Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no surprise here...what's the deal on Duck and BW?

From what I hear on Duck, grades are still an issue, but its gonna be close.

BW is just an hours issue. He is not enrolled yet at UT and only has like 2 days to do so...He will probably be at Pellissippi during the summer and petition the NCAA for eligibility for the fall semester.

Both could go either way.

From what I hear on Duck, grades are still an issue, but its gonna be close.

BW is just an hours issue. He is not enrolled yet at UT and only has like 2 days to do so...He will probably be at Pellissippi during the summer and petition the NCAA for eligibility for the fall semester.

Both could go either way.

APB do you think Brandon's case for immediate eligibility will be a good as Tyler Smith's?

The situation does look similar to me....

APB do you think Brandon's case for immediate eligibility will be a good as Tyler Smith's?

The situation does look similar to me....

No, I don't but that is just MY opinion.

T Smith finished up his second semester @ Iowa, had his grades straight.

The NCAA and FSU has had it in for BW since he packed his bags after he was advised not to. If he would have just stayed in Tallahassee for three more months, we would not even be having this conversation right now.

He got some bad advice from sombody and now it has already cost him one year and we will have to see what happens in june.

No, I don't but that is just MY opinion.

T Smith finished up his second semester @ Iowa, had his grades straight.

The NCAA and FSU has had it in for BW since he packed his bags after he was advised not to. If he would have just stayed in Tallahassee for three more months, we would not even be having this conversation right now.

He got some bad advice from sombody and now it has already cost him one year and we will have to see what happens in june.

This is all so sad...

• 9 months later...

Alcoa fans Randal is an outstanding player but you might be setting the bar to high if you expect him to be an SEC quaterback, height matters a lot to coaches at this postion and he is not the uber talented passer who can overcome this by making every throw he will be a GREAT player at the next level just not as a qb.

In light of Cobbs recent success I felt that it would be kinda funny to post this b/c I remembered this post in particular and I always believed that if put in th right offense/situation Cobb could not only could play QB in the SEC, but be a very effective one. I know it is still early but it is looking promising atm.....

In light of Cobbs recent success I felt that it would be kinda funny to post this b/c I remembered this post in particular and I always believed that if put in th right offense/situation Cobb could not only could play QB in the SEC, but be a very effective one. I know it is still early but it is looking promising atm.....

Thanks for digging this up Kevin! Thats funny /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This makes two that were missed because of height.Jabari Tuani of B.A. at Navy is the other.That is why I am slow to call a kid a bust,I usually call the reruiting staff a bust because they trust a measuring tape more than demonstrated ability.

The name says it all..........That'll teach my wife not to make dumb posts.....LOL