Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

The stats are currently being entered on Tennessean.com, but here's what we have so far

TEAM STATS:

FIRST DOWNS:

Indy 25, Millington 17

RUSHING:

Indy 39 carries for 143, Millington 34 for 310

PASSING:

Indy 24-35 for 287 and an INT, Millington 3-9 for 127 yards and 2 INT

FUMBLES:

Indy 2 (lost 1), Millington 3 (lost 1)

PENALTIES:

Indy 9 for 79, Millington 13 for 105

INDIVIDUAL RUSHING:

Indy:

Pettigrew 23 carries, 82 yards, 1 TD

Alex Heckman 12 carries, 46 yards, 2 TD

Ryan Consiglio 4 carries, 15 yards

Millington:

Travis Simpson 15 carries, 136 yards, 1 TD

Eric Knowlton 9 carries, 101 yards, 1 TD

Tyshaun Holmes 8 carries, 46 yards, 1 TD

INDIVIDUAL PASSING:

Independence:

Alex Heckman 24-35, 287 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING

Independence:

Isaac Baugh 6 catches, 100 yards

Alex Reese 6 catches, 98 yards

Jeff Veres 6 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD

Ben Parker 2 catches, 38 yards

Scott Pettigrew 1 catch, 11 yards

Again, I know some stats are missing because they have not been entered yet but once they are, I'll update this post.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats are currently being entered on Tennessean.com, but here's what we have so far

TEAM STATS:

FIRST DOWNS:

Indy 25, Millington 17

RUSHING:

Indy 39 carries for 143, Millington 34 for 310

PASSING:

Indy 24-35 for 287 and an INT, Millington 3-9 for 127 yards and 2 INT

FUMBLES:

Indy 2 (lost 1), Millington 3 (lost 1)

PENALTIES:

Indy 9 for 79, Millington 13 for 105

INDIVIDUAL RUSHING:

Indy:

Pettigrew 23 carries, 82 yards, 1 TD

Alex Heckman 12 carries, 46 yards, 2 TD

Ryan Consiglio 4 carries, 15 yards

Millington:

Travis Simpson 15 carries, 136 yards, 1 TD

Eric Knowlton 9 carries, 101 yards, 1 TD

Tyshaun Holmes 8 carries, 46 yards, 1 TD

INDIVIDUAL PASSING:

Independence:

Alex Heckman 24-35, 287 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

INDIVIDUAL RECEIVING

Independence:

Isaac Baugh 6 catches, 100 yards

Alex Reese 6 catches, 98 yards

Jeff Veres 6 catches, 93 yards, 1 TD

Ben Parker 2 catches, 38 yards

Scott Pettigrew 1 catch, 11 yards

Again, I know some stats are missing because they have not been entered yet but once they are, I'll update this post.

Two things stood out for me here. First, Indy did a great job spreading the ball around. It looks like their balanced attack kept Millington on their heels all night. Another thing is the Millington penalties. A total of 13 for 105 yards, looks like they got a little sloppy.

The stats don't add up. The Commercial Appeal article lists him at 22-33 for 339 yards, which sounds a bit more accurate...if you add up the IHS receivers' totals, he has 21 completions for 340 yards. Not that it matters, but just pointing out to everybody that the stats I posted may be slightly inaccurate.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...one-point-short

There's the link.

I have a new respect for Millington. I helped the Indy team get set up before the game and the Millington coaches and staff were awesome. They helped with whatever we needed. That was also the best running team I have seen all year, including BA and MBA. Congrats on a great season and for showing class in defeat. It's unfortunate some idiots get on here and represent you in a bad way.

Someone asked for this to be said and I will say it..

Millington... Your running backs... BAD #### by far!!

Yall are a GREAT team and I give you all the respect I can try. It seemed like we would stop yall for a 2nd and long and it would be a 3rd and one or 1st down everytime... I very very impressed and would like to see yall make a run next year.

IHS... im proud of you... keep up the respect.. I dont want to see any people acting 5 on here... Millington was a great team and that was a great game!

Indy congrats.. you guys are a good team even though we all get on here an trash talk alittle...

But let me tell you the game turning point for us.. I forget where we were but we were on indy's 25-35 yard line and we decided to throw that float/wably long pass and you guys intercepted it. It was 21-6 at that time. Why would he want to chance that when the running game was working so well? We possibly could have scored a touch down or ended up with a field goal...and could have missed either way it was a bad play call. I know that is a what if but thats just what runs through alot of millington fans head . You guys have to admit we have some bad aZZ RB's. I wished coached would have let #44 run the ball for us more than 1 time. He is 6'2-6'3 210-220 area but reminds me of your big boy pettigrew (sp) but faster. He likes to run people over. But the good thing is millington will be back next yr and still has some of the backs you guys saw tonight returning.

Good luck at the boro and have a safe trip back.

Good point. I was standing there just watching in awe as you guys continued to go to the air, when your run game was so effective against us.

I honestly thought that Indy would handle the run much better than they did. Your backs really are as impressive as everyone has said. That was probably the most effective running of the Wing-T offense that I have ever seen, as well. You guys are a great team, and I wish you luck in the future.

I am an Independence fan and long-time CoachT reader. I swore to myself that I would never actually post anything on here but find myself breaking that oath after attending the greatest high school football game I have ever seen.

Millington, my hat is off to you. You deserved every bit of your 13-0 record. From what I could see and hear from the stands, you were far and above the classiest team we have played all year. The athletic ability on your team was staggering, and I have never seen the Wing-T used with such potency. Neither of the teams on that field deserved to lose tonight. Millington seniors, congratulations on a hard-fought game and best of luck in the future.

Indepedence...I don't even know what to say. I have never been more proud of our football team. I was a little worried when kick-off was eight minutes away and the fan buses had still not arrived, but way to show up in a big way. You are the greatest fans in the land...period. Continue to show class by NOT getting on here and talking trash. We write our final chapter next Saturday night, let's make it a doozie.

P.S. This is the real JT

it was a good game ya'll must have paid those refs some good money he'll they gave yall a touchdown at the end of the game it will be funny when smryna whoops yall tail go Trojans Go Smyrna yall stink I'm done with you weak ###### people

I expected no less from you. Too bad you don't have the class of the coaches and boosters.

good game Indy, yall were a great team...speaking for everyone in millington, sorry for underrating you like that. We made the mistake of looking past you, and it hit us hard. I will never forget this season, seeing that it is my last time ever playing this incredible game. win state indy, yall deserve it.

Your people treated us very well from the mayor, coaches and booster club. They fed our boys for the trip back. I will say I under rated your team speed. That is the fastest team I have ever seen. I have watched a ton of HS football games and that was a great HS game. Unfortunately a team has to lose. Good luck in the future.

The stats don't add up. The Commercial Appeal article lists him at 22-33 for 339 yards, which sounds a bit more accurate...if you add up the IHS receivers' totals, he has 21 completions for 340 yards. Not that it matters, but just pointing out to everybody that the stats I posted may be slightly inaccurate.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...one-point-short

There's the link.

Doesn't suprise me I couldn't keep them tonight. No room in the pressbox and my computer isn't waterproof...lol. Got to actually watch from the sidelines and will get them from the Tennessean.