Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

Write it down SP by 30 (THIRTY). The mercy rule could come into play. Don't shoot the messenger. Just be glad the trip is mostly interstate.

I truely hope you have your team convinced of this. No really put down the moonshine and step away from the keyboard and no one gets hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is just about tired of hearing these whining bulldog fans. Old Pirate says the whole Pirate Nation needs to abide by the same advise. Let the teams settle it Friday. OP warns the bulldog faithful to pray for the Pirates to have an off night.

We are just tired of hearing people on here saying SP is unbeatable. SP fans are getting a little carried away. LV is warning the SP nation to pray for the Dogs to have an off night...

You Hampton boys have had some very convincing scores in your region wins. The question, though - seeing you have never been able to make it past a region four team the last two years - how is it that you are so confident in how well you will do against a very, very good region three team that has already plowed through three very good region four teams and you know nothing about?

We are confident because SP had the same team last year and got manhandled by G-ville, the team that was beaten by FCS and FCS beat us. If SP is so outstanding we would have heard a little something last year...

As a Pirate fan, I must say thank you to all of you Bulldog fans comparing us to Trousdale. If there is a Single A program in this state with a finer winned tradition than SP it is Trousdale. They are always winners and full of class. It is an honor to be compared to any of their winning teams. By the way - every time those 2 teams have met, the winner has eventually won the Gold Ball. SP has already defeated a solid Trousdale team this year. Another Gold Ball is in the cards.

Your welcome. Hampton fans are not bad mouthing your team. We know you are good, but if we are talking cards remember this.... the cards aren't always dealt the way you would like.

Looks are deceiving. The Hampton boys can play. Another factor that will come into play is coaching, and Hampton has top of the line coaches. Something else to think about- Trousdale beat Hampton 35-0 when the majority of the Hampton players were sophmores. Many South Pitt fans admit that they do not compare to Trousdale in 2005, what makes you think South Pitt can win by 30 now??

If Hampton has top of the line coaches, how many championship rings do they have. SP Coaches have a combined 5 rings and 11 appearances in the state finals. How does Hampton compare to that?

Looks fairly close to me, according to CoachT numbers

South Pittsburg Schedule

Rank Team W ??“ L Record Win Percentage Strength Rank

162 Marion Co. 5 ??“ 6 45.50% 28th

281 Copper Basin 0 ??“ 10 0.00% 60th

35 Lookout Valley 10 ??“ 2 83.30% 8th

175 David Brainerd 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 43rd

114 Tyner Academy 7 ??“ 5 58.30% 19th

190 Whitwell 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 42nd

192 Boyd Buchanan 4 ??“ 7 36.40% 24th

105 Silverdale 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 24th

252 Temple 2 ??“ 8 20.00% 53rd

128 Grace Academy 6 ??“ 5 54.50% 32nd

108 Trousdale Co. 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 19th

78 Friendship Christian 8 ??“ 4 66.70% 12th

39 Gordonsville 10 ??“ 3 76.90% 7th .

143 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 74 ??“ 70 49.90% 28.5

Hampton Schedule

Rank Team W ??“ L Record Win Percentage Strength Rank

95 Johnson Co. 7 - 4 63.60% 19th

113 Oneida 7 - 5 58.30% 22nd

117 Jellico 6 ??“ 4 60.00% 25th

253 Unicoi Co. 2 - 8 20.00% 42nd

135 Unaka 5 ??“ 5 54.50% 29th

276 West Greene 1 - 9 10.00% 49th

129 Grace Christian 6 - 5 54.50% 28th

231 Cosby 2 - 8 20.00% 48th

197 Happy Valley 4 - 7 36.40% 32nd

90 Cloudland 7 - 4 63.60% 30th

157 Coalfield 5 - 6 45.50% 38th

113 Oneida 7 - 5 58.30% 22nd

25 Midway 11 - 2 84.60% 10th .

148.5 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 71 ??“ 72 48.40% 30.3

Course, they're just numbers.

Looks to me like Hampton doesn't step up in class much. Scared?

I've seen Hampton's last 2 game films and I must admit I will have to change my prediction of a 3 TD win for South Pitt. Midway is horrible and the next person that compares their "speed" with South Pitt's is going to see how little they really know come Friday. But its not just speed, South Pitt's OL-DL is very strong, and this thing will be 4 TDs at least. I'm not trying to push buttons here, just a courtesy to the fans from upper East TN. With gas prices the way they are, do yourself a favor - stay home and rent deliverance again because it will be much more enjoyable than seeing what South Pitt is about to unload.

Believe this, if Hampton had played Gordonsville last week, the Bulldogs would be done by now. Gordonsville is a much more sound defensive team and their QB-FS was a good player. I can't say all of Regions 1-2 were weak as some are, but the last 2 teams were certainly mediocre at best by the standards of Region 4.

I'm also glad that so many of these people that are soooo in love with the Trousdale team from 2 years ago will finally find a new opponent to fall in love with. Should give ya'll something to talk about on the long, sad ride home. And by the way, whoever it was that posted Trousdale had 5 D-I signees that year, that is ridiculous. I have nothing but respect for that program but that's not even close. Please name the schools those kids signed with. 1A teams simply don't put that many into the D-I ranks in one year.

I know I'm going to get blistered for this by Hampton folks, and many of the South Pitt fans won't like it because they think the same thing but are trying to be more hospitable. I'm too honest to hold my tongue. It's going to be a lot closer to Hook being right than the 1-2 TD most think it will.

You go brother CowBell - Can I get an AMEN from the congregation?!?!?!?

You are entitled to your opinion, however, I have also seen South Pitt's last two game films and they are not the team Trousdale was. Trousdale was 2 dimensional ( South Pitt does not have the passing game of Trousdale) I am not disrespecting South Pitt at all. You guys have a great team, however you are a running team. This game will be the game of the year in single a. Buckle your straps and get ready to get it on!!! As the great Pujo says.... GETTRRRDUNNNNNNNN DOGS!

As a Pirate fan, I must say thank you to all of you Bulldog fans comparing us to Trousdale. If there is a Single A program in this state with a finer winned tradition than SP it is Trousdale. They are always winners and full of class. It is an honor to be compared to any of their winning teams. By the way - every time those 2 teams have met, the winner has eventually won the Gold Ball. SP has already defeated a solid Trousdale team this year. Another Gold Ball is in the cards.

The Hampton folks and team think they are going to win and the Pirates think they are going to win. With two 13-0 teams, that is the way it should be. I expected SP to have FCS into the mercy rule (wasn't cocky about just expected it). I really don't know what to expect regarding this game. Nothing will suprise me about this game regardless of who wins. I have seen a lot of semi-final games over the years and have seen some good teams beat better teams. I think the SP teams in 1993 and 1998 were better than TC but they got their butts beat in close games (especially '93).

I think both of these teams are solid. Subtle things like field position and kicking game such as PAT and field goals could be a major factor in a close game. As good as SP is, they have missed at least one PAT in every game.

A lot of people think this could be the best Pirate team of all. However, they still have a lot to prove before I'll consider them the best.

With all that, go Pirates! Take the Hampton mascot and shoot him out of a cannon before he chews a hole in the Black Pearl. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Do you honestly think that your going to get your gold football past this man?

Steven roop baby 6'7 320 and can run faster than the little men

He is a hoss. Is he a senior? I bet UT won't let that monster out of their sight. Who else is recruiting him?