Harpeth vs. CPA

basktballa12

Livingston Academy is not Harpeth; I am sure that Coach Wilson would more than likely have something to take advantage a situation like that.

I'd like my odds alot better with Zeke on the bench. That's not a knock on the other players, but my scorecard had Zeke with 36, Miller with 17, then 6, 5, 2, 2 and one pts from the other guys. Admittedly, that's just one game, but I didn't see another post on the bench that's going to put up the same kind of production that #12 does and I like the way Harpeth matches up with the perimeter guys. Somebody said they hit 200 treys last year. Last night they made one of nine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like my odds alot better with Zeke on the bench. That's not a knock on the other players, but my scorecard had Zeke with 36, Miller with 17, then 6, 5, 2, 2 and one pts from the other guys. Admittedly, that's just one game, but I didn't see another post on the bench that's going to put up the same kind of production that #12 does and I like the way Harpeth matches up with the perimeter guys. Somebody said they hit 200 treys last year. Last night they made one of nine.

They did hit over 200 treys last year and they were not 1 of 9 because Mason hit two and miller and anderson each hit one, but they still had an off night and are capable of much more.

It seemed to me Harpeth felt like if they took the three away from CPA they could beat them but was not the case. Miller the leading 3 pt shooter for the team last year and only attempted 1 for the night and Anderson only attempted 2. It seems to me CPA is more about team ball and winning by what ever is right for the team they are playing against rather than trying to be the stats leader.

theres not a team in the state that has a post on the bench that could match Z's production also just wait til late in the season when the threes start falling for the guards of CPA like stated earlier CPA mad just 1-9 from threes (that three was hit by Z) and Harpeth still lost by 17

I don't know about that 'team in the state' bit. East Ridge has a post that's signed with UT. I imagine he could do some damage and Z is too small to play post at the next level. He's a good player though. He'd make a good 3 man. What is he, 6'4"?

Harpeth beat CPA at their place last year. I'm pretty sure Coach Wilson knows what it takes to beat CPA and it's not how his guards matched up. Harpeth's matchup problem for CPA plays post. Everybody knew that going in.

I don't want to belabor this point too much. Every scouting report is going to say to try to get the big man in foul trouble, defend the 3 and limit penetration. What part of that do you guys disagree with?

Livingston Academy is not Harpeth; I am sure that Coach Wilson would more than likely have something to take advantage a situation like that.

You are right about that(as the scores indicated). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Cutting the lead from 15 at halftime to 4 while this was going on would be considered taking advantage of the situation wouldn't it? But then Mason comes back in and takes over!

I don't know about that 'team in the state' bit. East Ridge has a post that's signed with UT. I imagine he could do some damage and Z is too small to play post at the next level. He's a good player though. He'd make a good 3 man. What is he, 6'4"?

Harpeth beat CPA at their place last year. I'm pretty sure Coach Wilson knows what it takes to beat CPA and it's not how his guards matched up. Harpeth's matchup problem for CPA plays post. Everybody knew that going in.

I don't want to belabor this point too much. Every scouting report is going to say to try to get the big man in foul trouble, defend the 3 and limit penetration. What part of that do you guys disagree with?

Losing Baker & Newton is why I picked Harpeth to finish #2 in the district. You can't just automatically replace two inside warriors like those guys were for the Indians.

Not sure what this means, but what about this. CPA hit 7 threes in the first half against LA. Did it ever occur to you that LA's post offense and dribble pentration were the reason that Mason was in foul trouble. Also, LA's Dunn was called for faking a foul (technical). Most thought there was contact by Mason, which would have had him fouled out instead of Dunn. Then there was that multiple, simultaneous foul on LA, the one where CPA scored 7 in one trip. Later they won by 7.

Don't mistake these for excuses. After LA missed 13 free throws, I think CPA deserved to win the game. They are extremely good. I just don't think its fair to compare LA and Harpeth, but the numbers speak for themselves. CPA beat LA by 7 and Harpeth by 17. Does it mean that LA is better? NO, but to assume that Harpeth would've done better in a certain situation is merely speculation.

Z was 6'4'' in 7th grade. 6'6'' now.

I do know CPA beat East Ridge in a Play Day at Siegal by 21. Jurick played the whole game and Z Mason was not even there because of football.

Harpeth Coach Wilson may know what it takes to beat CPA the problem he has is figuring out how to actually do it.

I agree with the CPA scouting report the problems teams are going to have is accomplishing it.

As far as the Livingston Game, Dunn got the T after throwing up his second 2 foot air ball and faking the contact by flopping for the second time. The only ones that thought there was contact was the LA crowd because if the refs thought Mason was even close to fouling they would have called it. I think the referee was just saving Dunn some embarassment. Dunn is too good of a player to resort to those kind of antics to make up for bad shot selections.

Harpeth and Livingston can talk their shoulda, coulda, woulda but the bottom line is they both got beat by CPA.