Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

THIS IS NOT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUOTE BUT A RESPONSE TO ASBY69. YOU WERE RIGHT MAN THEY WERE BETTER THAN US A LOT BETTER. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS RIGHT TOO. TO BE HONEST I WAS BEING NICE LAST WEEK YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS WERE HORRID AND IF ALCOA BEAT US BADLY IT WAS BETTER YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS OR MOUNTAIN (BUMP BOYS ) GOT DESTROYED THE WEEK BEFORE BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE EASILY STOPPED YOUR TERRIBLE OFFENSE AND YOUR SOFT D WOULD HAVE BEEN CARVED UP. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO DO THAT YOU DON'T DO. STILL STAY ON MY TEAM SIDE YOU BANDWAGON TRAITOR.

TO ALCOA I WOULD LIKE TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOUR TEAM NEXT FRIDAY IN THE BORO. PLEASE BEAT THOSE OTHER BLUE AND WHITE CATS WE DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR AGAIN BADLY. YOU GUYS ARE REMARKABLE AND I WILL GO ON RECORD SAYING I WAS WRONG. DCA DIDN'T PLAY WELL TONIGHT BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE BETTER TEAM AND DCA WOULD SAY THAT AS WELL. YOU HAVE THE SPEED AND STRENGHT AND HEART I WAS TALKING ABOUT. DCA HAS THAT AS WELL BUT JUST WAS NOT A MATCH FOR F5 AS YOU CALL IT. HOWEVER MY TEAM DCA DID HAVE AN AMAZING YEAR AND THEY MADE IT UP THE HILL TO SEE THE F5 AND I AM PROUD OF THEM FOR THAT.

DCA TEAM YOU GUYS PLAYED WITH HEART AND DRIVE ALL YEAR AND WON THE TOUGHEST REGION IN 2A I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ABOUT THAT. YOU ARE CHAMPS AND IMO THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN 2A AND AFTER NEXT FRIDAY THE WHOLE STATE WILL SEE THAT. GREAT SEASON GUYS 12-2 AND REGION CHAMPS.

DCA SENIORS YOU GUYS ARE THE HARDEST WORKING BUNCH I HAVE SEEN COME OUT OF DCA IN LONG TIME AND IT SHOWED THIS YEAR. IN MY BOOK YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN THE YOUNGER GUYS ROLE MODELS TO SHOOT FOR. GREAT SEASON AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS NOT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUOTE BUT A RESPONSE TO ASBY69. YOU WERE RIGHT MAN THEY WERE BETTER THAN US A LOT BETTER. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS RIGHT TOO. TO BE HONEST I WAS BEING NICE LAST WEEK YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS WERE HORRID AND IF ALCOA BEAT US BADLY IT WAS BETTER YOU AND YOUR DRAGONS OR MOUNTAIN (BUMP BOYS ) GOT DESTROYED THE WEEK BEFORE BECAUSE THEY COULD HAVE EASILY STOPPED YOUR TERRIBLE OFFENSE AND YOUR SOFT D WOULD HAVE BEEN CARVED UP. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO DO THAT YOU DON'T DO. STILL STAY ON MY TEAM SIDE YOU BANDWAGON TRAITOR.

Hello decleater I'm happy you made it back safe and sound. You are a great fan and right to be proud of your team.

TO ALCOA I WOULD LIKE TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOUR TEAM NEXT FRIDAY IN THE BORO. PLEASE BEAT THOSE OTHER BLUE AND WHITE CATS WE DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR AGAIN BADLY. YOU GUYS ARE REMARKABLE AND I WILL GO ON RECORD SAYING I WAS WRONG. DCA DIDN'T PLAY WELL TONIGHT BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE BETTER TEAM AND DCA WOULD SAY THAT AS WELL. YOU HAVE THE SPEED AND STRENGTH AND HEART I WAS TALKING ABOUT. DCA HAS THAT AS WELL BUT JUST WAS NOT A MATCH FOR F5 AS YOU CALL IT. HOWEVER MY TEAM DCA DID HAVE AN AMAZING YEAR AND THEY MADE IT UP THE HILL TO SEE THE F5 AND I AM PROUD OF THEM FOR THAT.

DCA TEAM YOU GUYS PLAYED WITH HEART AND DRIVE ALL YEAR AND WON THE TOUGHEST REGION IN 2A I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ABOUT THAT. YOU ARE CHAMPS AND IMO THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN 2A AND AFTER NEXT FRIDAY THE WHOLE STATE WILL SEE THAT. GREAT SEASON GUYS 12-2 AND REGION CHAMPS.

DCA SENIORS YOU GUYS ARE THE HARDEST WORKING BUNCH I HAVE SEEN COME OUT OF DCA IN LONG TIME AND IT SHOWED THIS YEAR. IN MY BOOK YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN THE YOUNGER GUYS ROLE MODELS TO SHOOT FOR. GREAT SEASON AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

NOW FOR A COUPLE OF RESPONSES TO SOME THREADS MADE THIS WEEK FROM SOME DCA FANS I GUESS. I WAITED A WEEK TO RESPOND BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG TIME TO RESPOND.

FIRST OF ALL, TO THE THREAD ABOUT DCA EVEN HAVING BETTER YOUNGER ATHLETES ON THE SIDE LINE OF HOWEVER IT WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN IT WAS WRITTTEN SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. THAT THREAD WAS WAY OUT OF LINE AND UN-CALLED FOR. YOU MUST MEAN EITHER MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUNG OR YOUNGER. BECAUSE I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND BETTER ATHLETES AT DCA THAN THE ONES THAT WERE STARTING FOR DCA THIS YEAR BECAUSE IF YOU DID THEY WOULD BE STARTING THE COACHES WOULD MAKE SURE OF THAT. SO FOR A DCA FAN TO POST THAT THREAD DURING THIS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS IS RIDICULOUS AND WE WILL SEE IF YOU ARE RIGHT NEXT YEAR. (HEY ITS GREAT TO BE AN OPTIMIST BUT AT SOME POINT YOU HAVE TO BE A REALIST!) OH AND ANOTHER THING TO WHOEVER WROTE THAT THREAD DON'T JUDGE ABLITY ON JV OR MIDDLE SCHOOL ITS NOT THE SAME AS VARSITY I HOPE WE WOULD AGREE ON THAT.

That's because every single "REAL" public school fan knows that your success is artificial. It is not an even playing field. Simple as that.

What!! was it even in the 90's when we were losing 5 and 6 games?? Was it even when we weren't making the playoffs? you didn't hear us crying and saying that other teams recruited? I'm telling you now you can take All of Alcoa's home, grown athletes and line them up with your teams finest athletes and I guarantee Alcoa would dominate!! You got it twisted if you think we don't breed athletes in Blount Co. No one had a problem with us when the big time colleges weren't looking at us. I can tell you now if the recruiting process was like it is today when I played you'd really think we recruited!! We had 7 make all-state and had more speed than a track team!!

NOW FOR A COUPLE OF RESPONSES TO SOME THREADS MADE THIS WEEK FROM SOME DCA FANS I GUESS. I WAITED A WEEK TO RESPOND BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG TIME TO RESPOND. FIRST OF ALL, TO THE THREAD ABOUT DCA EVEN HAVING BETTER YOUNGER ATHLETES ON THE SIDE LINE OF HOWEVER IT WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN IT WAS WRITTTEN SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES. THAT THREAD WAS WAY OUT OF LINE AND UN-CALLED FOR. YOU MUST MEAN EITHER MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUNG OR YOUNGER. BECAUSE I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND BETTER ATHLETES AT DCA THAN THE ONES THAT WERE STARTING FOR DCA THIS YEAR BECAUSE IF YOU DID THEY WOULD BE STARTING THE COACHES WOULD MAKE SURE OF THAT. SO FOR A DCA FAN TO POST THAT THREAD DURING THIS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS IS REDICULOUS AND WE WILL SEE IF YOU ARE RIGHT NEXT YEAR. (HEY ITS GREAT TO BE AN OPTIMIST BUT AT SOME POINT YOU HAVE TO BE A REALIST!) OH AND ANOTHER THING TO WHOEVER WROTE THAT THREAD DON'T JUDGE ABLITY ON JV OR MIDDLE SCHOOL ITS NOT THE SAME AS VARSITY I HOPE WE WOULD AGREE ON THAT.

