Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

CPA had a GREAT team, too bad they weren't able to take their action on the road in the west, cuz they would've cut a WIDE path! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

soccerdad I'm sure they had a great team but I'm going off tonites performance from DCA. CAK gave us a decent game both games we played. They had to play us in the second round. At least your region had teams in different brackets. Which means your the only region that could have two team from the same region in the championship game. That interesting doesn't that region have the most private school in 2a. HHHMMMMM funny how that worked. Good luck next week and GO TORNADOES. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soccerdad I'm sure they had a great team but I'm going off tonites performance from DCA. CAK gave us a decent game both games we played. They had to play us in the second round. At least your region had teams in different brackets. Which means your the only region that could have two team from the same region in the championship game. That interesting doesn't that region have the most private school in 2a. HHHMMMMM funny how that worked. Good luck next week and GO TORNADOES. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well, CPA beat DCA and Goodpasture had to reach way down in its inner reserves, two weeks in a row, to get past CPA.

Yeah, for some strange reason they separated us "ABC" schools. Usually they try their best to drown us out, thinking some sort of unfairness is happening. But if you see my post on the Alcoa/DCA thread about Alcoa and it's detractors, you'll see that I understand where you guys are coming from - a place of excellence. That's how you get to the Boro.

Go Cougars! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Congrats to the Cougars of Goodpasture...I must admit I watched a beat down to the Golden Tide unfortunately...This was not the same Tide team that showed up against Milan...That first penalty of the game against Trenton on the long pass was a big blow right there and then it was on from there...A few questionable calls on penalties and one catch by Goodpasture but all in all it was ok I guess...Great season to Peabody!!!! Cognrats to Kendal on an AWESOME career at Trenton and good luck wherever you go! Good Luck to the Cougars next week in their state championship game versus Alcoa...I'll be there to witness that game too!

What I meant was that in HS, unlike the pros and even college, the primary difference is coaching. Alcoa will probably beat GP - doesn't take a genius to make that prediction, but they would beat anyone in 2A. The gap between Alcoa and everyone else is amazing. I do believe GP is the 2nd best team in 2A. IMO, in HS the keys to winning consistently (in order of importance) are:

1. Coaching

2. Commitment of school and community to winning-tradition

3. Speed

4. Players who are hitters

5. Size

I think...right now...I would agree GP is the 2nd best 2a team. CAK might be. Let's see how GP does. I really don't see them slowing down Alcoa's offense. GP has been able to run on everyone they've played. If they can't run...it will be real ugly...real early.

1. Coaching...advantage Alcoa

2. Committment of school and commmunity to winning tradition...advantage Alcoa

3. Speed...advantage Alcoa

4. Players who are hitters...advantage Alcoa

5. Size...not sure...but it really doesn't matter

I hate to ask this, but I wasn't at the Trenton/Goodpasture game and want to either hear the rumor is true or false from soemone who went to the game. Did Trenton's head coach hit one of his players on the sideline last night? Man, I hope that isn't true. That would kinda put a black eye on their season. I know being from Milan I shouldn't care about that, but I just think taht would be so sad.

Someone please tell me it didn't happen.

I hate to ask this, but I wasn't at the Trenton/Goodpasture game and want to either hear the rumor is true or false from soemone who went to the game. Did Trenton's head coach hit one of his players on the sideline last night? Man, I hope that isn't true. That would kinda put a black eye on their season. I know being from Milan I shouldn't care about that, but I just think taht would be so sad.

Well, with the stands right on top of the team, you would think that would be easily seen, but I didn't see anything like that happen.

I wasn't there, but I know Coach Scott well enough to be able to say it didn't happen.

I think...right now...I would agree GP is the 2nd best 2a team. CAK might be. Let's see how GP does. I really don't see them slowing down Alcoa's offense. GP has been able to run on everyone they've played. If they can't run...it will be real ugly...real early.

1. Coaching...advantage Alcoa

2. Committment of school and commmunity to winning tradition...advantage Alcoa

3. Speed...advantage Alcoa

4. Players who are hitters...advantage Alcoa

5. Size...not sure...but it really doesn't matter

After seeing what Alcoa did to DCA, I would be crazy to think GP can hang with them. I do think GP (despite losing to DCA) is a better team than DCA, just as I think CPA was better than DCA. CAK obviously was a very good tema this year. It would have been fun watching them play CPA since both of them had great passing games.

I agree with the advantages above except maybe coaching. Rankin and his staff are awesome, but Coach Martin has done wonderful things at GP for 15 years (3 golds/3-4 silvers). I would call the coaching even, but Rankin has more "hosses".

I will say after watching GP play 3 times, Mayes and Cunningham are as good a backs as you will see at any school any division. They will get some yards against Alcoa, but probably not enough.