Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

yes, Rankin is a good coach, it makes things a lot easier when he was at Murf-River to coach when you had 1000 kids to chose from and 85 players on the football team, and only 2-3 at the most playing both ways. not to mention some of the 5A schools at the time were alittle weak

Some of his best years at Riverdale...there were several playing both ways. I remember one year there was about 8.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of his best years at Riverdale...there were several playing both ways. I remember one year there was about 8.

Yes I remember as well. Honestly, the whole thing with "playing both ways" is way overblown IMHO. They key is to have a good set of lineman that can rotate on the defensive line. 3 or 4 Receivers/Backs that can rotate/double as DB's or LB's. The same can be said with Receivers and Runningbacks doubling or interchanging between those roles. Coach Rankin does a great job with this aspect of the high school game. 17-18 quality players and you are set.

What will the DCA Wildcats be doing on Championship Friday, December 7?

You can like it, or you can lump it. It's the best thing going today...WOO!

Alcoa is like Space Mountain...It's the oldest ride in the park...But its' still got the longest line!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Rick Flair.......I love it!

I like this thread, guys talking football instead of a bunch of smack, think I will just hang out here until the GP-Peabody game is over!

Oh, and one more thing... not only do the talk smack, show lots of pretty pictures and neat little videos of old runs against weak teams, they have written a book on the 101 excuses for losing.... prepare yourself...

Go Peabody!!!

Oh, and one more thing... not only do the talk smack, show lots of pretty pictures and neat little videos of old runs against weak teams, they have written a book on the 101 excuses for losing.... prepare yourself...

Go Peabody!!!

Ask them for their vids from the last 2 state championships. I really hope to see some new competition for my viewing pleasure in the state game this year.

DCA will give Alcoa a couple things that they have not seen, maybe they can catch them looking ahead a bit. A couple big teams around here got dumped the last couple weeks, it happens! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't think you'll be seeing Alcoa looking ahead this week. They had the opportunity to look ahead week 1 & 3 because of who they played. They know they're in for a tough battle this week, and they know they have to play hard this week to get back to the Burro.

Expect Alcoa to also throw in some things that DCA hasn't seen. Alcoa comes out strong, good scouting so that the D plays extremely well, and Rankin uses his mastery of the clock. Alcoa by 2 touchdowns.

as a Fulton Falcon i want to say GO TORNADOES just so everyone knows East TN is takin home 3 gold balls this year!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I plan on wearing my Alcoa Maroon Friday night and calling it Fulton maroon Saturday afternoon! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />