Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

Lets face it, Alcoa is just too good. I think Coach Rankin should just pull out the Goodpasture tape and game plan them for the boro. They can keep practices light this week, maybe just a walk through on thursday. Parents and fans get your hotel reservations ready, if you haven't already. Get your day off set for next friday, travel day. I mean Alcoa is too good, faster than any high school team that has ever played the game, totally unbeatable(EXCEPT FOR MARYVILLE). Poor DCA, too slow, can't run, can't pass, never played a team nowhere near as good as Alcoa, the best High School team in America ( except for Maryville). They should never have beat the powerhouse York, with all their speed, and they should never have beat Tyner, they had 8 running backs that are faster than anybody elses, and lets not forget Bledsoe County, they were tougher than any one else, and now they get Alcoa, the best coached, most talented High School team that has ever played the game. My ole My, what a prize for kicking York's tail, having to face super team! I am sure the DCA players are shaking in their Nikes. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Pretty close even if sarcasm was added.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some earlier posts there was talk of a few of Alcoas players being injured. Is everyone ok and will you guys be back at full strength? By the way, you haven't seemed to slow down much even with your hurt guys.

It's kind of funny to see people say this might be a closer game than people may think, then predict a five touchdown margin of victory.

That's when you know you are the best. Good luck to both teams

We have a couple guys banged up- some key players got some rest last night so there where no re-injuries or anything like that. I think everyone will get some practice time in this week so they should be well prepared for this next game. Alcoa is a very good team, but they are young-that's pretty much why Rankin played his young players so long against GP. DCA is very solid with some talent at key positions it should be a very good game. I think it will be a shoot out especially if Alcoa can't get pressure on DCA's qb and allow their receivers to get behind their coverage or catch short and run. Alcoa will score no doubt about that as always it's up to the other team to slow down the F5...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

We have a couple guys banged up- some key players got some rest last night so there where no re-injuries or anything like that. I think everyone will get some practice time in this week so they should be well prepared for this next game. Alcoa is a very good team, but they are young-that's pretty much why Rankin played his young players so long against GP. DCA is very solid with some talent at key positions it should be a very good game. I think it will be a shoot out especially if Alcoa can't get pressure on DCA's qb and allow their receivers to get behind their coverage or catch short and run. Alcoa will score no doubt about that as always it's up to the other team to slow down the F5...

That's good, I think DCA, while maybe a little banged up, should be at full strength also. From what I've seen DCA does have a very good passing game, good receivers that can run and a QB that can get them the ball. Has Alcoa played any teams with a good passing game this year? I won't ask how they did, I think I know the answer. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The loss this past Friday night for Asby and his fellow Dragon fans told them that, although they have a good football team and have had a good year that they are still a long way from being able to talk about playing in the state championship. My last visit up to the Dragon Pit was full of cocky arrogant people, talking about "beating Alcoa," "playing at home until the state championship," and things to that nature. If the players thought like the fans, they were definitely overlooking a very good DCA club. It didn't even take the University of Alcoa to humble them. Alot of people think I am a sore loser over the YAI/SC game, but that is not it at all. SC hasn't won a state championship yet, therefore meaning they have lost every year to someone. I have never hated like this after any SC loss or any loss I have ever been associated. If you weren't there, you have no idea of the degree. I guarantee DCA experienced some of that. Anyways, good luck to DCA, I think your gonna need it. Alcoa has the type of atheletes that we dream about having. Actually, just one or two would be nice. It will end someday maybe, but until then, they will continue to make all of the AA schools look like they are a lower level.

Heard the Wildcats ran out of the sign and run down to York's "house." Heard that some of the players come out to "protect their house." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What happened to that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This will be Alcoa's toughest game to date in this years playoffs. I would like to see the underdogs DCA win. It will be a real test for Alcoa. I see Alcoa winning a closer game than most people think..a real squeaker...

Alcoa - 27

DCA - 21

If DCA can control the clock and capitalize on turnovers they may pull the big upset.

The voice of reason....that's a refreshing change!

Logic says the F5s should blow little DCA away (and they very well might do that). But logic doesn't win or lose ballgames, players do. And sometimes a group of tight knit seniors that really enjoy playing for each other can make a difference; maybe even overcome overwhelming odds to avoid being 'blown' off the field by a clearly superior opponent.

Not much discussion about defense in these posts (or maybe I just overlooked it), but that should be the real difference maker in this game. DCA gave up 31 only once this season, and that was in an uncharacterist 6 turnover night that had us defending what seemed like a 30-yard football field for more than half the game. On the flip side, Alcoa can't seem to score fewer than 50 no matter how hard they try. We should find the final score somewhere in between those two extremes.

If the players will get as excited about this thing as we all seem to be, it should be a heck of a game!

DCABooster:

Alcoa has only scored more than 50 points in the last 2 games by design. We've scored 49 in a few, but not 50.

Alcoa's defense is very good when they actually scout the other team (the game against CAK last week, for example). One game we had a player with 5 sacks, and he was only at about 75% due to an injured back.

Looks like it's experience vs. youth, although our young starters are playing like veterans. How many seniors are on DCA's team?

To DCA fans:

Visitor parking is at the middle school. There is a bathroom for visitors in the gym at the end zone.

I always feel sorry for the visitors who don't know that and come through the Alcoa fans for the bathroom or to get in the game.

Have a safe trip up on Friday!

DCABooster:

Alcoa has only scored more than 50 points in the last 2 games by design. We've scored 49 in a few, but not 50.

Alcoa's defense is very good when they actually scout the other team (the game against CAK last week, for example). One game we had a player with 5 sacks, and he was only at about 75% due to an injured back.

Looks like it's experience vs. youth, although our young starters are playing like veterans. How many seniors are on DCA's team?

To DCA fans:

Visitor parking is at the middle school. There is a bathroom for visitors in the gym at the end zone.

I always feel sorry for the visitors who don't know that and come through the Alcoa fans for the bathroom or to get in the game.

Have a safe trip up on Friday!

I think I counted about 14 seniors the last time they were out on the field holding hands. Our talent runs younger, too, however...both on the line and in the skill positions. In fact, I told another DCA Dad just last week that next year's team has lots of potential to go beyond what this team has accomplished. It should be fun to watch.

But most of this senior group has been together through baseball-basketball-football since 6th grade or longer. They're friends. There is no finger pointing when it goes South. Touchdowns are team accomplishments, no matter which number crosses the goal line with the ball.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the bathroom etiquette. Just to be safe, we may stop at a Hardees before heading in. ::::))