THIS IS THE LAST RESPONSE TO ONE OTHER THREAD RESPONSE FROM BILLYBOB77. YOU GOT ON TO ME FOR NOT MENTIONING THE OL/DL FOR DCA WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE OFFENSE FOR DCA. AND I REPLIED THAT I WAS SORRY FOR NOT MENTIONING THEM BUT FIGURED THAT ANYONE WITH FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE WOULD SEE THAT AN OFFENSE WITH THAT MUCH YARDAGE GAINED WOULD OBVIOUSLY HAVE A GREAT LINE WHICH THEY ARE AND THEN I SPREAD SOME LOVE AS THEY ASKED. SO TODAY I AM GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN. " THE SKILL PLAYERS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE GUYS UP FRONT AND YOU CAN USUALLY JUDGE THAT FROM THE STATS THE NEXT DAY IN THE PAPER SO FOR BILLYBOB, U ASKED ME TO SPREAD THE LOVE FOR THE OL/DL AND I DID RIGHT? NOW YOU DO ME THIS FAVOR OK. CHECK THE PAPER TOMORROW AND SEE HOW THE OFFENSE DID! HEY IF U WANT LOVE YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD PRAISE WITH THE CRITICISM JUST LIKE THE SKILL PLAYERS DO EACH AND EVERY WEEK RIGHT?

BUT NO JOKE THE DCA LINES HAVE PLAYED WELL ALL YEAR. AND DCA HAD A GREAT SEASON LARGELY IN PART BECAUSE OF THE BEEF UP FRONT IT JUST WAS NOT THERE LAST NIGHT. BUT ON DEFENSE OF THAT ALCOA WAS A MACHINE! AND GOODPASTURE WILL GET TO SEE IT AGAIN AND HAVE THE SAME RESULT AGAIN. I WILL BE THERE AGAIN THAT IS FOR SURE! GREAT SEASON AGAIN DCA!

Hello decleater I'm happy you made it back safe and sound. You are a great fan and right to be proud of your team.

THANK YOU AND HEY DOES US PROUD DCA FANS ONE THING! GO AND WIN ANOTHER RING AND KEEP IT FROM GP!

WOW! I never expected this. Rankin had their attention this week and it showed 31-0 at halftime. What's really scary is Cobb had an off night really and we still scored at will. Which means it doesn't bold well for GP because I don't think he will have another off night. NOT LIKELY.. As for DCA congrats on a great season and you handled yourselfs with class. Goodluck next year... I do want to say that we all know now that CAK was one of the best teams in 2A for sure. I do think we will play the 2nd best team in Goodpasture next friday. By the way K12 great post... GO TORNADOES !!!!

I completely understand what you mean REBELRON. Unfortunatly it is easier to criticize and complain than it is to look and understand. All the people who despise MHS and AHS do so because we win state. They can't understand things such as this. Add talent, heart, and coaching and you will need to build a bigger trophy case.

Good post! It's senseless to claim the dominance of another is due to some unfair situation. The dominance comes from what you said, "talent, heart, and coaching" and I would add HARD work! DCA knows it, they've been there. The argument "the jealous ones" use to devalue your program, is the same one they use to devalue all schools that are different (public and private, open and closed zone, rural and urban). Sure, there are schools that go out and "shop" for players (D II) but the rest abide by TSSAA rules - so don't pull the "unfair" card!

Remember the saying "excellence breeds excellence", well it's true! If you're not making it to the top game, you know the "recipe" (talent, heart, coaching, and hard work). Once mixed together, add in a few trophies and "they will come" (the excellent athletes and coaches), and thus the story goes on and on. It's been done countless times, in all levels, irrespective of public/private, open/closed, urban/rural. I am awed by Alcoa's ability in football and track, just as some of you might be awed by Goodpasture's ability in baseball, softball, and golf. Jealousy seeks to discount, pull down, fault-find. When what they should spend their time on is good-old-fashioned, made in America, excellence of effort. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We look forward to a great game between two great teams in the Boro! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Theres a big difference between being recruited and wanting to play for a winning school. The 4 years i was in high school i drove past either Heritage High, Maryville High or William Blount.....Was I recruited?? heck no. I would have seen more PT at Heritage then i would have at alcoa. You can ask 5 about that. I chose to get my PT when i could when the other All State DEs came out of the game because i knew after HS I wasnt gonna play ball anymore so i might as well get as much as i can from it. A magical 15-0 season and a state championship is something Ill never forget. At 24yo I still put in the highlight tape and watch #5 Break one in the state game for 70+ yds and watch the hash marks just fly by (Sally at 7 wasnt it?) Sure there have been players from other cities come to play for Alcoa or Maryville but why not? No offense but if you have great talent where do you think your gonna get more exposure? 8 Time champ Alcoa/10 time champ Maryville or some place like South Doyle who wins 4 games a year. 90% of all Alcoa teams are local kids that have played together since Pee wees. The other 10% are from families that have moved into the county (job offers from Denso, Alcoa, etc, NOT RECRUITMENT) or players from surrounding counties that have tons of talent that want to make something of themselves but wont get the spot light (Chris Shiverdecker)

