The Trojan-Spartan Battle

Trojantackle78

about the parking situation--

i just read in the commerical appeal that WS has already pre-bought 500 tickets. Millington is expecting 4000 people. there are only 2 lines to buy tickets, and one gate to get into the game. i would advise getting there before 6. happy waiting-- /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Parking is going to be an issue. I do believe that last week against WH that MCHS opened up a second gate against the gym on the visitors side of the field. Makes sense for all the fans that are headed that way.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather is going to chilly and with the rain today which is a lot of rain, the conditions will probably be less than perfect. The Field is in great condition and drains well but it is still going to be a soft damp surface. Hopefully after today the rain will stop.

Yep, I was in the neighborhood today and drove by the field. I didn't notice any mud pits or ponds out there. I think the field will be fine, and the parking situation will be as advertised. Hopefully they will open up the gates on the west side of the field. There's some parking on the grass possibilities there, depending on if they want cars on the grass.

Yep, I was in the neighborhood today and drove by the field. I didn't notice any mud pits or ponds out there. I think the field will be fine, and the parking situation will be as advertised. Hopefully they will open up the gates on the west side of the field. There's some parking on the grass possibilities there, depending on if they want cars on the grass.

Sorry to say that fine piece of realestate is the only practice ground millington has and hopefully they will need it next week.

THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME, PROBABLY THE BEST YOU ARE GOING TO SEE THIS YEAR. THE MILLINGTON, WHITEHAVEN GAME COULDVE BEEN A BLOWOUT. WHILE WHITEHAVEN COMPLAINS THAT THE REF GAVE THE GAME AWAY WITH THE PENALTY, HE CALLED 2 LEGITIMATE MILLINGTON TDS BACK. I THINK MILLINGTON WILL DO MUCH BETTER AGAINST THE PASS AND HOLDING ON TO THE BALL. WHILE EVERYONE BRINGS UP THE POSITION WHITEHAVEN HAD TO WIN IN THE MILLINGTON GAME, THEY ALSO HAD A POSITION TO WIN IN THE WHITE STATION GAME. I THINK BOTH TEAMS ARE WELL PREPARED IT JUST GOING TO COME DOWN TO WHO WANTS IT MORE!

Good observation on Major Wright. May be the most solid coach in Memphis. Again, W. Station will strike often and quick against Millington. Porous secondary will be Millington's downfall with them playing catchup all night. Wing t is not your catch-up offense. Congrats however to both teams for GREAT YEARS!!!

I agree that Major is one of the best coaches in west Tn just look at that schools football prior him taking the job they were an easy win for most everyone but the last several years they have been good. It is players that win games inspite of coaching and the team that has the players make the most plays wins because the coaches are just spectators once the ball is snapped. Millington Pass defense did look porous at time and i think whitehaven did a good job with formations and getting situations that suited them. I believe Millington will be prepared for the various offensive sets they expect from Wstation. The key will be what each shows that the other has not seen and how well the defenses adjust to them during the flow of the game. I agree the wingT is not a catch up offense unless you have two players that can take it to the house any play and i mean caught in the backfield to an 80yd TD, it happens qiuck when Knowlton and Simpson have the ball. I can tell you there is not going to be anyone on that field that can catch either of those two if they get loose. Wstation don't give any seems becasue they will reach the endzone faster than one of Links bomb to Hagga can get there.

It's gonna be a great game, can't wait.

I have one other question for anyone with info, Will Whitestation play there 4-3 with the cover 2 over the top or are they going to walk up on the outsides and show a 6-2 look with the cover 3 over the top.

Most teams good or bad commit to a 6 front against us to stop the run.

I bet is 6-2 all night long........ well nothing we haven't seen in he last 20 games.

Parking is going to be an issue. I do believe that last week against WH that MCHS opened up a second gate against the gym on the visitors side of the field. Makes sense for all the fans that are headed that way.

they didnt open up another gate that i know off. they did, however, sell tickets at the gym. i dont think that they let visitors walk thru the gym though, because that is where the visiting team gets ready. And there is no parking on the grass by the field. there is parking anywhere near the school. the middle school is where many people had to park for big games like this. also on WIlkinsville road (if you know where thats at) next to the methodist church, people will park on the grass (it is sorta the courtyard for the school).

I agree that Major is one of the best coaches in west Tn just look at that schools football prior him taking the job they were an easy win for most everyone but the last several years they have been good. It is players that win games inspite of coaching and the team that has the players make the most plays wins because the coaches are just spectators once the ball is snapped. Millington Pass defense did look porous at time and i think whitehaven did a good job with formations and getting situations that suited them. I believe Millington will be prepared for the various offensive sets they expect from Wstation. The key will be what each shows that the other has not seen and how well the defenses adjust to them during the flow of the game. I agree the wingT is not a catch up offense unless you have two players that can take it to the house any play and i mean caught in the backfield to an 80yd TD, it happens qiuck when Knowlton and Simpson have the ball. I can tell you there is not going to be anyone on that field that can catch either of those two if they get loose. Wstation don't give any seems becasue they will reach the endzone faster than one of Links bomb to Hagga can get there.

It's gonna be a great game, can't wait.

I have one other question for anyone with info, Will Whitestation play there 4-3 with the cover 2 over the top or are they going to walk up on the outsides and show a 6-2 look with the cover 3 over the top.

Most teams good or bad commit to a 6 front against us to stop the run.

I bet is 6-2 all night long........ well nothing we haven't seen in he last 20 games.

I'm a firm believer in our coaching staff. Not only are they very capable of preparing the team for each opponent they face, but they do things that are much more valuable. They teach these players how to become men. Things like responsiblity, good citizenship, achieving a work ethic, etc. Those are the lessons that will help these young men throughout their adult lives. Back to football, I'm not sure what alignment will be employed. But I think it's safe to say both teams plan on doing what has brought them to this point. I mean, both teams are 12-0, so they must be doing something right. I think it's going to be "this is what we do, this is who we are, try to stop us" appraoch by both teams.

I'm a firm believer in our coaching staff. Not only are they very capable of preparing the team for each opponent they face, but they do things that are much more valuable. They teach these players how to become men. Things like responsiblity, good citizenship, achieving a work ethic, etc. Those are the lessons that will help these young men throughout their adult lives. Back to football, I'm not sure what alignment will be employed. But I think it's safe to say both teams plan on doing what has brought them to this point. I mean, both teams are 12-0, so they must be doing something right. I think it's going to be "this is what we do, this is who we are, try to stop us" appraoch by both teams.

" But I think it's safe to say both teams plan on doing what has brought them to this point. I mean, both teams are 12-0, so they must be doing something right. I think it's going to be "this is what we do, this is who we are, try to stop us" appraoch by both teams."

That is a great statement, and that should be the mentality of the players and coaches. I think both coaches will have a wrinkle for the other but they will still dance with the one that brought them. OK thats enough sayings lets play ball.

Good Luck WStation and hope for and Injury free game. I' ll be back friday to see what new has poped up.

Well, I think this is the game i going to. My team (Ridgeway) was on the ropes this year. But all in all I just a big memphis football fan. Thought about going up to paris to see Melrose play, but Millington is much closer and should be just as good of a game if not better. Will be pulling for the spartans. good luck to both teams!

I will disagree with part of your statement, in that Wstation has better offensive players. I have seen both teams play and Wstation more than once. Whitehaven has as much talent on the offensive side as anyone in the state. I do think Wstation will be better coached and will execute better but ouside of Hagga and Sanders on the offensive side there are not many threats. Link throws to other receivers but outside of the TE who catches the ball well the others are very inconsistent. Millington will have to stop Sanders and the Counter play and that will help their efforts against the pass but if they let Sanders get off it will make it very difficult to effectively stop the pass. Millington has great team speed defensively and if use correctly they can nullify Sanders and Hagga. Those two players are great High School players and must be contained in order for Millington to Win. Once again this thread talks alot about the two offenses but it is ultimately the defense that will decide the game. Turnovers will be hugh again as they are in all playoff games. Millington is Healthy and Wstation is healthy so should be a war.

