Andre Sterling

braves4life

Where are you getting the stats? What does 'dre have and what is the record? Is the record stat from murphy fair? I am confused. He is def. an amazing back though. I can still remember his 95yd td run vs. Powell his sophomore year. simply amazing. I wish the farragut football website would post his 1st TD vs. DB. That was ridiculous.

I agree with what someone else said. The Ooltewah players were clearly egging him on. They knew they had to do something to win that game. they chose try to get him kicked out. They failed.. and lost the game.

knoxpreps.com did an article on it. i will pull it up in a minute. yea that run against powell was simple amazing. and ya i cant wait till they post the DB highlights on the website..

Ouch guys can we not bring up the Powell run lol. Seriously though the kid is a stud. I was playing linebacker on that play. I just remember seeing Iso and coming up hard to fill B gap and then before I knew what hppened he had bounced it outside and was outrunning our contain guy and then out running the angle that the backside corner had on him....still haunts me to this day lol. At least Kenny Cruz got you guys back the year after with his amazing game at Powell lol.

D Rog was a great player though. not taking that way from him, but Somehow I don't think he would have been as amazing if he were in 5A.. I dunno though. I don't watch too many 3A games.

yea, your probably right Ihavenofriendzz knoxville 5A football is much better then the division that Rogan plays in now. That pathetic ole SEC garbage. Give me a break I played against Rogan in scrimmages and he would be dominant on any level any where in the country and now hes showing it.

So like I said I played against both and I don't really think I can say that one is better then the other. I don't think that Sterling has the ability to do the things that Rogan is doing now at such a high level. With that said I think if Sterling were to go to say like a mid major type D1 program he could be a very very impressive RB. That's just my two cents...I could be way way off.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i kind of see where your coming from. but really, who does fulton play? Andre plays in probably the toughest region in the state this year, and still has all of those yards. Just sayin

Fulton plays in the toughest region, by far, in the state in 3A. Region 2 has won the title 5 out of the last 6 years. I can't recall the last time a 5A school, from this part of the state, winning it all. I know Oak Ridge made it to the championship 2 years ago and was beat by Ravenwood, but that's the closest I remember in the last several years. Again, I know 3A & 5A are different, but not THAT much different. Heck, I would have put Alcoa's teams the past few years, especially last year (we played them), against anybody in the state, including 5A. That team was loaded with college prospects and were 2A. The only difference in 3A & 5A is the number of the total student body. I saw Smyrna and Ravenwood battle in the 5A championship game last year and I'm certain we could have competed. Gary Rankin made the comment in Murfreesboro that the Falcons were "as good as anybody here". We played some stiff competition, some athletic (AE & Pearl-Cohn), some fundamentally sound Wing-T squads (Catholic & David Lipscomb). It's never "easy" to win state, no matter the classification.

Fulton plays in the toughest region, by far, in the state in 3A. Region 2 has won the title 5 out of the last 6 years. I can't recall the last time a 5A school, from this part of the state, winning it all. I know Oak Ridge made it to the championship 2 years ago and was beat by Ravenwood, but that's the closest I remember in the last several years. Again, I know 3A & 5A are different, but not THAT much different. Heck, I would have put Alcoa's teams the past few years, especially last year (we played them), against anybody in the state, including 5A. That team was loaded with college prospects and were 2A. The only difference in 3A & 5A is the number of the total student body. I saw Smyrna and Ravenwood battle in the 5A championship game last year and I'm certain we could have competed. Gary Rankin made the comment in Murfreesboro that the Falcons were "as good as anybody here". We played some stiff competition, some athletic (AE & Pearl-Cohn), some fundamentally sound Wing-T squads (Catholic & David Lipscomb). It's never "easy" to win state, no matter the classification.

i was talking about this year.. and this year the toughest region was region 2-5A.

I think Sterling would be successful no matter where he went for college. He reminds me alot of Travis Stephens,one of my all time favorite UT running backs. I have a question,how well does he catch? I have never seen him catch a pass,and I know you can say he can just run everytime and be successful right now,but as far as his college career goes he has potential to be alot better if he can catch out of the backfield.

i was talking about this year.. and this year the toughest region was region 2-5A.

That's yet to be determined. If someone makes it out of that region, and doesn't win it all, then it will not be the toughest region. The reason we can say Region 2-3A is the toughest region is because whoever makes it out of that region, usually wins State. That is a real possibility this year as well. We shall see as the final rounds play out. Regardless, the topic was about Sterling and I think he deserves to play big-time college football, like Rogan, and is a quality running back. I'll be pulling for the Admirals to bring the gold ball back to East TN. Who knows? Maybe Alcoa can win it in 2A, Fulton in 3A, Maryville in 4A, and Farragut in 5A. That would almost be a clean sweep for East TN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I saw the the William Blount game and feel Sterling is one of the better backs I've seen in high school. However, with that said I wouldn't say he is better than Rogan. Alot of factors not only classification. How about offensive lines and teams ablility to throw etc. I'm curious about the average yard per carry for both. Travis Cozart who came out of Lenoir City that is currently in jail was better than both and would've been a top 10 NFL draft pick only rushed for about 1,500 yards in high school. Still was tennessee's starting tailback till he was dismissed from the team in early 90's. Also the record holders in tennessee aren't house hold names. Please I'm not taking anything away from the stats but Rogan has proven it at UT but I think sterling should get that chance from what I've seen.

I saw the the William Blount game and feel Sterling is one of the better backs I've seen in high school. However, with that said I wouldn't say he is better than Rogan. Alot of factors not only classification. How about offensive lines and teams ablility to throw etc. I'm curious about the average yard per carry for both. Travis Cozart who came out of Lenoir City that is currently in jail was better than both and would've been a top 10 NFL draft pick only rushed for about 1,500 yards in high school. Still was tennessee's starting tailback till he was dismissed from the team in early 90's. Also the record holders in tennessee aren't house hold names. Please I'm not taking anything away from the stats but Rogan has proven it at UT but I think sterling should get that chance from what I've seen.

I agree FLMS, the Vols should definitely take Sterling . I think he would do great at UT and I was thinking the same thing, he reminds me of Travis Stephens too.

I think Sterling would be successful no matter where he went for college. He reminds me alot of Travis Stephens,one of my all time favorite UT running backs. I have a question,how well does he catch? I have never seen him catch a pass,and I know you can say he can just run everytime and be successful right now,but as far as his college career goes he has potential to be alot better if he can catch out of the backfield.

andre can catch the ball, he has pretty good hands as well. he just doesn't get the ball thrown to him mainly because we have 4 good wideouts. i'd say he's caught only about 7 passes this year. but they've all been for first downs.

That's yet to be determined. If someone makes it out of that region, and doesn't win it all, then it will not be the toughest region. The reason we can say Region 2-3A is the toughest region is because whoever makes it out of that region, usually wins State. That is a real possibility this year as well. We shall see as the final rounds play out. Regardless, the topic was about Sterling and I think he deserves to play big-time college football, like Rogan, and is a quality running back. I'll be pulling for the Admirals to bring the gold ball back to East TN. Who knows? Maybe Alcoa can win it in 2A, Fulton in 3A, Maryville in 4A, and Farragut in 5A. That would almost be a clean sweep for East TN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

just b/c someone doesnt win state doesnt mean it isnt the toughest, for example if you ranked teams in stars and you had a region with four four star teams and then a region with one five star team and then a bunch of ones and twos and that five star team ends up beating one of the four stars that doesnt make the five star's region any better....

just b/c someone doesnt win state doesnt mean it isnt the toughest, for example if you ranked teams in stars and you had a region with four four star teams and then a region with one five star team and then a bunch of ones and twos and that five star team ends up beating one of the four stars that doesnt make the five star's region any better....

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I don't understand the "recruiting star" example...but anyways. Here's my point. A region is considered "tough" when a team finishes 4th in that region, goes 5-5 in the regular season, and still wins the State Title. Livingston Academy did this out of region 2-3A in 2005. That's right. Won the state with 5 losses, beating region 5's best squad in David Lipscomb, who was 13-1 going into that game. What you're saying is that if a region's best team cannot beat another region's best team, then that doesn't mean that region isn't weaker? Region 2-5A is not the toughest region anyways. I'm a 3A guy and don't know a ton about 5A, but upon a little research, I discovered that region 4-5A contains Riverdale, Smyrna, and Wilson Central. All those teams had at least 9 or 10 regular season wins, with Riverdale and Smyrna winning the State Championship over the past 4 years. Region 2-5A contains Farragut, William Blount, McMinn County, Oak Ridge, etc. The only one of those schools that could maybe compete with Smyrna, who didn't even win their region, would maybe be Farragut, who I don't recall even making a championship game in forever, if ever.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I don't understand the "recruiting star" example...but anyways. Here's my point. A region is considered "tough" when a team finishes 4th in that region, goes 5-5 in the regular season, and still wins the State Title. Livingston Academy did this out of region 2-3A in 2005. That's right. Won the state with 5 losses, beating region 5's best squad in David Lipscomb, who was 13-1 going into that game. What you're saying is that if a region's best team cannot beat another region's best team, then that doesn't mean that region isn't weaker? Region 2-5A is not the toughest region anyways. I'm a 3A guy and don't know a ton about 5A, but upon a little research, I discovered that region 4-5A contains Riverdale, Smyrna, and Wilson Central. All those teams had at least 9 or 10 regular season wins, with Riverdale and Smyrna winning the State Championship over the past 4 years. Region 2-5A contains Farragut, William Blount, McMinn County, Oak Ridge, etc. The only one of those schools that could maybe compete with Smyrna, who didn't even win their region, would maybe be Farragut, who I don't recall even making a championship game in forever, if ever.

ha lets see at at least one point in the season farragut, william blount, ootelwah, and oak ridge were all in the top ten in 5A is that not good?