CPA at LA

OldCatFan

OK I was at the game and am reading all this stuff on what a great game it was. The 3 mysterious factors were called referees. Until LA started fouling to put CPA on the free throw line late in the 4th the foul count was 17 on CPA, 4 on LA. Not to mention the riduculus no foul calls on LA and the numerous other bogus calls on CPA. Miller from CPA was practtically getting mugged evertime he touched the ball. Mason was called for his 3rd and 4th foul 1 minute into the third. Miller was called for his 3rd and 4th in a 10 second span with 4 minutes to go in the game. His fourth fould being called on him after he was shoved to the ground from behind. All CPA starters finished the game with 4 fouls each.

This is'nt sour grapes because CPA won the game. LA wants to call it pressure defense, in Nashville we call it home cooking. I have seen a lot of games in my day but that had to be the most biased one sided calling in one half that I have ever seen. I know LA is very passionate about their basketball and their fans were awesome but someone from LA needs to step up and as Paul Harvey used to say tell "The Rest Of the Story".

sir, we got our fair share of bad calls too, the Tech on Dunn, which there was contact, but they said he flopped...the once in a blue moon (if ever) double foul...the intentional foul....lets see, there is 6 points right there, because the double got 4 shots, the tech 2, and the intentional 2...it was a good game though, and i WILL NOT blame the loss on the referees...does anybody think that this may show that these are two of the top 8-10 in AA?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sir, we got our fair share of bad calls too, the Tech on Dunn, which there was contact, but they said he flopped...the once in a blue moon (if ever) double foul...the intentional foul....lets see, there is 6 points right there, because the double got 4 shots, the tech 2, and the intentional 2...it was a good game though, and i WILL NOT blame the loss on the referees...does anybody think that this may show that these are two of the top 8-10 in AA?

I think it's safe to say that this game was not the "norm". I really hate to say it but both teams have legitimate gripes. The refs totatlly blew it and I hope we never see them at another event. Old school attitude and whistle crazy. It took the game out of the boys hands which is a pathetic way to play a high school basketball game. I can't imagine that is how you're taught to call a game.

When will high school refs realize the HS game has gotten more physical and faster due to the increasing talent levels of the players? Pressure defenses are becoming common, players are quicker, and you have to allow some physical play or it is impossible to defend a bigger or stronger player.

You can't call a game these days the way you could a few years ago. The players and systems have changed and will continue to do so. What is a real shame is to see a good player have to spend the whole game on the bench becasue of tick tac fouls. It totally changes the game and deprives the fans of seeing the premier players compete.

When will high school refs realize the HS game has gotten more physical and faster due to the increasing talent levels of the players? Pressure defenses are becoming common, players are quicker, and you have to allow some physical play or it is impossible to defend a bigger or stronger player.

You can't call a game these days the way you could a few years ago. The players and systems have changed and will continue to do so. What is a real shame is to see a good player have to spend the whole game on the bench becasue of tick tac fouls. It totally changes the game and deprives the fans of seeing the premier players compete.

Dunn and Mason for example. Good post Dive.

I agree with all of these posts. The whistled fouls were ridiculuous. There was one veteran on the court that is a good official and the other two, let's just say that I don't think they would be calling this game after the regular season. I'm with OldCatFan, what where those calls? Never seen them called, especially a technical on an offensvie player that is shooting the ball, to call a flop. Isn't that call for a defensive player who has flopped faking a charge. I am not an expert on hoops so sorry if my questions sound stupid. lol.

I agree with all of these posts. The whistled fouls were ridiculuous. There was one veteran on the court that is a good official and the other two, let's just say that I don't think they would be calling this game after the regular season. I'm with OldCatFan, what where those calls? Never seen them called, especially a technical on an offensvie player that is shooting the ball, to call a flop. Isn't that call for a defensive player who has flopped faking a charge. I am not an expert on hoops so sorry if my questions sound stupid. lol.

Well I'm definately no expert either, but I talked to one today /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and he told me what happened on that play and that he had NEVER seen it called before! I didn't know even what had been called on the play until he told me.