CPA at LA

OldCatFan

this was one of the best ballgames i have seen in a while...both teams are hard working, LA shot 13-26 from the line...but do not think that is an excuse....these are two of the teams in AA that will be looked over, and will be in the tourney in march...good luck to CPA the rest of the way, hope to see you in March....LA, focus on Pickett, lets win

Who is overlooking CPA???? They get brought up in every topic.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not 100 % sure, I only saw them around 4 or 5 times last year. But I think Miller is number 3?? And Anderson is 12 or 14?? Anderson is the taller of the two. I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is right. Miller is the point gaurd. And Zeke is around 6'7 maybe half an inch taller.Oh I understand. I am just going by playing him in football and watching him play basketball against a 6'5 Kevin Giltner from Harpeth who he practically towers over. Giltner has probably grown a little since last year though. I am 6'4 and he definitely towered over me, just my opinion.

Z is more on the side of 6'6 (maybe a little taller) and miller and anderson are both around 6'1. The other two starters, Peterson and Reeves are both at 6'3.

Z is more on the side of 6'6 (maybe a little taller) and miller and anderson are both around 6'1. The other two starters, Peterson and Reeves are both at 6'3.

Heighth doesn't hurt, but that is not why CPA is good. They have 3 starters who have played together since 1st grade and have been "gym rats" their whole lives. They also have great coaching from Drew Maddux who has them playing a full court pressure defense. All have good size and shoot well, but are also very quick and athletic, including Mason, who, by the way, is pushing 6'5", no more.

By the way, Miller is the nephew of Mark Miller, lead singer for Sawyer Brown. Mark Miller was a very good college player in Florida.

Heighth doesn't hurt, but that is not why CPA is good. They have 3 starters who have played together since 1st grade and have been "gym rats" their whole lives. They also have great coaching from Drew Maddux who has them playing a full court pressure defense. All have good size and shoot well, but are also very quick and athletic, including Mason, who, by the way, is pushing 6'5", no more.

By the way, Miller is the nephew of Mark Miller, lead singer for Sawyer Brown. Mark Miller was a very good college player in Florida.

Are you trying to say Miller is a good singer as well??? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great game for both teams. LA trailed by 14 at the half, but I thought their full court man to man pressure defense really made a difference as they turned up the heat the second half and cut the lead to four with a couple minutes to go. Mason and Dunn both were in foul trouble in the second and had to sit a lot. Then Dunn fouled out. I was impressed with the way LA pounded the ball inside to Ramsey and Maclerran in the second half and took it to Mason, who by the way is awesome. Great game by two impressive teams.

Great game!. Both teams are excellent but CPA may have had the edge with size and firepower. LA may be one of the quickest teams and best shooting teams anyone would see this year. Well coached too.

CPA starters were all in foul trouble, but somehow (coaching) survived the 3d quarter with LA missing critical freethrows. CPA went into the half 17 up and ended the third quarter 11 up with only 2 starters on the floor. Good job guys!

Forth quarter with the starters back and pounding the ball inside and the rest is Z-istory. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't think we saw either team play their game. Three mysterious factors played into the game to the point of ridiculous. A rematch might come out the same but would definitely look different on both sides.

Both excellent teams that will win a lot of games.

Great game!. Both teams are excellent but CPA may have had the edge with size and firepower. LA may be one of the quickest teams and best shooting teams anyone would see this year. Well coached too.

CPA starters were all in foul trouble, but somehow (coaching) survived the 3d quarter with LA missing critical freethrows. CPA went into the half 17 up and ended the third quarter 11 up with only 2 starters on the floor. Good job guys!

Forth quarter with the starters back and pounding the ball inside and the rest is Z-istory. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't think we saw either team play their game. Three mysterious factors played into the game to the point of ridiculous. A rematch might come out the same but would definitely look different on both sides.

Both excellent teams that will win a lot of games.

Speaking of the mysterious factors--1. The double foul on the same play, both of which were on LA ,one on each side of the court. 2. The foul on LA away from the ball where CPA shot 2 free throws and got the ball also--what happened and what was the call?

OK I was at the game and am reading all this stuff on what a great game it was. The 3 mysterious factors were called referees. Until LA started fouling to put CPA on the free throw line late in the 4th the foul count was 17 on CPA, 4 on LA. Not to mention the riduculus no foul calls on LA and the numerous other bogus calls on CPA. Miller from CPA was practtically getting mugged evertime he touched the ball. Mason was called for his 3rd and 4th foul 1 minute into the third. Miller was called for his 3rd and 4th in a 10 second span with 4 minutes to go in the game. His fourth fould being called on him after he was shoved to the ground from behind. All CPA starters finished the game with 4 fouls each.

This is'nt sour grapes because CPA won the game. LA wants to call it pressure defense, in Nashville we call it home cooking. I have seen a lot of games in my day but that had to be the most biased one sided calling in one half that I have ever seen. I know LA is very passionate about their basketball and their fans were awesome but someone from LA needs to step up and as Paul Harvey used to say tell "The Rest Of the Story".

OK I was at the game and am reading all this stuff on what a great game it was. The 3 mysterious factors were called referees. Until LA started fouling to put CPA on the free throw line late in the 4th the foul count was 17 on CPA, 4 on LA. Not to mention the riduculus no foul calls on LA and the numerous other bogus calls on CPA. Miller from CPA was practtically getting mugged evertime he touched the ball. Mason was called for his 3rd and 4th foul 1 minute into the third. Miller was called for his 3rd and 4th in a 10 second span with 4 minutes to go in the game. His fourth fould being called on him after he was shoved to the ground from behind. All CPA starters finished the game with 4 fouls each.

This is'nt sour grapes because CPA won the game. LA wants to call it pressure defense, in Nashville we call it home cooking. I have seen a lot of games in my day but that had to be the most biased one sided calling in one half that I have ever seen. I know LA is very passionate about their basketball and their fans were awesome but someone from LA needs to step up and as Paul Harvey used to say tell "The Rest Of the Story".

Dude, me or you one just went to watch the cheerleaders(and I'm too old for that)! If I remember correctly,CPA was shooting the double bonus foul shots about half way through the second quarter. That comes after the other team is called for 10 fouls doesn't it? The rest of the story is LA got called for everything in the first half, CPA got called for everything in the second half--which balanced out pretty well I thought. I'll agree that the second half calls went in LA's favor, but I think you will agree that the first half went in CPA's favor! Refs must have watched the film of first half at halftime and decided to make up the difference! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I didn't see CPA get called for 2 fouls on the same play or get called for a foul where LA got 2 foul shots and the ball back! Seriously though,what was that call?