3-6 inches. which scared the shart out of me