Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

but stats dont really show for anything. let me explain. white station had almost 400 yards total offense last friday. we won 45-16. 400 yards, and they only had 16 points. but the stats look good right?

stats are fun to show who is best at what, but that doesnt matter on the field. points do. points win games.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats mean nothing now. Nor do records. Neither of these teams are remotly in the same region. It all comes down to who has the better preperation, and who wants it more! Im standing behind Indy all the way. Go EAGLES!!!

"Indy Nation" will be there in Full Force Friday night. Rumor has it that there are 6 buses full already of students coming to the game!

We will be loud and proud for our Eagles!!

This should be a great battle and anothe epic game for the Indy nation fans! GO EAGLES!!!

but stats dont really show for anything. let me explain. white station had almost 400 yards total offense last friday. we won 45-16. 400 yards, and they only had 16 points. but the stats look good right?

stats are fun to show who is best at what, but that doesnt matter on the field. points do. points win games.

Stats are a good tool to use in analyzing an opponents vulnerabilities and strengths. They are also fun to play around with, as you mentioned. But as you also say, they don't always mean points. And points determine who wins and who goes home.

I think the stats cause alot of people to get into the if this happened, or that turnover hadn't come up, or that bad penalty...etc. But all of those things come into play also.

That's one thing I notice about Millingtons' success this season. If you do not turn the ball over or commit penalties (sounds like your games against Bolton and WH had these factors) then the Trojans roll on pretty easily. I'm still not convinced that IHS can win this game, but I'm also not so sure Millington will win either. I just don't know enough about IHS and the fact that their region tends to win games vs the west teams (I know...that's history and not this year) it makes me feel uneasy about making a prediction. I think it could be a close one though. And truthfully, I think the strength of Millington is the offense. The defense is good, no question. But a good offense can find success against your defense. Stopping your offense is the bigger problem in my opinion.

Stats are a good tool to use in analyzing an opponents vulnerabilities and strengths. They are also fun to play around with, as you mentioned. But as you also say, they don't always mean points. And points determine who wins and who goes home.

I think the stats cause alot of people to get into the if this happened, or that turnover hadn't come up, or that bad penalty...etc. But all of those things come into play also.

That's one thing I notice about Millingtons' success this season. If you do not turn the ball over or commit penalties (sounds like your games against Bolton and WH had these factors) then the Trojans roll on pretty easily. I'm still not convinced that IHS can win this game, but I'm also not so sure Millington will win either. I just don't know enough about IHS and the fact that their region tends to win games vs the west teams (I know...that's history and not this year) it makes me feel uneasy about making a prediction. I think it could be a close one though. And truthfully, I think the strength of Millington is the offense. The defense is good, no question. But a good offense can find success against your defense. Stopping your offense is the bigger problem in my opinion.

are you coming to the game friday? where are you sitting?

Is this a history message board or a football board I don't care about the past I'm talking about right now.We will we who wins what Friday!I can gurantee it won't be a Nasville team.

You are correct, a Nashville team will not win this game Friday night, just like a Memphis team won't win it either. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The number of points you have scored all year DOESN'T matter. The team that comes out with the most heart and desire for it WILL win. Indy is looking like the Ravenwood team did two years ago. Underdogs that went on to win state and returned to state the next year. Region 6 is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, regions in the state. It will be a good game regardless.

Ok we had the #2,3,&4 ranked teams over here, your acting as if ours isn't tough? No we knocked off the #2 and the #1 got knocked off, so that Makes us the underated #3 ranked Millington Trojans #1, its true points in the past dont matter but there will be the same performance! So tradition will follow! Go Trojans!