Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

Hey GCPioneer, nobody thought Alcoa would beat DCA that bad but they did. What do you think is going to happen if GP gets behind early? I believe they will fold. They need to keep this game close in the first half and they might have a chance. If not, then Alcoa will win by 4 or 5 td. Alcoa again brought the starters out before the 4th quarter of the DCA game. This team won the district GP was in. In my opinion everyone talks about CPA but CAK is the 3rd best team in 2a. Who has played us bettter in 2a? GOIN TO THE BORO!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Hey man, I'm taking nothing away from Alcoa...I've never had the chance to get to watch Alcoa (I would have loved to see Warren or Cooper) and this coming Friday will be my first chance to get to watch Alcoa and my 3rd time to see Goodpasture play...I'm looking forward to watching Randall Cobb play because I have heard so much and he is going up against Kendal Harper fro Mr. Football...I was just in awe of the moves that the Goodpasture RB's made against Trenton!!!!! I remember one run from #24 I believe....He was sprinting down the field spun off of two tacklers then Kendal ran over and tried to tackle and he spun off of that and scored!!! That's something you do on the playstation and not in real life...I'm looking forward to seeing your Alcoa Tornadoes...I was talking to a guy from Goodpasture the other night and we was talking about the plays Goodpasture was making and he told us we haven't seen 2A football at it's best until we've seen Alcoa play and that was coming from a guy that played for Goodpasture when they won a state championship....I'm looking forward to watching you folks!!!!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I'm taking nothing away from Alcoa...I've never had the chance to get to watch Alcoa (I would have loved to see Warren or Cooper) and this coming Friday will be my first chance to get to watch Alcoa and my 3rd time to see Goodpasture play...I'm looking forward to watching Randall Cobb play because I have heard so much and he is going up against Kendal Harper fro Mr. Football...I was just in awe of the moves that the Goodpasture RB's made against Trenton!!!!! I remember one run from #24 I believe....He was sprinting down the field spun off of two tacklers then Kendal ran over and tried to tackle and he spun off of that and scored!!! That's something you do on the playstation and not in real life...I'm looking forward to seeing your Alcoa Tornadoes...I was talking to a guy from Goodpasture the other night and we was talking about the plays Goodpasture was making and he told us we haven't seen 2A football at it's best until we've seen Alcoa play and that was coming from a guy that played for Goodpasture when they won a state championship....I'm looking forward to watching you folks!!!!

Glad you will be at the game. This should be a very interesting game. I for one thinks it will be a high scoring game. Having said that I believe Alcoa wins by 2td. Cobb is just to good and you will see on Friday. No offense to Kendahl Harper but Cobb it just on a different level. See you at the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I wouldn't necessarily say a different level...I'll just say a different TEAM...Randall Cobb is going to be better due to the fact he's on the better team...For Trenton if you key in on Kendall you'll shut him down but going up against Alcoa you have to shut the whole team down which opens up more opportunities for Cobb

I wasn't there, but I know Coach Scott well enough to be able to say it didn't happen.

I was at the game and i do not think coach scott is stupid enough to hit a player . YOu people need to come up with something better to talk about . I think this is a total joke .Congrats to the Tide and Peabody coaching staff .What a ride. I was at every game this year and was sad to see it end Cant wait till next year

ROLL TIDE

Hey GCPioneer, nobody thought Alcoa would beat DCA that bad but they did. What do you think is going to happen if GP gets behind early? I believe they will fold. They need to keep this game close in the first half and they might have a chance. If not, then Alcoa will win by 4 or 5 td. Alcoa again brought the starters out before the 4th quarter of the DCA game. This team won the district GP was in. In my opinion everyone talks about CPA but CAK is the 3rd best team in 2a. Who has played us bettter in 2a? GOIN TO THE BORO!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Yes but CPA beat DCA by 16

Yes but CPA beat DCA by 16

Yes I am aware of what happened in that district this year. However DCA pass game was said to be the best we have faced besides Maryville. It turns out that CAK passing game was much better in my opinion. Their running back was pretty good too. They had some weapons just not enough against us. Thats not any disrespect to DCA that just my observation. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I wouldn't necessarily say a different level...I'll just say a different TEAM...Randall Cobb is going to be better due to the fact he's on the better team...For Trenton if you key in on Kendall you'll shut him down but going up against Alcoa you have to shut the whole team down which opens up more opportunities for Cobb

You make a good point GCPioneer but I think Cobb is a much more polished passer than Kendahl. I heard he is not nearly as accurate as Cobb. When you have a quarterback in high school that can pass effectively and run, its just about impossible to defend. I'm sure Kendahl's a great player and I didn't mean any disrespect to him. See you at the boro..

You can't compare Cobb to Harper when they are on two different levels of teams. If Harper played for Alcoa, would he start over Cobb - who knows? One thing is true, if a kid starts for Alcoa they are very good because the competition for starting positions is tremendous due to the overall talent on the team. Alcoa's 2nd team could probably win the 1A title.

If Cobb was at Peabody, would Harper be a RB rather than the QB - who knows?

I haven't seen Cobb in person, but I don't have to to know he is a great player. he has to be or he wouldn't be the starting QB for the best team, by far, in 2A.

I have seen Harper and he looks to be very skilled, but he wasn't the best player on the field in the GP game. Mayes for GP was.