Cam6,

Sanders is a well-known, outstanding little RB, very speedy and slippery. Tough runner. You know what, though---that (WR) Martin Haga kid impressed me even more, on the 3 occasions that I've seen him!

Martin Haga is MR. CLUTCH, for White Station! Mr. Big Play. Money in the bank...

Let me tell you--you talk about having "soft" hands, big heart, a chin of steel, and ice water in his vains...this kid seems to catch EVERY pass thrown into his direction and make every crucial catch! Personally, I've never seen him drop a pass (though I'm confident that he's done so, at some point). It doesn't matter whether he's going across the middle, about to get the snot knocked out of him, or simply running a post route! The kid never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously, he's a Steve Largent-type of WR: Fearless. Tough. Determined. Reliable.... not the biggest, tallest or fastest player on the field, but runs great routes, has excellent hand-eye coordination, great concentration and has a knack for finding (and catching, of course) the football.

Mark my words: this Martin Haga kid is going to make an excellent Wide Receiver at the next level. You heard it here, first. Remember this kid's name--"Martin Haga."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, ok, ok......I'll get off my soap-box, now. I just got a little bit excited. Sorry. Anyway, back to the game....

I expect this to be an exciting game, Friday nite. Millington may very well win--who knows. One thing I do know is this: If Millington does not contain QB Jeff Link, expect a White Station victory. At the same time, don't be shocked should Martin Haga establish a new personal record for receiving yards.

I will disagree with part of your statement, in that Wstation has better offensive players. I have seen both teams play and Wstation more than once. Whitehaven has as much talent on the offensive side as anyone in the state. I do think Wstation will be better coached and will execute better but ouside of Hagga and Sanders on the offensive side there are not many threats. Link throws to other receivers but outside of the TE who catches the ball well the others are very inconsistent. Millington will have to stop Sanders and the Counter play and that will help their efforts against the pass but if they let Sanders get off it will make it very difficult to effectively stop the pass. Millington has great team speed defensively and if use correctly they can nullify Sanders and Hagga. Those two players are great High School players and must be contained in order for Millington to Win. Once again this thread talks alot about the two offenses but it is ultimately the defense that will decide the game. Turnovers will be hugh again as they are in all playoff games. Millington is Healthy and Wstation is healthy so should be a war.

Though I see your point, we are talking high school football here. And with that, overall WS has better offensive players than Whitehaven. As an example, at this level I would take Link, Haaga, and Sanders (by a slim margin) over their counterparts at Whitehaven. But, at the next level (college), I probably would not. This, combined with WS's coaching, team discipline, and solid kicking game, should result in the win that I am predicting. This should be a great game.

The game cannot get here soon enough. The anticiaption continues to build. For Millington to win the game They will have to control the clock with their running game. It will be the best Running game that W.S. has seen by far this year. If Millington is able to do this then that will in turn limit the number of snaps that Jeff Link and the Major Wright offense has. The less snaps they have, the less likely they are to have a BIG PLAY. In my humble opinion, Millington needs to jump on W.S. early. W.S. has played a lower level of competition the last 3 or 4 weeks and It is going to take a little time for them to adjust to the SPEED of the Game. During this adjustment period, Millington needs to jump out in front. If they do, It will be interesting how W.S. reacts to being behind. Conversely, If W.S. jumps out to an early two score lead, It will be interesting to see how the Trojan offense will be able to adjust. Millington is able to PASS the ball, but they are more comfortable when passing when they want to. They haven't been forced to PASS when they HAVE to yet. So, If they are forced to PASS, It will be interesting to see it they are, in fact, able to PASS.