Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I even put up videos showing the Peabody fans what #22 & #24 looked like running down the side lines and they just laughed.

I will have to say that Peabody has some of the nicest fans and had a lot of class. I think they brought everyone but the mayor and the sheriff. Congratulations on a great season and good luck next year.

cougar i have to give it to u and ur school ur are a classy bunch in the heat of the moment u could have posted something else but didnt just wanted to say congrats to gp from a milan fan now that peabody is gone go get that gold ball

Yeah...just like everyone knows Alcoa will kill GP again. It won't be close...again. Yeah...coaching will be the difference.

What I meant was that in HS, unlike the pros and even college, the primary difference is coaching. Alcoa will probably beat GP - doesn't take a genius to make that prediction, but they would beat anyone in 2A. The gap between Alcoa and everyone else is amazing. I do believe GP is the 2nd best team in 2A. IMO, in HS the keys to winning consistently (in order of importance) are:

1. Coaching

2. Commitment of school and community to winning-tradition

3. Speed

4. Players who are hitters

5. Size

Well Peabody fans, I am a Goodpasture fan, and was getting pretty tired of reading all the "pro Peabody" posts this week. But I understand supporting your team, that's great. But you know, confidence is one thing, but you guys really built this Peabody team up to be quite the challenge for Goodpasture - quite the contrary. Harper is good, but he can't do everything all by himself. I admire Peabody's will and desire, but admire Goodpasture's skill, athleticism, speed, confidence, teamwork, and CLASS much more.

Go Cougars, Let's get that yellow ball. We are conquerors, and there's only one more thing to be said about this game - and that is, Action Speaks Louder than Words /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I even put up videos showing the Peabody fans what #22 & #24 looked like running down the side lines and they just laughed.

I will have to say that Peabody has some of the nicest fans and had a lot of class. I think they brought everyone but the mayor and the sheriff. Congratulations on a great season and good luck next year.

Taking a day off of work = 1 sick day

Eating a meal with the family = 50 bucks

Gas to Madison and back = 65 bucks

Tickets = $7 each. Ouch. Thanks TSSAA

Watching PHS get beat = Well, that stunk.

But, must say that the Goodpasture folks that I talked to tonight were a very fine bunch. And, the Cougars were just hands-down in another league. They are an extremely good football team that is obviously very well coached. Their execution was flawless. I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed it out, because everyone talks about how fast their backs are, but I was really impressed with the quickness, speed, and execution of the offensive line play. They were synchronized, they knew their assignments, and their technique was very good.

Thank you Cougars for your hospitality.

Thanks CougarBrown for the kind words about us folks from Trenton. Yes, we did bring quite a crowd, didn't we?!

Best of luck to you.

hahaha i was HOPING one of u milan fans would get on here and rant about "milan would have put more of a fight than trenton", well milan i can't remember who put u guys out of the playoffs, oh wait, it was TRENTON!!! I promise, if yall couldn't stop our rushing attack, there is no way in the world yall could have stopped GP's. As for the game, "WOW", thats all I can say, I dont think i've seen a team that good in a long time (granted i've never seen Alcoa either). GP's talent level is jus way above our heads along wit everyone else in region 8 2A, I have to admit. If this game was played tom, or next fri it would have the same outcome. Congrats PEABODY on a great season wit a climax last week at milan, I have enjoyed comin to every game. I am definitely gonna miss kendal and the rest of the seniors!! ROLL TIDE 08'

Roll Tide 08'? You mean roll right back in the cellar? If what I see is right on here, then the true Trenton fans went to the GP game and not the classless people that attended the Milan game. It would've been closer just ask GP last year because they thought it wouldn't even have been a game vs. us, and we were as much a team or even better than last year. Problem with Milan is they can't stop a scrambling QB, and Trenton had a scrambling QB. Milan matched up with GP better than they did Trenton, but hey we will never know how the Milan-GP would've turned out b/c Milan didn't take care of business.

Milan in 08 will be fighting for the Gold Ball while Trenton tries to build their team over the next few years to make a run at the Gold Ball. Facts are facts, and I'm not saying that to ###### some of you off. It has proven itself throughout history, and it will continue to prove that Milan re-loads while Trenton re-builds.

BTW Milan has Justin Coleman, Jobronski Gilbert, J.W. Williams, and Tristian Pearson back next year which accounts for all of the playmakers on offense. The line will continue to be good with Cody Rogers, Luke Jackson, and others stepping up. The linebacking corps will have Mr. Gilbert. The player people need to watch next year is Tim Adkisson because he has the potential to be an absolute beast anywhere he plays, which probably will be in secondary. Milan's Freshman-Senior squad is stacked with amazing talent next year, and I can't wait till August when we hear that whistle again.

I'm pretty sure i picked goodpasture by 21 and got yelled at by some peabody fan. This just shows how good CPA was. They lost in overtime on a fumble on the 1 yard line on 3rd down. CPA is top 3 in the state for sure.

I'm going to say CAK was #3. They played Alcoa the best all year and their passing game was better than anyones but Maryville. NO question CAK is the # 3 team in 2a. Goodpasture of course is one or two. We decide this one on the field again. GO TORNADOES!! GOIN TO THE BORO /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Individual statisticsGoodpasture Rushing Benjamin Cunningham 9-89, 2 TD Chris Ellis 1-0 Aaron Gillaspie 5-42, 1 TD Thomas Goodloe 5-15, 1 TD Whit Mahan 1-34 Tracy Mayes 7-152, 1 TD Seth McFerrin 3-50 Hunter Ramsey 1-6 Michael Rogan 1-23, 1 TD Chase Snyder 4-8 Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS) Ladd Kuykendall 0-1-0-0 Whit Mahan 4-4-0-64 Receiving Ben Coles 1-19 Aaron Gillaspie 2-37 John Hambrick 1-8 Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.) Glenn Nabors 0-0 6-6 6 Peabody Rushing Mark Abbott 1-2 Kendal Harper 19-62, 1 TD Tamias Johnson 9-30 Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS) Kendal Harper 5-13-1-64 Receiving Micajah Barnes 1-13 Carson Crenshaw 1-9 Tamias Johnson 2-34 Raphael Miller 1-7 Punting Brandon Petty 4-35.5 Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.) Jake Callahan 0-0 1-1 1

FBGIRL how do you do it. Your good.

I'm pretty sure i picked goodpasture by 21 and got yelled at by some peabody fan. This just shows how good CPA was. They lost in overtime on a fumble on the 1 yard line on 3rd down. CPA is top 3 in the state for sure.

CPA had a GREAT team, too bad they weren't able to take their action on the road in the west, cuz they would've cut a WIDE path! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Thank you Cougars for your hospitality.

Thanks CougarBrown for the kind words about us folks from Trenton. Yes, we did bring quite a crowd, didn't we?!

Best of luck to you.

It was great having you with us voodoo! You brought a very fine crowd and a classy team. You had a great year and hope the future is even better. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />