Andre Sterling

braves4life

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting the stats? What does 'dre have and what is the record? Is the record stat from murphy fair? I am confused. He is def. an amazing back though. I can still remember his 95yd td run vs. Powell his sophomore year. simply amazing. I wish the farragut football website would post his 1st TD vs. DB. That was ridiculous.

I agree with what someone else said. The Ooltewah players were clearly egging him on. They knew they had to do something to win that game. they chose try to get him kicked out. They failed.. and lost the game.

u dont have a clue what ur talking about

Who cares what the kid did in highschool lol!!! have you seen him at UT? AMAZING!! I have a class with the kid and just looking at him I never would have thought that he could move as quick and is as strong as he his. He has a future if he keeps it up

I didn't say he was bad did I? No. Don't teams recruit players based on what they do in high school and in camps while they are in high school? Ok thank you.

How do all these people know me? peytonmanning who are you? braves who are you?

Andre Sterling is the real deal. I've seen him play on T.V. a couple of times, and he has definitely convinced me of just how good he is. I played with Dennis Rogan over at Fulton and have seen Andre play a few times...and would have to say, in my opinion, Rogan was a better running back. Numbers can be deceiving sometimes. Sterling does have more yards through 12 games than Dennis had through 15, but Rogan didn't even hardly play the whole 2nd half in about 4 games last season because we were beating teams so badly. He could have had another 500 yards or more, at least, had he played until late in the 4th in the those games. Rogan also has 3 State Championships to his credit. Sterling, at this point, has none. I know it's 3A & 5A, but still, State Titles are tough to come by regardless, so until Andre carries his team to State this year and is the BlueCross Bowl MVP, as Rogan did last year, than Dennis will always have that edge.

It is too bad to be better than someone your TEAM has to win state. Sterling didn't play the whole 2nd half in about 5 games.. He could easily have had more than 500yards for himself as well.. especially against Bradley and Heritage. Heck in the Bradley game I don't even tihnk he played the whole 1st half.

I didn't say you HAD to win State, but I've seen Sterling play and he is a really good football player. Barring putting Dennis and Andre on the SAME team, against the SAME opponent, and seeing who performs better...than it's impossible to say for sure. Am I bias? Sure. I played with Rogan for 4 years. I've seen Sterling play 3 or 4 times on T.V. and that's the extent of it. I just have to say, as far as athletic ability, Rogan has the edge IMO. Sterling is a very strong back, hard to tackle. Rogan did some amazing things on the field as well. I just think it adds a HUGE notch in someone's belt if they have State titles and a State Title game offensive MVP to their credit. Dan Marino was a great NFL QB, Hall of Famer. No Super Bowl rings and that will always haunt him. Tom Brady may, or may not, be as good as Marino, but he has 3 Super Bowl Titles. I think it speaks volumes for players when they can carry a team to a title.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I've seen the kid play almost every game the last two seasons, and i've yet to hear one person on this board talk about how he has had ppl go at him out of bounds or the ooltlewah game where they tackled him 10 yards out of bounds and tried to fight him. It seems a bit odd that the ppl who complain about this kids attitude neglect to mention was is being said to him.

How about when he was kickng players on our sideline when he was out of bounds? Neglect to mention that?

I didn't say you HAD to win State, but I've seen Sterling play and he is a really good football player. Barring putting Dennis and Andre on the SAME team, against the SAME opponent, and seeing who performs better...than it's impossible to say for sure. Am I bias? Sure. I played with Rogan for 4 years. I've seen Sterling play 3 or 4 times on T.V. and that's the extent of it. I just have to say, as far as athletic ability, Rogan has the edge IMO. Sterling is a very strong back, hard to tackle. Rogan did some amazing things on the field as well. I just think it adds a HUGE notch in someone's belt if they have State titles and a State Title game offensive MVP to their credit. Dan Marino was a great NFL QB, Hall of Famer. No Super Bowl rings and that will always haunt him. Tom Brady may, or may not, be as good as Marino, but he has 3 Super Bowl Titles. I think it speaks volumes for players when they can carry a team to a title.

ok i kind of see where your coming from. but really, who does fulton play? Andre plays in probably the toughest region in the state this year, and still has all of those yards. Just sayin