Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

if you know anything about football a true and i say true 4.5 is fast...

If you knew anything about reading comprehension, you would show me where I said 4.5 (true or not) was not fast. But if Hefney has 'great' speed, DeSean Jackson, Forsett, Harvin, D.J. Hall etc. must have super-duper speed because they all ran by Hefney. Is Rogan faster than Hefney because he took his job and now returns kicks and punts?

Vick's high school profile - Michael Vick 5'11" 185 lbs. 4.5 Warwick H.S. Newport News Va. Very similar numbers to Cobb. I'm not saying Cobb is Vick, or is as good as Vick, but the things he does well are very similar.

Vick's speed improved in 4 years and I'm sure Cobb's will as well in 4 years and Alcoachamp5 working with him. Plus Cobb only turned 17 this week. So, I think lot of growth and upside potential for Cobb is also very possible.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Rogers is a solid possesion receiver this season but that is only because this is the worst reciving core UT has had in years. There is no stalworth, meachem, swain, kent, washington, or price, they don't even have a brett smith this year. Lucas Taylor would play the slot on most receiving cores of the past and Rogers would probably be the 5th or 6th guy. UT's most talented WRs are two true freshman and JUCO transfer they just are not ready to play a significant role yet, Just wait Gerald Jones and Denarius Moore will have better years than Rogers next season.

Alcoa fans Randal is an outstanding player but you might be setting the bar to high if you expect him to be an SEC quaterback, height matters a lot to coaches at this postion and he is not the uber talented passer who can overcome this by making every throw he will be a GREAT player at the next level just not as a qb.

I hope Gones and Moore do great things at UT but O'Neal is looking more and more like a bust every day. Just because he is track speed fast doesn't mean he is more talented. Do you remember Leonard Scott at UT? This isn't even close to the best WR corp UT has had but they have been a pleasant suprise for this year. Taylor is statistacally having one of the best seasons in the SEC this year.

if you know anything about football a true and i say true 4.5 is fast...go work out with charlie petrone and see what cobb runs...i know from experience...gibril wilson ran a 4.63 the same day i ran a 4.65 with petrone...i go to the same combine wilson goes to and he runs a 4.54 and i ran a 4.59 and that is laser timed speed and it doesnt get more accurate than that....cobb may have speed but i promise you he does not compare to micheal vick in any way or fashion vick ran a 4.19 forty time????? that is faster than any quarterback in the history of football...he might be left handed and fast and elusive but to be compared to vick you have got to be kidding me...that has got to be the worste comparison i have ever heard...i like cobb and he is a heck of a kid but to say he is going to be great at ut no i dont think so but this is my opinion...a lot of people thought chris donaldson was going to start right away as a freshman this yr and be great...well from my understanding kevin simon says he is garbage and wont see any action for a while...cobb has what it takes to play at the 1aa level and maybe at a less competitive d1 school not in the SEC....and as for a forty time anyone can be fast on a hand timed forty...and on the track but you watch the nfl combine and tell me how many players actually run under a 4.4 even a 4.5...i promise you not very many and if you think rivals is correct think again...i went to athens at the nike combine and i ran a 4.42 and the best time was a 4.34 and they were hand timed...gladly i knew better than to think i was that fast but if devon hester can barely run under a 4.4 in the nfl combine then something is a little screwed up...ps reggie bush ran a 4.37 at the nfl combine and we all know how fast he is

You're not the only one that knows what speed is! Yes most of these 40 times are bogus, but I know for a fact that Cobb is no slower than a 4.6! I know he's as fast as Rogan was last year and he ran like a 4.5 or 4.6 right?? I promise you Cobb will be fast enough to play in the SEC when the time comes. This is coming from a guy who runs a 4.28 forty!

if you know anything about football a true and i say true 4.5 is fast...go work out with charlie petrone and see what cobb runs...i know from experience...gibril wilson ran a 4.63 the same day i ran a 4.65 with petrone...i go to the same combine wilson goes to and he runs a 4.54 and i ran a 4.59 and that is laser timed speed and it doesnt get more accurate than that....cobb may have speed but i promise you he does not compare to micheal vick in any way or fashion vick ran a 4.19 forty time????? that is faster than any quarterback in the history of football...he might be left handed and fast and elusive but to be compared to vick you have got to be kidding me...that has got to be the worste comparison i have ever heard...i like cobb and he is a heck of a kid but to say he is going to be great at ut no i dont think so but this is my opinion...

You're a "nut job" impersonating a player that some program might be interested in. It's easy to smoke a person like you out on these boards because you get on here spouting statistics off like you are some sort of prognosticator then you drop hints about yourself and who you know. You are a poser plain and simple and if you knew anything about Vick then you would know that he wouldn't have made a statement like that about himself as a high school qb since he actually idolized a cross town rival of his who went on to play in the NBA. And don't act like you know Randall as far as the Ole ball coach and Brian goes-he(Brian) was being looked at before Randall was throwing to him. BTW what big time SEC program is looking-has looked-or will be looking at you?

Since when is UT a "top" level SEC team. I don't see the "big orange" making any huge strides anytime soon.

I too think he will be a Wildcat. He doesn't want to wind up like Rogan does he?

Uh? A victory over the Wildcats put them in the SEC Championship game! What is Kentucky playing for?, the

Mt.Bud History Verizon Bowl in Creek Crack, North Dakota!!

I've seen Cobb play twice this year, I don't think I've ever bragged on an opposing players abilities as much as I have on Cobb, he is the real deal, and is D1 material no doubt, but if you really had his best interest at heart,

why in the world would you want him to go to Kentucky? I'm not saying he has to go to UT, but go to a school that competes for championships, (at least SEC championships). And I don't think he is going to step on the playing field as a freshman and "light it up" in the SEC, even great talent requires some degree of preperation for the jump from

high school to college football, (not all, but, most anyway). And I think when all is said and done, Roagan will leave with an outstanding career in hand playing for UT!

You're a "nut job" impersonating a player that some program might be interested in. It's easy to smoke a person like you out on these boards because you get on here spouting statistics off like you are some sort of prognosticator then you drop hints about yourself and who you know. You are a poser plain and simple and if you knew anything about Vick then you would know that he wouldn't have made a statement like that about himself as a high school qb since he actually idolized a cross town rival of his who went on to play in the NBA. And don't act like you know Randall as far as the Ole ball coach and Brian goes-he(Brian) was being looked at before Randall was throwing to him. BTW what big time SEC program is looking-has looked-or will be looking at you?

ha please tell me what i have to prove to you...i am just stating facts that i know and what statement are you referring to about vick? and if you noticed i worked out with wilson...that would make me a little older wouldnt you think or do you not pick up on things like that...i am just voicing my opinion on cobb and yes i do know cobb...do i know him well of course not...i have only been around him once but i got a very good feeling about him...and just because you are fast does not mean some sec team is looking at you...and i didnt go to an sec school and i have graduated and moved on in life...but i do keep up with these things in this area because this is where i grew up...as for cobb i hope he does great but i do not think he is able to play at ut...but with hard work and the right attitude he can do it...but not in the next two yrs

What did Rogan run the 100m in?? I bet it wasn't faster than that! What about Rogers?? You must be crazy. Maybe you should race Cobb and let him show you how fast he is. He's as fast as any qb in the SEC right now!

brent schaffer is pretty fast... and cobb is not on the same athleticism level as schaffer and that is a fact

ha please tell me what i have to prove to you...i am just stating facts that i know and what statement are you referring to about vick? and if you noticed i worked out with wilson...that would make me a little older wouldnt you think or do you not pick up on things like that...i am just voicing my opinion on cobb and yes i do know cobb...do i know him well of course not...i have only been around him once but i got a very good feeling about him...and just because you are fast does not mean some sec team is looking at you...and i didnt go to an sec school and i have graduated and moved on in life...but i do keep up with these things in this area because this is where i grew up...as for cobb i hope he does great but i do not think he is able to play at ut...but with hard work and the right attitude he can do it...but not in the next two yrs

There is nothing you could prove even if I were asking, which I was not....but the fact that coach "Cut" contacted Randall and Randall spent some personal time with UT on Monday proves that they are interested (looking at) in him playing for them. And I did pick up on your age thus the "looked at" part of my question. Oh yea here's your Vick statement:vick ran a 4.19 forty time????? that is faster than any quarterback in the history of football

Vick ran that in high school?

brent schaffer is pretty fast... and cobb is not on the same athleticism level as schaffer and that is a fact

I agree with what you are saying about 4.5 forty time thing, I knew ppl who used petrone and they basically said the same thing. As far as Cobb goes, IMO you are incorrect- 1st of all the kid has excellent mechanics for a hs qb and i'd go out on a limb and say that he is 1 of the top 3 qb's in the state. as far as him not being athletic enough to play in the sec...that's your opinion(what sec school do you scout for?) I don't think he is good as Rogan, but seeing rogan play in person more than a few times, he has a gear that 90% of college athletes don't have not to mention excellent quickness and vision...not so much his speed because I know shiverdecker had a better 100m time than him. That being said, i think everyone here would agree that rogan has more game breaking ability than shiverdecker. the real question is IF cobb decided to go to UT would they utilize him correctly whether it be qb,wr, or db? honestly, i think you probably have some kind of football knowledge, but your assessment of this kid isn't logical if you've seen him play and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care one way or the other for alcoa(farragut grad) so the real ? is what do you have against him or alcoa?

------------------------------------------

There is nothing you could prove even if I were asking, which I was not....but the fact that coach "Cut" contacted Randall and Randall spent some personal time with UT on Monday proves that they are interested (looking at) in him playing for them. And I did pick up on your age thus the "looked at" part of my question. Oh yea here's your Vick statement:vick ran a 4.19 forty time????? that is faster than any quarterback in the history of football

Vick ran that in high school?

i was wrong about that he did run that in the pros, but still you can not compare the two...and i have nothing against alcoa other than they do not play anyone but maryville...put them in 3a and throw scott county in region 1 and then see how they fair...by the way where is sommers going to end up i have a family member who knows him but they say even brian doesnt know what he is going to do...is he thinking prep school or juco?

i was wrong about that he did run that in the pros, but still you can not compare the two...and i have nothing against alcoa other than they do not play anyone but maryville...put them in 3a and throw scott county in region 1 and then see how they fair...by the way where is sommers going to end up i have a family member who knows him but they say even brian doesnt know what he is going to do...is he thinking prep school or juco?

Why do people like you think that 3a is so much better than 2a? Just because we're 2a doesn't mean we can't win it in 3a. Ask Fulton, AE, Lipscomb, whitehouse, and a few others if Alcoa can compete in 3a. Fulton beat us last year, but the year before we torched them. Lipscomb seems to be one of the best in 3a and we beat them a few yrs ago. Who would you like to see Alcoa put on their schedule?? Are you saying our athletes aren't as good as 3a athletes?? I hope not because I don't wanna start naming players.