Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

like rogan? whats that supposed to mean??? if you watched the game saturday you should have noticed rogan won the ballgame for ut in a sense...now rogan really shouldnt be playing right now and he was only a three star athlete coming out of high school...rogan is lucky to get on the field and he has done a heck of a job when he has gotten the oppurtunity, why wouldnt you want to end up like rogan getting moderate playing time at your best position...rogan was asked at the beginning of the yr what position he wanted to play and he said DB cause he knew he had the best chance of playing if he went that route...cobb couldnt make it at ut he isnt athletic enough to play WR and isnt fast enough to play safety so he might get shoved in at TE or LB but he would have to work on getting stronger

lol

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my reasoning for cobb is he isnt close to as good as the other athletes UT recruits...cobb would be great at a appy state or at a west virginia....at UT are you serious?? some other 6'6 QB would take precident over him and a 4.3 forty wr would be better than him and a 6'2 wr would be more ideal than him and then at DB he might survive but he isnt what ut likes at safety...exception heffney is 5'10 but he has GREAT speed...to me he is not and maybe could be a good player but not at ut...at the high school level and considering who they play...he is a great player but put him in a tough class and faster players tough game after tough game...sorry he wouldnt have the stats but he would be better off for college

ive watched him play 3 times. He is not ut material, he should stick with kentucky. He will probably just fade away at ut, like so many other locals.

Cobb is definately good enough to play at UT as a passer he is just as good as former Alcoa qb who had offers from loiusville and N.C. state among others on that level, he now starts at qb and punterfor the #4 ranked team in the njcaa and leads the njcaa in punting. Randal is definately a better runner than Fiegler. Because of his heigth he is not an ideal quaterback but he reciving skills are comprable to Lanxters who is at UK and he is definitely a better reciever than austin rogers who starts for the vols. I believe Alcoa held rogers to 8 yards total offense his senior year with 10 rushing and -2 recieving. so to say he won't make it at UT is inaccurate if Austin Rogers can make it any Alcoa standout could make it at UT.

my reasoning for cobb is he isnt close to as good as the other athletes UT recruits...cobb would be great at a appy state or at a west virginia....at UT are you serious?? some other 6'6 QB would take precident over him and a 4.3 forty wr would be better than him and a 6'2 wr would be more ideal than him and then at DB he might survive but he isnt what ut likes at safety...exception heffney is 5'10 but he has GREAT speed...to me he is not and maybe could be a good player but not at ut...at the high school level and considering who they play...he is a great player but put him in a tough class and faster players tough game after tough game...sorry he wouldnt have the stats but he would be better off for college

You must be out of your mind to say he couldnt play at ut. hes not fast enough? umm he ran 11.1 electronic timed 100 meters last spring. Hes more athletic than warren and that is really saying something. This post has got to be from someone who just wants to argue. If youve looked on rivals and saw his video there is no way in the world you could say that.

Cobb is definately good enough to play at UT as a passer he is just as good as former Alcoa qb who had offers from loiusville and N.C. state among others on that level, he now starts at qb and punterfor the #4 ranked team in the njcaa and leads the njcaa in punting. Randal is definately a better runner than Fiegler. Because of his heigth he is not an ideal quaterback but he reciving skills are comprable to Lanxters who is at UK and he is definitely a better reciever than austin rogers who starts for the vols. I believe Alcoa held rogers to 8 yards total offense his senior year with 10 rushing and -2 recieving. so to say he won't make it at UT is inaccurate if Austin Rogers can make it any Alcoa standout could make it at UT.

Why do you say this? Rogers has had his fair share of drops but he has been a very crucial third down target for UT.

What was so confusing about 8 yards total offense he did not deserve the offer and your absolutely right he has to lead the nation drops this season.

Because he had a bad game against a great team he's no good? By the way, I skipped over the 8 yards comment so my bad. I know his stats for this season are 49 Rec. 550 Yards 3 TD's. Not to shabby for a guy who didn't deserve a scholarship offer. Like i said, Rogers has had some drops but he has been very crucial on key plays.

if he was so good why wouldnt someone like the ole ball coach go after him?? he likes athletes...he was after brian sommers he must have not thought the qb throwing to him wasnt very good or he wouldve offered him a scholarship...by the way an 11.1 is decent speed maybe good speed for a qb but i promise you that an 11.1 will not impress any college coaches looking for speed in an athlete there are plenty others out there that run faster than that...bottom line one he will not sign with ut they are just trying to get some commits because a 2-9 team is kicking everyones butts in recruiting right now and not to mention miami is right in the mix with georiga tenn will have a horrrible class this yr but their recruits from last yr will help them be very good in the upcoming yrs