This is like beating a dead horse.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

We all know that there are ignorant people everywhere, and nothing you can say is going to change their pig-headed minds. We know that AHS is one of the best schools in the state: athletically and academically. The players that were mentioned before: Sykes (playing ball at Coffeyville Comm. College), Lindsay (playing ball at Coffeyville Comm. College; only has one more year there before transferring to UT, Clemson, VT, or somewhere else), Warren (played at FSU and has been cleared for UT), Shiverdecker (playing for CN), Lanxter (playing for Ky)...need I go on? Say what you want, but Alcoa has prepared those men for life after high school.

Bet this idiot wouldn't have said anything if we had lost. Apparently another sign of his ignorance is that he didn't do his homework, but decided to get on here and blow some hot air.

DCA: You had heart, your fans were awesome, and your band was really good...do you recruit musicians for your band? Ya'll have about as many members as we do, but ya'll sounded a lot better! You must recruit, there's no way you would have such good musicians in a school your size! (Okay, I'm being really ridiculous!)

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One more thing: I read the Tennesseean online, then the Knox Sentinel...I'm amazed that there wasn't a reporter from Nashville at the game last night...the story was from the Knoxville paper!

congrats to a great football team. it just shows that a program with a lot of great recruitment pays off!! i just wonder how u guys get the players in there$$!! ifind it hard to believe that many d1 athletes come from alcoa? NOT TO GET ON THE R WORD ,but i would love to see the percentage rate of the players birth certificates who where born in blount co. vs. the ones who happen to transfer there from surrounding countys,states???? i would be willing to bet my savings on blount co.25% surrounding cities,county,states 75% no disrespect,but everbodyknows this.ya do a better job than most private schools. except for your neighbors,they must have more $$.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> HATER AND LOSER #1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> who's next...........................

asby your a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All week I read your posts slamming DCA. Don't you realize how bad it makes your team look? Some on here saying DCA probably #3 in Alcoas district. One even said Rockwood finishes ahead. You lost to DCA. With this logic if all of you were in same district, you don't make the playoffs.

I don't think that I have "slammed" the TEAM of DCA at all, at anytime. I have poked fun at some of their fans and they have me in return.

I readily admitted that DCA beat York fair and square and sent them to the Basketball court. They were the better team that game, they won, now the Dragons are playing basketball. How is that "slamming" DCA? I think they have a good program, well coached, and great fans!!

Anything I say doesn't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to the York Dragons, just like whatever you say doesn't amount to anything when it comes to Alcoa. I merely state my opinion, post jokes etc. The York Dragons, DCA Wildcats, and Alcoa Tornadoes speak for themselves.

Congrats on the win and good luck with your next gold ball.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> HATER AND LOSER #1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> who's next...........................

As long as Alcoa keeps winning the shots taken at them will get worse. You better get used to it. Maryville takes more abuse than anyone. I listen to sportstalk and hear Hitch,Tennessee Tom,Jim from Halls and Lambert take their shots at Maryville. I will never forget in 2002 when it was 3 straight days of Maryville bashing on Dewey Warrens show,Sportstalk990 and Basilio's show after Maryville won state in 2002. Finally Dewey Warren,John Wilkerson,Jimmy Hyams and Tony Basilio said they heard enough Maryville bashing. They told their callers if they mention Maryville they will get cut off. All this bashing of Maryville makes me enjoy Maryville's success that much more. It does get a little old hearing people accuse Maryville of every dirty trick in the book. But! It is much easier to take as long as they keep winning. These haters just fuel the fire.