Andre Sterling

braves4life

ha lets see at at least one point in the season farragut, william blount, ootelwah, and oak ridge were all in the top ten in 5A is that not good?

That means nothing. In 3A last year, Carter from Region 1-3A was ranked in the Top 5 in 3A and we beat them 48-3. Farragut is a really good football team, no doubt. They have the best shot to win it in 5A. As for William Blount, Ooltelwah, and Oak Ridge...not overly impressive 5A schools. William Blount was blown-out last week by Bearden, as was Ooltewah in the 1st round, and Oak Ridge didn't make it past the 1st round as well. The playoffs are the deciding factor over a region's true toughness. I watched the Riverdale & Smyrna game on T.V. this year, who are both in region 4, and they both looked better to me than any region 2 team I've seen thus far. I believe Wilson Central, also in region 4, knocked Riverdale out of the playoffs, so they must be really good as well. They have also won 2 of the last 4 State Titles. That shows a region's toughness, being playoff proven. I'm pulling for Farragut to go all the way, or Bearden. I would like to see the eastern part of the state win it in 5A, which hasn't been done for awhile now. To say that region 2 is tougher than region 4 in 5A though, I just don't see it.

As for the original topic at hand, I'm a Sterling fan all the way. I don't think he's better than Rogan, but that's a matter of opinion.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means nothing. In 3A last year, Carter from Region 1-3A was ranked in the Top 5 in 3A and we beat them 48-3. Farragut is a really good football team, no doubt. They have the best shot to win it in 5A. As for William Blount, Ooltelwah, and Oak Ridge...not overly impressive 5A schools. William Blount was blown-out last week by Bearden, as was Ooltewah in the 1st round, and Oak Ridge didn't make it past the 1st round as well. The playoffs are the deciding factor over a region's true toughness. I watched the Riverdale & Smyrna game on T.V. this year, who are both in region 4, and they both looked better to me than any region 2 team I've seen thus far. I believe Wilson Central, also in region 4, knocked Riverdale out of the playoffs, so they must be really good as well. They have also won 2 of the last 4 State Titles. That shows a region's toughness, being playoff proven. I'm pulling for Farragut to go all the way, or Bearden. I would like to see the eastern part of the state win it in 5A, which hasn't been done for awhile now. To say that region 2 is tougher than region 4 in 5A though, I just don't see it.

As for the original topic at hand, I'm a Sterling fan all the way. I don't think he's better than Rogan, but that's a matter of opinion.

yes it does help a region to look tough how they do in the playoffs but there are also ten games in the regualr season and then they only play one in the playoffs those ten games can be great for teams and then they have slips uos in the playoffs, injuries come into the picture as well playoffs isnt everything b/c it is just a small fraction of most teams seasons the other ten games mean a lot too....

If you want to know how Andre acted after the game, I'll tell you. He walked off the field without shaking hands at all. He then preceded to the locker room, where the word is he was throwing things. After that he went into the parking lot and when people were honking their horns to celebrate the victory, he got mad and punched windows. I wish he had broken mine because then I could disgrace his attitude on more than a message board. Don't get me wrong, Andre is a great football player, just not last night. GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!

Great player. Great season. Great career.

Last night, however, Sterling and the rest of the Farragut offense ran into a brick wall -- a great Bearden defense. I didn't see Sterling do anything that could be construed as classless or unsportsmanlike. It was a tremendous effort by the Bulldogs -- hopefully, they've got 2 more like that left in the tank!

BTW, who's monitoring this thread?! The Farragut kid/Braves fan needs to be shut down -- he's vulgar, ridiculous and an embarrassment to himself and his school.

William Blount isn't an overly impressive team? Hahaha thanks I needed a laugh as humor is hard to come by for me recently.

What's so funny? They got blew-out 30-0 come playoff time didn't they? Are you saying they're impressive or agreeing with me? Anyways. Region 2, like I said, not the toughest region in 5A this year. Their top team, Farragut, gets beat by 2 TD's in the 3rd round. Same oh, same oh.