Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

Looks like I will be watching a familiar matchup in state again. Congrats GP, although I wanted to see Alcoa play someone else for a change. Sounds like Trenton was just a bunch of hype, like DCA.

Not the same thing. Everyone knew Alcoa would beat DCA. Trenton was definitely hyped. DCA is definitely a Top 5 team in 2A (as was CPA). How about the fact that Westview was rated #2 or 3 all year in 2A? Can you say overrated?

I went to the game and Trenton was nowhere near GP's league. Trenton's defense was no match for GP's speed on offense, and Trenton's offense was ineffective. Why? They have good athletes, but their offensive schemes were too simplistic and predictable.

Once again, coaching is the biggest factor for winning and losing in high school, not athletes. Trenton had no answers for GP's offense and their offense fooled no one on GP's side.

Harper is an impressive athlete, but he was not as good as he was built up to be. If he is a Mr. Football candidate, Conner Lowery from CPA should have been.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Individual statistics

Goodpasture

Rushing

Benjamin Cunningham 9-89, 2 TD

Chris Ellis 1-0

Aaron Gillaspie 5-42, 1 TD

Thomas Goodloe 5-15, 1 TD

Whit Mahan 1-34

Tracy Mayes 7-152, 1 TD

Seth McFerrin 3-50

Hunter Ramsey 1-6

Michael Rogan 1-23, 1 TD

Chase Snyder 4-8

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Ladd Kuykendall 0-1-0-0

Whit Mahan 4-4-0-64

Receiving

Ben Coles 1-19

Aaron Gillaspie 2-37

John Hambrick 1-8

Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.)

Glenn Nabors 0-0 6-6 6

Peabody

Rushing

Mark Abbott 1-2

Kendal Harper 19-62, 1 TD

Tamias Johnson 9-30

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Kendal Harper 5-13-1-64

Receiving

Micajah Barnes 1-13

Carson Crenshaw 1-9

Tamias Johnson 2-34

Raphael Miller 1-7

Punting

Brandon Petty 4-35.5

Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.)

Jake Callahan 0-0 1-1 1

Not the same thing. Everyone knew Alcoa would beat DCA. Trenton was definitely hyped. DCA is definitely a Top 5 team in 2A (as was CPA). How about the fact that Westview was rated #2 or 3 all year in 2A? Can you say overrated?

I went to the game and Trenton was nowhere near GP's league. Trenton's defense was no match for GP's speed on offense, and Trenton's offense was ineffective. Why? They have good athletes, but their offensive schemes were too simplistic and predictable.

Once again, coaching is the biggest factor for winning and losing in high school, not athletes. Trenton had no answers for GP's offense and their offense fooled no one on GP's side.

Harper is an impressive athlete, but he was not as good as he was built up to be. If he is a Mr. Football candidate, Conner Lowery from CPA should have been.

Yeah...just like everyone knows Alcoa will kill GP again. It won't be close...again. Yeah...coaching will be the difference.

I think milan would have made a bigger showing than trenton in that game, but whats done is. And tonight its done for trenton.

hahaha i was HOPING one of u milan fans would get on here and rant about "milan would have put more of a fight than trenton", well milan i can't remember who put u guys out of the playoffs, oh wait, it was TRENTON!!! I promise, if yall couldn't stop our rushing attack, there is no way in the world yall could have stopped GP's. As for the game, "WOW", thats all I can say, I dont think i've seen a team that good in a long time (granted i've never seen Alcoa either). GP's talent level is jus way above our heads along wit everyone else in region 8 2A, I have to admit. If this game was played tom, or next fri it would have the same outcome. Congrats PEABODY on a great season wit a climax last week at milan, I have enjoyed comin to every game. I am definitely gonna miss kendal and the rest of the seniors!! ROLL TIDE 08'

Yeah...just like everyone knows Alcoa will kill GP again. It won't be close...again. Yeah...coaching will be the difference.

So why is SC at home and not at the Boro? Yeah "everyone knows". So why do we even have playoffs? Let's just give Alcoa the gold ball and save all this trouble. We can all sit at home or work on our basketball. Well, seems like no one else wants to step up to the biggest stage but poor old, weakling Goodpasture. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Come on over next week and see what happens in the Boro! No promises, just that "Every dog (kitty) has its day". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />